• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bloodbending Tweak

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastermind71

Verified Member
We all see bloodbending as the "OP cheap ability" and I don't disagree, if used correctly it can be a pain in the ass to deal with. Lets analyze this: Although Bloodbending lets you control mobs and people, the ability itself does not do any damage. It is the damage that CAN be caused that hurts. Such as throwing in lava, drowning, or fall damage. Even still all three can be countered. HeatControl, Waterbubble/Airbuble, FireJet/AirSpout. I think bloodbending should have initial damage when you shift aim at someone or maybe even damage over time. I don't intend like 5 hearts over time I intend someonething like half a heart every second.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I do believe there will be a bloodbending sub-element of water at some point in the future, that of which would add moves that can blind or harm your opponent.

Kwesi

Verified Member
We all see bloodbending as the "OP cheap ability" and I don't disagree, if used correctly it can be a pain in the ass to deal with. Lets analyze this: Although Bloodbending lets you control mobs and people, the ability itself does not do any damage. It is the damage that CAN be caused that hurts. Such as throwing in lava, drowning, or fall damage. Even still all three can be countered. HeatControl, Waterbubble/Airbuble, FireJet/AirSpout. I think bloodbending should have initial damage when you shift aim at someone or maybe even damage over time. I don't intend like 5 hearts over time I intend someonething like half a heart every second.
Adding damage-over-time would cause an absolute uproar in the community. No damage is the one thing that balances out absolute control over a player and that should not be changed. I kind of understand your idea with it, but it doesn't seem anywhere near essential enough to cause consistent damage, nor do I think it would adhere enough to the original effects of bloodbending.

Last edited:

mastermind71

Verified Member
It does have some relation to the original effects. For example past bloodbenders were able to knock people out with ease.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just to make a statement known - 5 bloodbenders were recorded. Just saying.
Bloodbenders:
Hama
Katara
Ukone
Tarlok
Amon (Noahtok)

X_Eco

Verified Member
I understand your point but it would be kinda op.Howerver in an arena you can use them as a shield XD.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I do like this idea, but the damage is too much. I think that, if the bloodbending would do damage, it should be a way to break the concentration of the bloodbender (or not). OR ANOTHER IDEA, it should be also cool if this bloodbending damage could be turned into a combo :3 just saying @PoopMasterPT

Helios

Verified Member
I don't like this. Bloodbending is already really powerful by letting you toss around players, but making this do damage is outrageous...

Kwesi

Verified Member
It does have some relation to the original effects. For example past bloodbenders were able to knock people out with ease.
Yes, it does have some relation, but I don't think it is essential enough and would upset the balance of this ability.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I don't like this. Bloodbending is already really powerful by letting you toss around players, but making this do damage is outrageous...
I agree with you there, fall damage can be avoided but not always, anyway. I can't currently see how adding anymore damage could be a wise thing to do.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Remember how Yakone bloodbent Avatar Aang? he almost get killed. What I also propose is that Bloodbending could have levels, like in the firsts levels you could only bloodbend at night, but in a level higher you could bloodbend at day, and, consequently, take damage

Helios

Verified Member
Remember how Yakone bloodbent Avatar Aang? he almost get killed. What I also propose is that Bloodbending could have levels, like in the firsts levels you could only bloodbend at night, but in a level higher you could bloodbend at day, and, consequently, take damage
But this begs the question, "How would you determine levels?"

mastermind71

Verified Member
I mean I can see how this change can make bloodbending strong but thats the whole point. BLOODBENDERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE STRONG. Its been shown on TV how bloodbenders give victims "pain" when being bended on, but this bloodbending does not give pain its more like being annoying and easily evaded.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I mean I can see how this change can make bloodbending strong but thats the whole point. BLOODBENDERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE STRONG. Its been shown on TV how bloodbenders give victims "pain" when being bended on, but this bloodbending does not give pain its more like being annoying and easily evaded.
I would hardly call it "easily evaded;" it only requires the pressing of shift within a certain distance to secure an absolute grip on a player. Also, if any ability is to be implemented into the game it should have a certain degree of balance. The most I think bloodbending should have is the damage effect without damage, and IF they were to take damage it should be after quite a while and should be very minor. However, I think receiving a slowing effect, which would increase after a while of being bloodebent, should do it just fine.

Zephyrus_Arrow

Verified Member
I would hardly call it "easily evaded;" it only requires the pressing of shift within a certain distance to secure an absolute grip on a player. Also, if any ability is to be implemented into the game it should have a certain degree of balance. The most I think bloodbending should have is the damage effect without damage, and IF they were to take damage it should be after quite a while and should be very minor. However, I think receiving a slowing effect, which would increase after a while of being bloodebent, should do it just fine.
I agree. It's very pesky to deal with in fights. Airbenders can cope with being thrown in the air, or above lava with a simple AirGlide, but still. Making this do damage would make the move WAY too OP, and it would probably force the server admins to give bloodbending to an even smaller handful of people. I believe this ability is fine the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.