• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Chi Healing. *(New Moves)*

It is well known in the show 'Avatar the Last Airbender' that 'Chi' is an energy that flows throughout every bender, some nonbenders have learned to block the chi in benders, we call them "Chi-Blockers" While rewatching the show I thought of some interesting moves that chi could use.

Chi-Blockers have the ability to manipulate, and control players bending, with this being said I think the element chi should have a move that allows the Chi Blocker to mend the chi in another player.

1. Mend. Hold shift on a bender for 3 seconds and start mending their chi, this can heal 3 missing hearts and undo the effects of a recently 'cleansed' player (giving them their element back)
Drawbacks: You're unable to mend a bender's chi if it's beyond repair. (If they're in combat tag, or if they have been recently hit by a chi-blockers paralyze)

Chi-Blockers can disrupt the flow of chi in a bender deeming their bending ineffective for a short period of time, but what if you could steal a benders chi instead and divert it to yourself?

2. Divert. Divert the chi from one bender's body to yourself, when used you gain 1-2 absorption hearts, while the bender loses 1-2. To use simply run up behind a bender (only works from behind) and hold shift on them for 2.5 seconds.
Drawbacks: It's almost impossible to use if the bender is moving, a better way to use this would be to use Paralyze first giving you time to hold shift behind them.

Why do we need this?

I main Chi on a lot of servers and I really enjoy the element! but the fact that you can't heal yourself even though the element is based around the flow of energy and how it keeps your bending active doesn't really make sense to me. I think this would be a fantastic addition to the element.

negative aspects.
For Mend It's drawbacks are fair but unfortunate since a lot of people would be in combat, and for Divert it's a great idea but you might not use it all the time, seeing that chi-blockers usually paralyze benders so they can kill them, not to heal themselves.

positive aspects.
I think chi REALLY needs a healing move, even if it's not these moves its still something to add in the future. I hope you all like my ideas ^-^

Pride

It is well known in the show 'Avatar the Last Airbender' that 'Chi' is an energy that flows throughout every bender, some nonbenders have learned to block the chi in benders, we call them "Chi-Blockers" While rewatching the show I thought of some interesting moves that chi could use.

Chi-Blockers have the ability to manipulate, and control players bending, with this being said I think the element chi should have a move that allows the Chi Blocker to mend the chi in another player.

1. Mend. Hold shift on a bender for 3 seconds and start mending their chi, this can heal 3 missing hearts and undo the effects of a recently 'cleansed' player (giving them their element back)
Drawbacks: You're unable to mend a bender's chi if it's beyond repair. (If they're in combat tag, or if they have been recently hit by a chi-blockers paralyze)

Chi-Blockers can disrupt the flow of chi in a bender deeming their bending ineffective for a short period of time, but what if you could steal a benders chi instead and divert it to yourself?

2. Divert. Divert the chi from one bender's body to yourself, when used you gain 1-2 absorption hearts, while the bender loses 1-2. To use simply run up behind a bender (only works from behind) and hold shift on them for 2.5 seconds.
Drawbacks: It's almost impossible to use if the bender is moving, a better way to use this would be to use Paralyze first giving you time to hold shift behind them.

Why do we need this?
I main Chi on a lot of servers and I really enjoy the element! but the fact that you can't heal yourself even though the element is based around the flow of energy and how it keeps your bending active doesn't really make sense to me. I think this would be a fantastic addition to the element.

negative aspects.
For Mend It's drawbacks are fair but unfortunate since a lot of people would be in combat, and for Divert it's a great idea but you might not use it all the time, seeing that chi-blockers usually paralyze benders so they can kill them, not to heal themselves.

positive aspects.
I think chi REALLY needs a healing move, even if it's not these moves its still something to add in the future. I hope you all like my ideas ^-^
some things like this arent shown in the show and i doubt chi would work like that. its simply not canon and i dont see that being feasible for chiblockers
also, you dont have to put it in the same format as Phanatic's

Sorry I thought I mentioned that I was aware this isn't canon, but I did bring up the point chi is the only element without a healing ability, also I had wrote this awhile ago in that font so I just kept it.

Pride

Sorry I thought I mentioned that I was aware this isn't canon, but I did bring up the point chi is the only element without a healing ability, also I had wrote this awhile ago in that font so I just kept it.
if you are aware, then you should know your suggestion would most likely not be accepted

It's based around stopping the flow of energy, but that's as far as it can go. Chi blockers do what their terminology implies: someone that blocks chi. They aren't called a chi bender for a reason. The Chance of developers are accepting is low, because as far I seen they been denying things that are uncanny and doesn't seem to have a logical connection that would hint in theory somebody could do what a suggestion implies in the cartoon/comic's scenaro.

Only element? Officially only waterbending provides an ability to heal individual elements, and the other being, that is a custom one, is for firebending. I haven't seen airbenders and earthbender being granted with such ability to accelarate/induce player's regeneration level.

It's based around stopping the flow of energy, but that's as far as it can go. Chi blockers do what their terminology implies: someone that blocks chi. They aren't called a chi bender for a reason. The Chance of developers are accepting is low, because as far I seen they been denying things that are uncanny and doesn't seem to have a logical connection that would hint in theory somebody could do what a suggestion implies in the cartoon/comic's scenaro.

Only element? Officially only waterbending provides an ability to heal individual elements, and the other being, that is a custom one, is for firebending. I haven't seen airbenders and earthbender being granted with such ability to accelarate/induce player's regeneration level.
Well im not sure if its in the core plugin, but Link lets you heal others. Also just to point out being able to heal the energy that lets you bend in the first place is a better idea than being able to be healed by... water?

Also. If you're talking about the Mend ability yes, healing waters is the only ability that lets you heal others. But for self healing, every element has a self-healing move.

Well im not sure if its in the core plugin, but Link lets you heal others. Also just to point out being able to heal the energy that lets you bend in the first place is a better idea than being able to be healed by... water?
Water has always been the catalyst for healing physical injuries, in particular, wounds.. I would love to hear and be wrong If you can point out an instance where that isn't a case. I dunno what would suggest an avatar could utilize manipulation of energy for healing (in this universe), because producers only gave us some ideas of what it can do, which neither of them would suggest it can be used for healing. Saying that they can without myself knowing an instance that proves or hints it could be possible, I would find that claim a pure speculation, nothing else.