• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Contest Tie Breaker! Dig or Spiritual Projection?

Dig or Spiritual Projection?

• Dig

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Spiritual Projection

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't mentioned healing in my argument. I'm simply arguing a spiritual block is possible, and that's what Drain does. But Loony said:

So why argue if it's canon tbh.

Because "spiritual" is not physical.

I interpret knowledge as in the ability to perform this ability. The lion turtle did not GIVE Aang Energybending. It gave him the widom for him to use Energybending. Implying, it was already within him, he just needed the inspiration to do so.

Any bender probably could do it, but for the same reason why every Air nomad is an Airbender and that's only unique to the Air nation, not every bender is going to have this ability. Actually, few airbenders will actually have this ability. Even flying, that's probably open to more elements than just air. I say this because, it's achieved by letting go of earthly tethers, not bending. You can't just learn this. It's something you have to come to terms with inside your soul. Only airbenders and 1 lion turtle (lion turtles were energybenders, not elemental benders) have ever achieved this ability, so right now it's just a theory. But I don't recall anything saying they are bending anything, it's just a state of mind and freedom from earthly tethers. And airbenders, being the MOST spiritual element/nation, are way more likely to achieve this than anyone else.
Well, that's where I started.

Seriously?

Then why energybenders had to touch someone's forehead. Mind arguing why come?

Ok

Only airbenders achieved energybending? Lol what? That would an hypothes, not an actual fact.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

It isn't. BOOM forget it ffs xD Drain is illogical, because it powers up the user. All this talk was about blocking bending, but nothing hints that blocking it would increase/restore spiritual energy level to user. There was no such thing regarding mana-magic-buffs-you thing. Nothing hints about AstralAttack as well. *Drops mic*. Also, I do not think SP and Bending Blocking have nothing in common with each other. It is called "Spiritual Projection" for a reason, not "Spiritual Manipulation".

Since everyone can bend energy and be spiritual, while limit to airbenders and not provide a boolean config option to all elements. I'm not saying the author should redo it right now, but what done is done: really limits stuff.

Last edited:
And it's only for Waterbenders (from what I recall). Plus it has a different background. The one he made was inspired by Amon while this one is inspired by the spirits. Although the same, now 2 elements can do it.
Amon claims that he was gifted with the power to remove bending by the spirits, and If he really did speak it truth: so ''this' isn't the only inspired by this spirit.

That only hints that AVATAR could do those stuff. Just because they mastered airbending, it doesn't direct to a verdict that airbenders
Can make a controllable projection of yourself, can you not?
Yes they can, but what evidence do you have that they can cause (physical) harm/injury/damage to anyone through their spirit form
Much like Aang creates (refer to my SummonSelf suggestion, even though it's airbending. I'm referring to looks)
Therefor, I don't have to explain why that argument in valid, because you explained it yourself. I can claim Flight users through flight can do that, because Aang done a similar through a non-sub ability.
And it could have lessend effects of the spirit blast we saw Vaatu and the projection of Korra used in Republic City. We now they project their spirit, we know they can use spiritual energy to attack.
It isn't an airbending thing. What Korra did isn't even used through air bending. Anyone can do it, not only airbenders (according to you). Using those examples, you're pretty much saying that Airbenders are also the bridge between the spirit and the real world, because due to their spiritually.

It's a spiritual ability... This is a spiritual ability that requires spiritual energy to use.... What makes you think I think this requires airbending?
You do realize that this is how its designed. I'm finding a flaw that Loony's ability is limited to airbending's sub.
Notice, or remember, the PROJECTED version of Korra was able to defeat the physical version of Vaatu/Unalaq... One had an ancient spirit in them (they still lost) both had harmonic convergence at their side. Yea, this blast is pretty MAJOR so that's why without Harmonic Convergence, the blast would be lessened, thus creating an Astral Attack.
Spiritual Projection and Astral Projection are two different things. Avatars use the latter thing, first one - airbending's sub.

Also:
That is a blast, not a humanoid shape figure (the pic you provided in). Aang used airbenders, not spiri
tual projection
- it would be like arguing over burrow/quicksand thing If loony created it as for sandbending technique, while I say it shouldn't because there we numerious of times executing that technique to any type of earth terrain and not just sand. That's were doing in that kind of analogy (try counter arguing that).
And as I said, I was referring to the looks. But you quoted that so I guess I don't have to explain why you took it out of context.
Why are you arguing that? Does my point not stand that "SPIRITUAL PROJECTION doesn't hint that it can be used for offensive purposes"? You're providing irrelevant evidence, which aren't even related to the sub skill. I really suggesting quoting someone from SPIRITUAL PROJECTION page on the wiki instead of something unrelated.

xNuminousx

As for that last response, if you do your research you'll see that the show and stuff I've provided contradicts it. Loony's right, this is off topic here.

Negative what/who/when? I do not find it negative, but the comment is amusing. I don't mind, but I just find the humour in it when the author of the ability compliments his own created addon without saying anything about his competitor's work.

Though, I might be wrong. Maybe he isn't bias, but hardly I can tell by his vague remark. (And sorry If I mistook him with a "he"... should have check a profile before cringing myselfing after finding out he is an actually a "she").

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt