• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Contest Tie Breaker! Dig or Spiritual Projection?

Dig or Spiritual Projection?

• Dig

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Spiritual Projection

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loony

I think he wanted "Spiritual Projection" to be something different than what Loony made it out to be. He's not gonna vote for it because he was disappointed by the product. However, I love what Loony did with it. Instead of just adding to Spiritual Projection he added to the whole idea of Airbenders having a greater Spiritual connection. Although, I would change it's name.
But that's judging the ability based upon what the ability was never meant to be..

PS. If you have a better name for the ability pls suggest them. When I started I was like "I wanna make an ability for the spiritual projection sub" and called my eclipse project that and then I just never changed it lol.

xNuminousx

I think Spiritual Projection would get it more noticed and stuff... And I would say Spiritual Manipulation but, is that really what it's doing? Spiritual Energy? Spiritual (simple)? Spirit Control? Not really sure. I just think Spiritual Projection is too broad for the abilities your move has.

Loony

I think Spiritual Projection would get it more noticed and stuff... And I would say Spiritual Manipulation but, is that really what it's doing? Spiritual Energy? Spiritual (simple)? Spirit Control? Not really sure. I just think Spiritual Projection is too broad for the abilities your move has.
But I can't think of any other names that fit lmao

But I can't think of any other names that fit lmao
Spiritual Manipulation: the ability to control your own and drain one's spiritual energy from others. It also includes utilizing your own projected spiritual body to use for offensive purposes. The Three's imo fit under that term and meditation has a link to utilize this ability.

Joeri

I don't know what you mean by "the concept is executed poorly" the concept was executed exactly how I wanted it to be executed?
Right, i used the incorrect term. It was executed properly in your eyes, but for me the concept has potential but lacks in every aspect besides being a typical "cool move". Why would anyone use it? why doesn't it follow the canon more? What even is the reason you felt like this specific thing should be added besides uniqueness? It feels like you missed basically every essential step that a concept designer should take, and instead directly worked an idea out that looked cool

Loony

Right, i used the incorrect term. It was executed properly in your eyes, but for me the concept has potential but lacks in every aspect besides being a typical "cool move". Why would anyone use it? why doesn't it follow the canon more? What even is the reason you felt like this specific thing should be added besides uniqueness? It feels like you missed basically every essential step that a concept designer should take, and instead directly worked an idea out that looked cool
The ability wasn't designed to be canon, because abilities for the contest didn't have to be canon. That was made very clear. The contest is just for fun, it's not to make the next most-used move in bending. This ability is never going in the Core plugin so I didn't need to design it for that.

Reasons I chose to create this ability;
- I wanted to add the unique charging system that I thought of, spiritual energy
- I wanted to try creating a MultiAbility
- I wanted to expand on the Spiritual sub-element
- I wanted to just see what I could do for my first real ability that I make

People would use it because it's fun I guess? And unique? When I used it in-game, it seemed to fit well together. You could combo with Spirit and AstralAttack and I had a lot of fun with it.

I'd like to make it clear once more that this contest isn't about getting your move in PK, it's just a developer contest to create an ability, that's all. In no way did I design this to submit it for the Core plugin.

Loony

The entire contest was to hopefully get more people involved in development for ProjectKorra.

[Edit]: I wasn't submitting as a Concept Designer, I was submitting as a fairly-new addon developer. I can create amazing concepts that people would love, but I can't develop those concepts on my own at this point.

Loony

Spiritual Manipulation: the ability to control your own and drain one's spiritual energy from others. It also includes utilizing your own projected spiritual body to use for offensive purposes. The Three's imo fit under that term and meditation has a link to utilize this ability.
May consider this :)

xNuminousx

but for me the concept has potential but lacks in every aspect besides being a typical "cool move".
I'm not understanding how it lacks anywhere... The MultiAbility Loony has created extends the spiritual capabilities of an Airbender and adds to Spiritual Projection...

Why would anyone use it?
Because it includes offense, defense, and utility all in the same move. I'd use it.

why doesn't it follow the canon more?
Why should it? He's extending on an idea given in the show in his own way.

What even is the reason you felt like this specific thing should be added besides uniqueness?
It's not getting added anywhere... But I would want it added because it adds a new aspect to the plugin: Energy. Nothing else in the entire plugin uses the same Energy system Loony created.

It feels like you missed basically every essential step that a concept designer should take
He took a simple idea (Spiritual Projection) and turned it into so much more. He ADDED to the spiritual capabilities of an airbender. Please tell me how this is a fail without using the "it's not canon" excuse.

and instead directly worked an idea out that looked cool
Unfortunately you're so caught up in how things look that you're blinded to the way they work and the time that had to be given for this to be created. Things aren't always about looks.

Loony

It's not getting added anywhere... But I would want it added because it adds a new aspect to the plugin: Energy. Nothing else in the entire plugin uses the same Energy system Loony created.
Btw, I asked if whichever ability won was going to be added regardless because if it was I would've never entered so

xNuminousx

Btw, I asked if whichever ability won was going to be added regardless because if it was I would've never entered so
The rules of submitting an add-on say that they could add it to core if they want, so really they could if they really wanted to. However, I don't think they would if you declined.

Loony

The rules of submitting an add-on say that they could add it to core if they want, so really they could if they really wanted to. However, I don't think they would if you declined.
Nah I mean that in the contest it stated that the winning move has the chance to be added to Core, but I made it clear I didn't want mine in.

xNuminousx

Nah I mean that in the contest it stated that the winning move has the chance to be added to Core, but I made it clear I didn't want mine in.
Yea but you also submitted this to the public. And there were rules and guidelines in doing so.

Loony

And by the way Joeri, I'm not trying to say you're not allowed to have your views and that they're wrong. I'm just trying to understand your feedback and give an explanation.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
I don't know why people are arguing other's opinion. It's a vote, disagree with them all you want, they're not just going to change it because you said so, and their opinion is equally as valid as yours.

xNuminousx

I don't know why people are arguing other's opinion. It's a vote, disagree with them all you want, they're not just going to change it because you said so, and their opinion is equally as valid as yours.
Well their opinion didn't seem to make sense, thus all the questions and answers. I just want to get out of him why he would vote against it.