• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Debate: Should Self-SurgeJet work on Land?

Should Surge provide transportation for the User (not including Others) on land(;not water|ice|snow)

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
People like you said lavabending wasn't possible before Ghazan...
Because it wasn't possible and that time, and thus why tla/lok didn't have lavabending at that time. Are you now continue to argue with me about Surge and start on complain as to why TLA plugin didn't include lavabending (because why else would it bring on that point). There was no evidence of lavabending ever existing to earthbenders (only avatars could before Writers of the show had it be incorperated with earthbending alone), thus its logical why in minecraft you couldn't bent as an earthbender. Same goes for why it should justify my Surge rant.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
1) Noone is going to argue with you about that .-. Even though you seem to want surge to deal damage...
That was a example for a particular ability that doesn't involve surge, so that I can explain that: logic != fun (translation: logic isn't equal to fun (sometimes)).
2) If you're not going to change your mindset why are you a r g u i n g? I know it's the norm with all the progressives running rampant today but it's not how arguing works.
I mean your nerf doesn't mean anything to me, as long as it doesn't catch the attention for concept designers.

Madocean

Verified Member
1) It is, but serial killer use logic to justify killing people if you catch my drift
2) Rip
3) ... why not just throw it in the 3 spot, or plug the hole, just looks bad in terms of formatting
4) Newton's third law states that for every action there is an opposite re-action, when you explode a giant ball of water behind yourself, the pressure propels you since you can contain all of the vapor using the influence of bending. I could get into like the gas laws since we've seen waterbenders create boiling water (Boyle's law, Charles' and Lussac's laws would definitely support the arguement of a move like this existing. Actually using ACTUAL physics my arguement is twice as sound. In fact by the extension of people being able to GENERALLY move water, much less move it excessively quick in large masses, it can be stated that they can boil it too. I can settle for a charge on a move using these concepts. Freeze a layer around a ball of water, jump in front of it, blow it up (in an area where the concentration would viably affect velocity) That actually sounds TWICE as cool as surgejet. However the mechanics of the current jet are just so sound, that-well scratch that this could have the exact same mechanics by what i described lol. The only thing i want to keep is the idea of surge creating a wave on top of water that propels you FAST, this one is CERTAINLY the most hands down viable iteration of a surgejet

The most important thing to note however is that in the polls, the people have chosen to keep jet :p Clearly it's a mechanic people like. There's no reason to remove something that everyone likes lol

Madocean

Verified Member
That was a example for a particular ability that doesn't involve surge, so that I can explain that: logic != fun (translation: logic isn't equal to fun (sometimes)).

I mean your nerf doesn't mean anything to me, as long as it doesn't catch the attention for concept designers.
Okay so you just admitted that logic doesnt = fun. This is exactly why games cant be 100% logical. They just wouldn't be as fun as they would otherwise. YOU might not want a fun game in favor of a logical one. That's fine. However most people who play now just don't want to be so strictly logical. They want, to have fun.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
4) Newton's third law states that for every action there is an opposite re-action, when you explode a giant ball of water behind yourself, the pressure propels you since you can contain all of the vapor using the influence of bending. I could get into like the gas laws since we've seen waterbenders create boiling water (Boyle's law, Charles' and Lussac's laws would definitely support the arguement of a move like this existing. Actually using ACTUAL physics my arguement is twice as sound. In fact by the extension of people being able to GENERALLY move water, much less move it excessively quick in large masses, it can be stated that they can boil it too. I can settle for a charge on a move using these concepts. Freeze a layer around a ball of water, jump in front of it, blow it up (in an area where the concentration would viably affect velocity) That actually sounds TWICE as cool as surgejet. However the mechanics of the current jet are just so sound, that-well scratch that this could have the exact same mechanics by what i described lol. The only thing i want to keep is the idea of surge creating a wave on top of water that propels you FAST, this one is CERTAINLY the most hands down viable iteration of a surgejet
Last time I check, this point was about the waterhoverboard. From there, we went outside of the boarders of the surge debate domain. So again, how can waterbenders that bent the water off the ground can be suspended in air? Evidence of that? Like I said, bending works by this analogetic logic:"you can pull someones (long) hair to pull them up , but you cannot pull your hair to start ascending upwards".

