• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Chi Improvements

Are these Ideas reasonable?

• No (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some can use help (please explain)

• How about these ideas? (Post your ideas in the comments)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForumNomad

Verified Member
Across all the bending servers I've played on I have noticed something: people dislike Chi. Whether it's because it's too OP, too useless, or too weak, people generally dislike Chi. So I've decided to attempt to fix that and balance out and improve Chi. (Be prepared for a list now).

Acrobatics (Highjump Tweak)
This new version of Highjump would be renamed Acrobatics to generalize what it does, which is what the original did plus when you have the slot with Acrobatics bound and you jump while next to a wall that's 3 blocks high or more (number can be changed if config) it will launch you 2-3 blocks (number again can be configurable) in the other direction. Allowing you to Freerun! Just think how cool it would be to walljump back and forth between walls.

Combo Attack (RapidPunch Tweak)
What this tweak of RapidPunch does is balance out this ability, as some would say it's OP. Everytime you would punch someone with the bound slot the damage would stack up to 3-4 times each time adding 1 heart (Well maybe half a heart that might be OP). For example: 1st punch= 1 heart, 2nd punch= 1 1/2 heart, 3rd punch= 2 hearts, 4th punch= 2 1/2 heart, and so on. Once you hit the max amount of the stacks you get a cooldown of 5 seconds. Additionally, not punching a target for more then 2 seconds resets the stack. This one was debatable to me so I ask the readers of this decide if this is acceptable.

SuckerPunch (Ability)
When you punch a target with the bound slot, the target will receive a good deal of damage (3 1/2 hearts maybe?) and will receive nausea for 5 seconds due to the force of the punch, and slowness I after the nausea due to the soreness after. Also it would be AWESOME if when you hit the target with this it could emit the particles from a breaking a throw up-colored block around the head, or it drops a rotten flesh on the ground from the target. :p

JumpKick (Ability)
To use this ability you would sprint, jump and click mid-air (like airscooter) then it would shoot you in direction you clicked. If you come in contact with the target anywhere on the trip since when you clicked, to when you hit the floor the target would get hit with 6 hearts and get knockback II, yes that's a lot! However, if you miss the target you'll take 3 hearts of damage from recoil (Pokémon much?) and if you get hit by any bending attack (not regular punches) you'll knockbacked, hit with 1 1/2 hearts+ the damage from the bending move. But if you hit or miss either way you'll take a cooldown of 10 seconds. Sounds hard? Just remember: SuckerPunch/Smokescreen+Jumpkick=
:eek: STRATEGY!:confused:"What's this word?!"

RapidPunch (Tweak/Ability)
I was thinking, instead of having Combo Attack replace RapidPunch it could do something else, keep in mind that this one is also debatable so you readers decide. Whenever you hit a bender with this it'll rapidly punch them dealing 2 hearts (any amount of hearts that's lower then how much damage the original did) but now, it'll disable the move the bender had was using when they got punched for about 5 seconds maybe? I need feedback on this one as it may be OP.

Well that's it (for right now) will update later, you can expect improvements on other elements but Chi and Earth are my favorite so sorry if it takes me awhile for other elements.

Until Next Time.
-ForumNomad

:rolleyes:"I like this guy"

Last edited:

Chen

Verified Member
These move's are great ideas, I think they could be balanced out a little more but great work.

xXturbokidXx

Verified Member
I personally think chi needs some more moves like SmokeScreen where it isn't just punching, but other than that I like this ideas! Keep up the good work!

6tijn

Verified Member
Yes Yes! This is what Chi is about! They should get more mobility and attacks! I really like the freerun things. I think chi also should be able to 'doublejump' and climb walls. It's so weak now.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I am a great fan of acrobatics ability, and I think it should rebound them in the direction they are looking. Also I think they should need to left-click again for it to work. Something like that should be precise and controlled for the best possible results, rather than automatic.

The JumpKick ability is interesting, I'm still thinking about it, but I like the idea of aerial attacks for them (as long as it's within reason). The damage - 6 hearts, that is too powerful for any ability and would need to change.

I personally like the idea of RapidPunch involving repeated punches from the practitioner themselves rather than being automatic, it makes the ability more controlled and realistic, and keep it sharp.

A power-punch type ability (like SuckerPunch) has always been a debate for me. It would need to be done in a way that seems logical enough for a chiblocker and within their capacity. Nauseating for 5 seconds seems overpowered to me.

Interesting suggestions all-in-all. They entertained me. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.