• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied BloodBending MultiAbilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Bloodbending needs to have MultiAbility API feature. This binds are listen from the start to the end slot (from left to right). Note that all of them are canon.

1. BloodPuppet - this will work like a pre-existing addon. Nothing else i could talk about it.
2. DoubleBent - this will allow you to levitate to peple at a time, no matter where they are facing. You would need to simply hold shift at your chosen target. After that you then left click it which will lock him in place without him following your cursor (but while STILL holding shift). Then you can leftclick on another target which will cause that target to move along with your cursor while keeping the other player in place (if you haven't still let go of shift in that case). Leftclick again to lock that second target in place. The second one will be levitating and bent for as long you keep your cursor poiting at him. This was demonstrated by Amon on how he bloodbended Mako and Korra at the same time with two hands streched. A secondary function would be of this ability that it will alow you to move around multiple mobs/players at the same by the use of shift, if they are 1 block or less apart from each other, like how wolves were in the show.
3. Control/Possesion (/[name it how you want]) - this will allow you to enter the players body by holding shift.. Change: You will be in your own body, except that you will be able to control the player with WASD keys, including the other ones and mouse functions, while your body is frozen and vulnerable to any instances. You will continue controlling his body as your own until you stop holding shift, which will look like the target you are in will be crouching. This doesn't mean that it will allow you to bent his element(s). However you will be vulnerable in your origin body as you are no longer in control of it. That even includes of getting killed/injured, which will cause you to return to your body. If it's possible, allow the user to stay in his own body while controlling the other one with your keys instead of entering the ones body ti control. Edit: If possible, else - skip this.
4. Stop - This will freeeze the target when clicked on the block you want him to stay. This idea i think was suggested by fly at certain of time that I recall. However this will have a time limitation for how long the player will be frozen in that place. I think this idea was suggested by @Fly. Shift would also allow you to freeze them, but as long as you don't release shift
5. BloodManipulation - This will basically do a same thing as a regular bloodbending does (hold shift to move around, left click to throw).
6. BendingRemove (if the player has bending permission node enabled for this certain ability).
7. BloodGrib
8. BloodShield - it would even allow to redirect ones bloodbent effect like moving or throwing the target to the bloodbender, while still resisting ones bentbent (aka holding shift) and left clicking. An example would be of a player B bloodbending player A. Player B tried intending to throw him away up to sky with bloodmanipulation but player A is ressisting his bloodbending control. Then while the player A one is shifting he then left clicks which throws B one up to the sky how he intented to do with A, without A needing to look up into the sky.
?. The Other clear slots will disables each of these abilities and will return these binds back to regular ones.

If you like this idea, please leave a like on it so I could know that you support it. If you want to criticize or rant it, leave it in comments below.

Additional information
  • Each certain ability can be disabled by switching into another slot.
  • Each ability will have their own independant configurable cooldown found in bloodbending options
If you have ideas for other two free slots (the last empty is just for disabling the all stable ability), plase share them. I will add them if they are to anyones liking :) .

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
My thoughts:
Keep the default BloodBending,
Add BloodPuppet
Add a duel target system to the default BloodBending, perhaps with a specific permission node or only on night or Full Moon I side thought to this would be that you can only bend two people at a time but multiple animals at the same time, like nerfed version of AvatarState enhanced BloodBending

I agree with Taiko on this one
Keep in mind that you are a bloodbender, not a spirit!
A bloodbender can't control the every motion of another person, not to mention that you would gain their view perspective, lose yours, and wouldn't be able to move your own body, and isn't the point of this already a function of BloodPuppet?

Point #4 would also be a problem because it would cause the same issue as a bender who knows chi blocking to paralyze or immobilize the target and then spam moves.

The concept of bloodbending remove would only be needed/used by admins and in which case they can use a command

You don't have to use all the slots btw.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Bloodbending needs to have MultiAbility API feature. This binds are listen from the start to the end slot (from left to right). Note that all of them are canon.

1. BloodPuppet - this will work like a pre-existing addon. Nothing else i could talk about it.
2. DoubleBent - this will allow you to levitate to peple at a time, no matter where they are facing. You would need to simply hold shift at your chosen target. After that you then left click it which will lock him in place without him following your cursor (but while STILL holding shift). Then you can leftclick on another target which will cause that target to move along with your cursor while keeping the other player in place (if you haven't still let go of shift in that case). Leftclick again to lock that second target in place. The second one will be levitating and bent for as long you keep your cursor poiting at it. This was demonstrated by Amon on how he bloodbended Mako and Korra at the same time with two hands streched. A secondary would be of this ability that it will alow you to move around multiple mobs/players at the same by the use of shift, if they are 1 block or less apart from each other, like how wolves were in the show.
3. Control/Possesion (/[name it how you want]) - this will allow you to enter the players body by holding shift. You will continue controlling his body as your own until you stop holding shift, which will look like the target you are in will be crouching. This doesn't mean that it will allow you to bent his element(s). However you will be vulnerable in your origin as you are no longer in control of it. That even includes of getting killed/injured, which will cause you to return to your body.
4. Stop - This will freeeze the target when clicked on the block you want him to stay. This idea i think was suggested by fly at certain of time that I recall.
5. Move&Throw - This will basically do a same thing as a regular bloodbending does (hold shift to move around, left click to throw).
6. BendingRemove (if the player has bending permission node enabled for this certain ability).
?. The Other slots will disables each of these abilities and will return these binds back to regular ones.

