• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Changing the Texture and Shape of Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member

Giving ice a better texture and shape:

How it looks now: Now, when creating ice with Surge and Torrent, it has a very sphere a-like shape, wich sometimes looks like it's made with WorldEdit (//sphere ice ...) If you watched all chapters of TLA and TLK, you may have notice that when someone gets frozen, the ice is never chaped like a 'sphere'. Now the ice looks kinda boring.

The shapes:

Torrent and Surge would get there own shapes, to add some diversity.

How the ice created by Torrent would look:2014-09-08_19.56.03.png
Because of the new shape it should be easier to climb on, too. With the sphere shaped ones this is sometimes kinda hard.

Surge: left: the new one, right: the current one2014-09-07_17.58.41.png
These Screenshot represent the ice at night. At day these would be smaller, like the current ice created by waterbenders.

This is an example of what I mean:

If you think the textures of the ice should be diffrent, or anything, you can always drop a screenshot how you think it might look better! If you something to add, tell :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
you mean holy Aang or holy Roku. and yes, I do think this is a good idea, and would give it a more realistic look.

6tijn

Verified Member
I do agree it might take long to code the diffrent angles... This can maybe be left out If needed. This suggestion is mainly about giving the ice a less 'boring' look.

Torrent with no angles for example:2014-09-08_19.56.03.png

:)

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
The icesphere of surge sort of makes sense in my mind, I just imagine the wave hitting the opponent then it swirls around them, forming the sphere of ice (sort of the same with torrent).
This would be cool, but I think this might cause lag due to the server calculating all the angles and which shape to create.

6tijn

Verified Member
The icesphere of surge sort of makes sense in my mind, I just imagine the wave hitting the opponent then it swirls around them, forming the sphere of ice (sort of the same with torrent).
This would be cool, but I think this might cause lag due to the server calculating all the angles and which shape to create.
I do agree it might take long to code the diffrent angles... This can maybe be left out If needed. This suggestion is mainly about giving the ice a less 'boring' look.

Torrent with no angles for example:View attachment 94
^^^^^^^^^^

owlcool

Verified Member
What about addin some packed ice to the ice? In TLA and TLK, the ice created by waterbenders is never crystal clear. The percentage of packed ice in regular ice would be like 5-10%
Don't worry, they fixed that by making it compactibal with 1.8. 1.8 sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.