• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Trent

Blue fire would be a very cool aspect but like they said...it's very hard/laggy to recreate the particles. However if they were to try different color of fire in general that could also work. Some of the benders from the show did have different colors of fire but it seemed that there were many more firebenders with the red/orange fire.

I don't think you understand the situation that Strange was talking about.. He's saying that the CONSTANT spawning of particles causes the server to be overloaded.
That still doesn't change the fact that you denied my thread with invalid solution: reducing particles won't change. Like Strange said, it won't help. Neither does the command, but you still need to edit your reply so it doesn't like you denied that thread for "no reason".

Constant spawning of particles causes the server to be overloaded? Then/than why does airspout exist, if the constant particles is the big issue here

Last edited:

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
That still doesn't change the fact that you denied my thread with invalid solution: reducing particles won't change. Neither does the command, but you still need to edit your reply so it doesn't like you denied that thread for "no reason".

Constant spawning of particles causes the server to be overloaded? Then/than why does airspout exist, if the constant particles is the big issue here
No, what happens is it floods the network. It has nothing to do with server capacity (although it will have an effect on it, this is not the issue here) but more just makes it so people on lower-end connections lag. I'm sort of passionate about this because I don't have the best connection myself, and I'm not willing to make the plugin experience worse for others who have a "eh" connection (like myself). Although what I just said effect only certain players, this does effect the whole server as well as it means the time that it takes between your minecraft and the server to talk also lengthens.

AirSpout isn't too bad, but it's not great, yes. Things like AirBurst/FireBurst (sphere) are much worse. But those again reiterate why we shouldn't add any more. I know those moves themselves also need this problem addressed to, and that will be done. Just not today. ;)

Let me know if that wasn't clear cause I suck at explain tech stuff lol

No, what happens is it floods the network. It has nothing to do with server capacity (although it will have an effect on it, this is not the issue here) but more just makes it so people on lower-end connections lag. I'm sort of passionate about this because I don't have the best connection myself, and I'm not willing to make the plugin experience worse for others who have a "eh" connection (like myself). Although what I just said effect only certain players, this does effect the whole server as well as it means the time that it takes between your minecraft and the server to talk also lengthens.
You shouldn't have said that. It was un-necessary :p

Just wondering, would it fix this If every player changed their settings? Don't know If you answered that already in your previous post, because I'm not a tech-whiz that understood what you meant by all-you-said :p

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Just wondering, would it fix this If every player changed their settings? Don't know If you answered that already in your previous post, because I'm not a tech-whiz that understood what you meant by all-you-said :p
No, sadly. The server will send you the same amount of particles (which is what creates the lag) but not all of them are shown when you have your settings down.

IStackerI

A few year ago, you could download these different fire block color assets from a texture pack and add them into any texture pack you want. Then you could also download a complete texture pack and it could change you're firebending particles to build fire particles. But I lost the link a while ago.