• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Community Update: PK 1.8.0 is here!

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Hello, everyone!

In case you missed it, we have finally released ProjectKorra Core 1.8.0 for MC 1.8, 1.9, and 1.10! We once again apologize for the extremely long wait. There was a lot to get through! However, we are very happy with the result so we thank you all for your patience.
For a full list of changes and everything else, you can check out this thread here outlining the changes from Core 1.7.0. And although it wasn't mentioned, there have been over 90 bugs fixed since 1.8.0 Beta 12 alone! You can be sure this version is more stable than the tower of Pisa when it was upright!
With that behind us, here's an update from the staff.

Developemt:
Now that bug fixing for 1.8.0 is finally over, the developers can now start work on 1.9.0 and branch out to the side plugins! Hype for spirits?! Starting now, there will be betas released at least once every two weeks along with an update post each time something notable happens with development. Comment below with what you would like to see first!

Please just remember that these are BETA BUILDS and might be unstable, especially if we are releasing them much more often! If you really aren't sure on how stable the latest beta is, please just ask around. The staff or another fellow member will do our best to help you out!

We also thank all of our developers and testers in the community for their hard work on 1.8.0 as well! I am honestly amazed by how many bugs some of you can find. Although it took a while, they were very dedicated to making sure the stable was as stable as possible. So be sure to give them a huge shout out!

In regards to 1.11, we will be updating 1.8.0 Stable and any current betas to 1.11 shortly after the release. With that in mind, what are your favorite additions or changes in 1.11? What would you like to see utilized in ProjectKorra? Comment below! In case you haven't seen them yet, here is an album of all the major changes thus far!

Concept Designers:
Right now the concept designers are adding the finishing touches to the 1.9.0 plan. It's mostly all worked out, so expect some new content soon. As stated above, be sure to start posting your suggestions for 1.9, 1.10, or 1.11 features you'd like to see us implement!

Moderators:
You all may have noticed there has been a huge increase in spam recently. Again, we just ask that you hit that "report" button and our forum moderators will be onto it as soon as possible! Thank you for your patience as we sort this as well.

Huge shout out to @StrangeOne101 for helping me type up this update and @Loony for helping me tackle that monster of a changelog! Thanks, guys!

Sweet. This plugin live through the whole damn x (5 or 6?) years with us, and yet it is still the best roleplaying/magic/gamechanging/new combat plugin through the minecraft community imo. As I seen, there aren't any (best quality) fictional/fantasy plugins out there based of a cartoon/anime, comics and video games. This plugin makes the game to the next level and PK the only factor that keeps me tethered to the game and giving me with hopes there will be more plugins like these out publicly. As always, THANK YOU for everything!

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Hype for spirits you say..? *wink wink wink wink wink, nudge*

Moderators:
You all may have noticed there has been a huge increase in spam recently. Again, we just ask that you hit that "report" button and our forum moderators will be onto it as soon as possible! Thank you for your patience as we sort this as well.
What I don't get why not use thread-submission system for that? The Forum right now is moslty inactive anyway and spammers probably will stay there until this site will be back in business, so why not make that system (you know... the one that moderators will have to accept the thread to become uploaded after submitting it). Or do the bots can just break through it and still do their advertisement?

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
What I don't get why not use thread-submission system for that? The Forum right now is moslty inactive anyway and spammers probably will stay there until this site will be back in business, so why not make that system (you know... the one that moderators will have to accept the thread to become uploaded after submitting it). Or do the bots can just break through it and still do their advertisement?
I've actually added a new layer of anti-Spam features today. We're now using a more secure reCaptcha system to prevent bots from registering. It wont keep all of them out, but should significantly reduce it to almost zero.

That said, we'll still have to clean out what's already there. That said, we should remain diligent in reporting it.

A thread submission system would simply dilute the flow of ideas -- we don't want any of that.

developers can now start work on 1.9.0 and branch out to the side plugins! Hype for spirits?! Starting now, there will be betas released at least once every two weeks along with an update post each time something notable happens
Are the betas for Project Korra 1.9.0 or the Project Korra Spirit plugin? Sorry, it's just a bit confusing the way it's worded.

I've actually added a new layer of anti-Spam features today. We're now using a more secure reCaptcha system to prevent bots from registering. It wont keep all of them out, but should significantly reduce it to almost zero.

That said, we'll still have to clean out what's already there. That said, we should remain diligent in reporting it.

A thread submission system would simply dilute the flow of ideas -- we don't want any of that.
Let's hope so, because overall it is better to have a clean forum then the table with trash all over it.

In regards to 1.11, we will be updating 1.8.0 Stable and any current betas to 1.11 shortly after the release. With that in mind, what are your favorite additions or changes in 1.11? What would you like to see utilized in ProjectKorra? Comment below! In case you haven't seen them yet, here is an album of all the major changes thus far!
Waterbenders spitting acid (llama's saliva) from their mouths when in a drastic case such as deprived from their bending source

Jk