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
The most important thing to note however is that in the polls, the people have chosen to keep jet :p Clearly it's a mechanic people like. There's no reason to remove something that everyone likes lol
11 people don't represent the whole community, lol. There are over billions (= figuratively - gazillion) of players that utilize this plugin. 11 people aren't that even close to reaching that estimate number.

Madocean

Verified Member
Because it wasn't possible and that time, and thus why tla/lok didn't have lavabending at that time. Are you now continue to argue with me about Surge and start on complain as to why TLA plugin didn't include lavabending (because why else would it bring on that point). There was no evidence of lavabending ever existing to earthbenders (only avatars could before Writers of the show had it be incorperated with earthbending alone), thus its logical why in minecraft you couldn't bent as an earthbender. Same goes for why it should justify my Surge rant.
BRUH. LOL. WE SAW TWO AVATARS AND AN EARTHBENDER LAVABEND. It was displayed as possible, but people like you didn't care about that. That's why my point was relevant. It doesn't justify your surge rant at all, no standpoint of logical analysis does.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Evidence are still required, which from there you can form and base it into logic/theory, otherwise If you don't provide - it can be taken as just "fanfiction". For example, I can say "waterbenders can create fire through bending". Your saying pushing others and yourself is the same exact, but again - you fail at proving me wrong.

I prove my points on how pushing yourself (watersurf) and pushing others (surge is different). You have nothing to back that up.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
BRUH. LOL. WE SAW TWO AVATARS AND AN EARTHBENDER LAVABEND. It was displayed as possible, but people like you didn't care about that. That's why my point was relevant. It doesn't justify your surge rant at all, no standpoint of logical analysis does.
*siggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
WHY DO YOU HAVE WRITE IN CAPS. I DIDN'T SAY THEY COULDN'T LAVABEND. I SAID YOU CAN'T BLAME A PLUGIN FOR NOT HAVING LAVABENDING BEFORE BOOK 3 OF TLOK WAS REVEALED. THAT'S MY ARGUMENT TO YOUR DEFENSE OF WHY SURGE-SELF BEING SAME IS FLAWED.

Madocean

Verified Member
LOOOOOL BRUH, NOWHERE NEAR billions of people use this plugin. Infact, PK has less downloads than TLA... It's in the THOUSANDS at BEST. It's dying right now too. Hundreds MAYBE. Those 11 people DO represent the community. So do the 5 that you failed to mention. All of them represent our community BECAUSE noone else in the community care enough to voice their opinions. That's not even speaking of the some 10-20 TLA advocates who were banned, they aren't even allowed a voice in this decision because their view of where the plugin is going is different than everyone elses. Those people are actually a large part of the community and we INTENTIONALLY develop the plugin in ways they don't like but never ask them about it anyways.

Madocean

Verified Member
*siggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
WHY DO YOU HAVE WRITE IN CAPS. I DIDN'T SAY THEY COULDN'T LAVABEND. I SAID YOU CAN'T BLAME A PLUGIN FOR NOT HAVING LAVABENDING BEFORE BOOK 3 OF TLOK WAS REVEALED. THAT'S MY ARGUMENT TO YOUR DEFENSE OF WHY SURGE-SELF BEING SAME IS FLAWED.
IT WAS SHOWN IN ATLA BOOKS 2 &3 #_##_#_#_ THAT'S WHY IT'S IMPORTANT. My arguement is backed by honest logic T_T Yours is backed by distaste for a mechanic.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Those 11 people DO represent the community.
If that's the way you see it, your close minded.

Just because there are only few people that are contribing to it, via FORUMS, doesn't it mean it represent the community. Community terms that ranges to the people who utilize the content it provides, and the one that helps it out through giving back.

Madocean

Verified Member
Evidence are still required, which from there you can form and base it into logic/theory, otherwise If you don't provide - it can be taken as just "fanfiction". For example, I can say "waterbenders can create fire through bending". Your saying pushing others and yourself is the same exact, but again - you fail at proving me wrong.

I prove my points on how pushing yourself (watersurf) and pushing others (surge is different). You have nothing to back that up.
YOU HAVEN'T PROVED ME WRONG MORE THAN TWICE. I COUNTED. I'VE DISPROVED ALMOST A L L OF YOUR STATEMENTS. I LITERALLY PROVIDED ALL NECESSARY EVIDENCE FOR THAT ARGUEMENT IN THE SAME SENTENCE.

Madocean

Verified Member
If that's the way you see it, your close minded.

Just because there are only few people that are contribing to it, via FORUMS, doesn't it mean it represent the community. Community terms that ranges to the people who utilize the content it provides, and the one that helps it out through giving back.
I'M CLOSED MINDED?!?!? YOU WON'T EVEN EXAMINE A SINGLE POINT OF MINE. The people who care to share their thoughts in the community are the people whose thoughts we should address however. That should be obvious.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
IT WAS SHOWN IN ATLA BOOKS 2 &3 #_##_#_#_ THAT'S WHY IT'S IMPORTANT. My arguement is backed by honest logic T_T Yours is backed by distaste for a mechanic.
Yeah, but the concept of being a sub-skill for earthbenders HADN"T BEEN ESTABLISHED BY WRITERS BEFORE AND DURING THE CREATION OF THE LEGEND OF KORRA SERIES.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'M CLOSED MINDED?!?!? YOU WON'T EVEN EXAMINE A SINGLE POINT OF MINE. The people who care to share their thoughts in the community are the people whose thoughts we should address however. That should be obvious.
I'M NOT SHARING THOUGHTS, WHAT???

Madocean

Verified Member
Yeah, but the concept of being a sub-skill for earthbenders HADN"T BEEN ESTABLISHED BY WRITERS BEFORE AND DURING THE CREATION OF THE LEGEND OF KORRA SERIES.
Right, because it WASN'T a SUB element, it also wasn't necessary to treat it as one. That's really the only point that can be made to that extent.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Right, because it WASN'T a SUB element, it also wasn't necessary to treat it as one. That's really the only point that can be made to that extent.
^^^^^ AND THAT'S THE REASON WHY SELF-SURGING SHOULD BE REMOVED, BECAUSE IN THE SHOW SURGING YOURSELF AND OTHERS ARE SHOWN TO ACT DIFFERENTLY.

Same goes for hoverboard. "Right, because it WASN'T demonstrated, it also wasn't necessary to treat it as one".

YOU HAVEN'T PROVED ME WRONG MORE THAN TWICE. I COUNTED. I'VE DISPROVED ALMOST A L L OF YOUR STATEMENTS. I LITERALLY PROVIDED ALL NECESSARY EVIDENCE FOR THAT ARGUEMENT IN THE SAME SENTENCE.
I did prove you wrong. With canon evidence. You haven't prove me wrong to the following points:
1)Surging yourself is slower.
2)Surging yourself takes chargetime.

Madocean

Verified Member
^^^^^ AND THAT'S THE REASON WHY SELF-SURGING SHOULD BE REMOVED, BECAUSE IN THE SHOW SURGING YOURSELF AND OTHERS ARE SHOWN TO ACT DIFFERENTLY.

Same goes for hoverboard. "Right, because it WASN'T demonstrated, it also wasn't necessary to treat it as one".

I did prove you wrong. With canon evidence. You haven't prove me wrong to the following points:
1)Surging yourself is slower.
2)Surging yourself takes chargetime.
Firstly, I already addressed this. Being a sub is irrelevant it EXISTED, therefore it was JUST lava. Secondly ITS SIMPLE LOGIC.

I literally gave you a gif for the hoverboard... It really doesn't matter anyways. Surge isn't HOVERING lol. That's where YOU made the mistake.

No you told me something hasn't happened, in NO way does that mean it CAN'T as you imply.
1)That's really not how it works, any two humans of the same mass can be thrown at the same speed. Minecraft characters are uniform in mass. There's no reason that should be a thing.
2) You already have to select and execute it. That is TIME taken. You're executing a FORM in doing this. That's how bending WORKS. A charge isn't even necessary, These two concepts actually add to the vulnerability of execution aswell.