• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Changing the Texture and Shape of Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member
I will let out the angle calculation things, because I do agree it could cause lag for a minor appearance reason.

Stephano The Pebble

Verified Member
Maybe make the ice shapes a bit smaller than it would be perfect! :D I just kinda hate it when I look at a bending arena and its filled with these gigantic bulky ice spheres that glitches into water pools.

6tijn

Verified Member
Maybe make the ice shapes a bit smaller than it would be perfect! :D I just kinda hate it when I look at a bending arena and its filled with these gigantic bulky ice spheres that glitches into water pools.
Well, it's at night. I made the ice how it would look at night (larger size) so the difference is clearer between teh new and the old ice. At day these would be smaller, of course. c:

6tijn

Verified Member
I was thinking: In TLA and TLK waterbenders sometimes reused the ice they created, by letting it melt and use it for something else. Now waterbenders can't do much with the ice they made

Maybe every part of ice created with Torrent could have a a small packed ice core. This would indicate that that is the middle. Maybe then waterbenders could reuse the ice they made by selecting that small core and use it for an other move. All the ice surrounding that block would disappear when you use an other move. Now the only thing you can do with the ice you created is using IceSpike. Example of what I mean: You use Torrent and freeze something. You want to reuse the ice you made so you select that packed ice block in the middle and use it for an other move. All the ice disappears as you reused that block.

But that would maybe have to have its own thread.

orfeas

Verified Member
I was thinking: In TLA and TLK waterbenders sometimes reused the ice they created, by letting it melt and use it for something else. Now waterbenders can't do much with the ice they made

Maybe every part of ice created with Torrent could have a a small packed ice core. This would indicate that that is the middle. Maybe then waterbenders could reuse the ice they made by selecting that small core and use it for an other move. All the ice surrounding that block would disappear when you use an other move. Now the only thing you can do with the ice you created is using IceSpike. Example of what I mean: You use Torrent and freeze something. You want to reuse the ice you made so you select that packed ice block in the middle and use it for an other move. All the ice disappears as you reused that block.

But that would maybe have to have its own thread.
Yeah i think that that should totally be inplimated. I mean is logical and cool

Hero

Verified Member
I like it, ice in the show is never a sphere...I hope it would trap people just as well.

6tijn

Verified Member
I added the packed ice in ice thing to the suggestion. It lost its 'looking into' though. Could someone give it that prefix back? c:

6tijn

Verified Member
Do you all like the idea of adding packed ice to it? I wonder, would this be hard to code, actually?

Status
Not open for further replies.