• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bottlebending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
As of now bottle bending makes no sense at all, you make a huge torrent out of a little bottle of water?!? No. In my opinion this is a major flaw in the plugin. Bottle bending should be smaller versions of every single move that are 3 or more blocks of water because it makes no sense. I think it really doesn't matter how many bottles you have the moves should all be this size (down below) is because in the show they couldn't carry 20 water bottles with them.

Surge:
When you shift it will create a 1 width and 2 high water shield in front of you. To retain the shield you must be shifting, and to freeze it left click while still shifting.

Torrent:
To shoot simply left click and 3 blocks of water will follow you wherever you go. To shoot left click this will shoot the water very fast at the target. To "freeze" an entity shift before it hits the target. (This ability is redirectable but will be hard for most benders because it moves so fast.) It will be encased in ice for as long as you hold shift, so you can't trap them in there forever. This ball of ice will not be so large because it a bottle bending move.

Waterspout:
This will allow the bender to move blocks in any direction. Just shift and click in the direction you want to go.

Octopusform:
When shifting it will allow 4 half blocks circle around the bender and knock back any mob or person that hits them. This does to to damage unless punching close to someone.

Waterarms:
The bender would have two half blocks on each side of them. There would be 2 functions.

WaterBoxing- A player can deal a greater damage when punching with this water block in hand than of a regular bare hand punch (if the current ability's config value have a difference for the punch multiability, applied that instead to this punch).

Shifting while having WaterHands sustained, the water blocks will turn into ice.

IceGauntlet- You deal much greater damage than of the liquid glove variation. Shifting again will turn it back into water and so on.

When toggling on the off-hand while having one of these blocks in main hand, this will create another copy of that block to the left hand. Having them in both hands gives the advantage to punch any living creature without a delay, by left clicking than right clicking in a rapid succession.

To deactive ability, simply switch to another slot.

This is not my idea it is Meskenas-chi_blockeris
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Iceblast:
Would stay the same. Just left click.
Watermanipulation:
This move would stay the same, left click like it is now.

Please tell me I missed some moves.

For all moves, except torrent, water arms and waterspout, the water would come back into the bottle.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
I edited this since that other thread got deleted so I just used those ideas for this.

Loony

Verified Member
Agreed. Water moves need to either be weaker with bottles or require more bottles. Looking into!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Waterarms:
The bender would have two half blocks on each side of them. There would be 2 functions.

WaterBoxing- A player can deal a greater damage when punching with this water block in hand than of a regular bare hand punch (if the current ability's config value have a difference for the punch multiability, applied that instead to this punch).

Shifting while having WaterHands sustained, the water blocks will turn into ice.

IceGauntlet- You deal much greater damage than of the liquid glove variation. Shifting again will turn it back into water and so on.

When toggling on the off-hand while having one of these blocks in main hand, this will create another copy of that block to the left hand. Having them in both hands gives the advantage to punch any living creature without a delay, by left clicking than right clicking in a rapid succession.

To deactive ability, simply switch to another slot.
Kewl ^ ^

I still think 6 bottles should form regular waterarms, as for Katara 6 filled waterskins were enough for her to create them during the time right before the solar eclipse event.

Green

Verified Member
It well I don't like the idea of having a bunch of bottles to make a bigger move because it wouldn't have happend in the show and it is unrealistic to carry that many. If you want to make big moves be near water then, that's what I'm saying.

And for me I think making it to where the more bottles the stronger it is would be problematic because then people will want to toggle it and stuff. I would rather have a smaller move out of a bottle being a water bender because it would feel more realistic and the moves would also look different which would be good for a change.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Katara did extraordinary feats with having 6 bottles during the evasion. Not to similar of using the actual fluid body, but she did decend attacks with them.

Green

Verified Member
Ok sorry for bringing this back, but this does need to be implemented because it is the most unrealistic thing in this plugin to have full sized moves with waterbottles.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I agree that waterbending moves should be lessened when using water bottles. I also think you could make the move bigger by using multiple bottles at once. Like click to use 1 bottle or shift to use the full move.

Green

Verified Member
I have said this many times with this stuff. In the show they couldn't carry a lot of water bottles to use a full sized move. They are on land out of there territory, so ya they should have a disadvantage.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Im going to side with @Meskenas-Chi_Blockeris and say they should be able to carry more. The people in the world of Avatar seem to be able to carry a lot more weight than us Americans. Katara was able to have several water skin pouches full with water and move like they weren't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.