If you like this idea, please leave a like on it so I could know that you support it. If you want to criticize or rant it, leave it in comments below.

If you have ideas for other two free slots (the last empty is just for disabling the all stable ability), plase share them. I will add them if they are to anyones liking :) .
The only thing I have a problem with is Slot 3: Control/Possesion. Bloodbenders never gained the ability to access their victim's sight, or even to fully control them- the way how Bloodbenders controlled people wasn't 100% Accurate, and by this, I mean that they couldn't have full control of a person's body- moving their victim's hand wasn't as easy as if you were to move your own hand. (Even Yakone's way of bloodbending to kill Aang weren't swift movements) Overall, I don't find Slot 3 of any use, nor is it completely cannon.
(Also, did you get some inspiration from my FireWhips post? It seems you made this the same day as my post.)

SuperBower118

Verified Member
My thoughts:
Keep the default BloodBending,
Add BloodPuppet
Add a duel target system to the default BloodBending, perhaps with a specific permission node or only on night or Full Moon I side thought to this would be that you can only bend two people at a time but multiple animals at the same time, like nerfed version of AvatarState enhanced BloodBending

I agree with Taiko on this one A bloodbender can't control the every motion of another person, not to mention that you would gain their view perspective, lose yours, and wouldn't be able to move your own body, and isn't the point of this already a function of BloodPuppet?

Point #4 would also be a problem because it would cause the same issue as a bender who knows chi blocking to paralyze or immobilize the target and then spam moves.

The concept of bloodbending remove would only be needed/used by admins and in which case they can use a command

You don't have to use all the slots btw.
I disagree with you on what you said about Bloodbending remove- I can see used as a potential possibility on arena servers- since on most servers Bloodbending is a donor move, this could be (I hate to say it) like chi-blocking, but the effects of being not able to bend being greatly longer. That being said, I think it should also be in the confiq of how long Bending remove should last. Another thing I disagree on is what you said about Point #4. While it may be cheap, when you're being bloodbent, you're already at the mercy of being drowned, burnt, or being thrown up in the air, not to mention being attacked by other people. If server owners find it cheap, then I think it should be an option to disable certain bloodbending features in the MultiAbility. Keep in mind also, that when you activate the API, anytime you go to a slot that isn't a bloodbending move, (according to HydroMan) it would stop the move completely. I also believe that if you scroll out of the Freeze Slot, (Slot 4) then the Freeze effect will stop.

Hero

Verified Member
The only thing I have a problem with is Slot 3: Control/Possesion. Bloodbenders never gained the ability to access their victim's sight, or even to fully control them- the way how Bloodbenders controlled people wasn't 100% Accurate, and by this, I mean that they couldn't have full control of a person's body- moving their victim's hand wasn't as easy as if you were to move your own hand. (Even Yakone's way of bloodbending to kill Aang weren't swift movements) Overall, I don't find Slot 3 of any use, nor is it completely cannon.
(Also, did you get some inspiration from my FireWhips post? It seems you made this the same day as my post.)
Katara is the only waterbender who bloodbends in a swift, graceful motion.

HydroMan

Verified Member
@Pickle9775, If bloodbenders wouldn't be able to control every motion, then how come Hama cause Sokka to walk without him levitating?

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
I can had blindness effect for the user who controls the body with "control", while the target sees clearly, but whats the point would be if he can't see what he is doing? Maybe if it is possible, the user could be set to third person view, to add that realism. I'll ask you to rewatch the scene in HamavsKatara scene. Then you'lll understand where im getting at. Also firewhip did inspired me to make this, but i was thinking about it quite along time before yours. I couldn't even sleep at the time because thinking about, so i took the phone and made this suggestion at 04 am.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Also if it is possible it, then there should be used this thing instead for "Control"; controlling targets body while staying in yours without entering, with w;a;s;d keys and others. However you wouldn't be able to move yours unless to switch to another slot.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Editted the post with 3# #4 and #6 slot, and added the "Additional information:" temple

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.