• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Big changes to air to match the show more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machi

Verified Member
Hello, this will incorporate multiple things that can change air combat to what it seems to be when viewed watching the shows themselves.

Airblast: Airblast is the primary function of air, and I think it is long since time that we move forward from it being the high mobility for air. My suggestion is to remove the ability to use airblast on the user. This has been a long standing issue and has resulted in airbenders being able to fly using certain methods to use the move midair. The only airbenders that should have limitless flight such as this are those with the actual flight move!

On top of this, I feel that in place airblast should cancel out moves and travel faster by default. It should do stern knockback and have easy thresholds for velocity to be enacted upon. Airblast is supposed to be a major forward move in defense and pushing, not a method for airbenders to fly!

Airscooter: I personally feel that airscooter should actually be able to go up and down hills. Aang was shown to be able to use this move to even go straight up vertical walls and move around them. I don't think it is far fetched to say that they should be able to scooter more liberally!

Airswipe: I feel this should do more knockback, as it is air at a strength capable of slicing through solid objects. As it is currently, the move doesn't really push the opponent around, and results in airbenders being able to simply bounce around players and continue to whack them while they stand still.

Airshield: Airshield click function is already suggested, so I'll just reinstate it here. Air should have high defensive ability to block moves quickly!
-----
New move to compensate:

there are a few names that could be given here: Airjump, Propulsion, whatever you feel the need to call it!

Airbenders in the show were shown to be capable of quick short dodges, not high speed jetting around! I suggest this to replace the function of airblast currently and succeed in balancing things out where airblast has failed. This move would work similar to catapult in usage. It would jet you in the direction you clicked while touching the ground at a moderate distance to be able to dodge the majority of ranged attacks.

Unlike catapult, however, this move would not need a degree of angle to click, simply look a direction and click and you would be propelled that direction. This move would have about the same cooldown as airblast currently has.

The following additions to the suggestion for this move are more open to debate:

I am recommending that it be possible to use the move a single time midair after launching off of the ground. Assuming the strength of the jump were not too high, this would mean the move would allow the airbender to redirect themselves midair a small distance in order to dodge ranged attacks that might hit them.

In addition to this, when and airbender airjumps into somebody, I feel it should work like a sort of tackle, knocking back the opponent and possibly doing 1/2 heart damage at the same time (slamming into people on a cooldown to prevent people from just jumping around and slamming into people until they die)
----

That's it! Any or all of these suggestions would be greatly appreciated if implemented, and are entirely open to debate here! Thank you for your time, I hope to see more air fun soon ^-^

Green

Verified Member
I do agree to get rid of airblast, being an air bender myself I think it is to op. OH HE DID NOT JUST GO THERE! Yes it is way to op, I mean being able to go that far of a distance with a shift and click is just insane. AND it is way to slow for any air bender to actually use to fight.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I like the AirSwipe change you are implying there. It definitely needs some kind of penalty to stop spamers from using and rethink how to use airbending in a defensive approach.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
A lot of the editing you described is completely editable in the plugins configuration file. For airblast you can define it's blasting power, cooldown, etc. For AirSwipe you can define it's cooldown, arc length, knockback, damage, range, etc. A lot of this are up to server owners and developers rather than the Project Korra developers. They have already supplied the server owners with what they need to make this happen. I do, however, agree with your opinion. And I like the added move you have described.

Machi

Verified Member
I'm not suggesting that airblast be configured that way, it has the minute delay of shift and click, which I don't feel airbenders in the show had the issue of having to perform. I am suggesting a move to quickly jump and dodge for them and airblast to become what it is seen as in the show, a blocking and pushing method.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
If feel the air benders in the show didn't really use and air blast for themselves that often. They mainly used it for pushing other people, rather than themselves. We generally see an airbender running, jumping, and doing flips and such. And maybe use the "air jump" occasionally. Like in the episode when all the new air benders were being trained and they had to climb the cliff using a smaller version of an air jump. I can't recall a time when an airbender used a move like our air blast to blast them selves somewhere to be honest.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I agree with most of the points here (especially since I think air, along with all of the other elements need a rework) expect airswipe idea. Airswipe at the moment, is actually a pretty powerful move. It has a wide radius which means that it doesn't take as much aiming as lets say, fireblast. And now with airswipe knocking you back, it not only is spammable and can easily hit you, but you also get knocked back, which can be crucial to firebenders if they get launched, or to waterbender wanting to go back to the land. If Airswipe gets more knockback, I expect some moves to overpower it.

Other than that, I do agree with the basis of what you're saying, and in fact, I've conceptualized my own little airbending rework. (I haven't posted it) Perhaps in a conversation we can synthesis ideas?

Sshawarma

Verified Member
If feel the air benders in the show didn't really use and air blast for themselves that often. They mainly used it for pushing other people, rather than themselves. We generally see an airbender running, jumping, and doing flips and such. And maybe use the "air jump" occasionally. Like in the episode when all the new air benders were being trained and they had to climb the cliff using a smaller version of an air jump. I can't recall a time when an airbender used a move like our air blast to blast them selves somewhere to be honest.
Every time i look at ur profile pic, its so cute :D :/

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Airshield: Airshield click function is already suggested, so I'll just reinstate it here. Air should have high defensive ability to block moves quickly!
I wish there was a Aang's type of shield, like how he displayed it to us in the Crystal Catacombs:

Left click and turn around to create a 360* rotated torrent-type shield that dissipates in 2 seconds; when a projectile hits it the user will be knockback backwards at were it approached at and the user will be left unarmed by the attack.

Skip from 0:28 to 0:30.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.