• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Air Burst Change! (please read)

TFORTNT

Verified Member
Off topic, but for starters, can you like not put "(please read!)" on the title? It makes me not want to read it.

Back to the topic at hand here,
Truth be told, Meskenas' suggestion is a bit more smooth. Velocity + Mobility = Charge Up.
To be completely honest, due to our backstory, i think that's considered a good thing

TFORTNT

Verified Member
Just talked with Loony right now, and it made a good point why that's not practical. I agree with him. It will be hard since once running in circles/square, you'll have to heavily rely on your intuition to not get hit since you'r POV/camera will be facing away from your opponent, so it leaves you vulnerable for having hard time predicting attack from behind without spotting 'em. Unless the square/circle limit get remove, although still not sure if that solve the issue. Another solution is to add blocking/shield trial (as shown by the gif), but that may make it the technique more overpowered than necessary.
I don't think you should run in circles, more of just get a running start...still wayyyyy better than sitting there for 10 seconds straight waiting for the move. I still say that it should be a click and cool down but for what it is right now, anything is better. Air burst currently sucks!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah. Doing a run-up towards your opponents would work well over doing a circle. Though, I wouldn't mind for a simple click either. I agree that airburst-cone sucks rn that requires rooting to the ground.

TFORTNT

Verified Member
Airburst is far from useless. It causes distraction and is used in the combo airsweep. I always have it equiped as air

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D722 met Tapatalk

Edit: try falling from high with it. Itll surprice you if your not aware of that being a thing
Air Burst may be used in the combo air sweep, but we are looking at the move itself. It takes too long to charge for funnel burst and gets you killed in most fights. I know you have it equipped at all times but not many people do.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Why would you even need to use airburst in a fight, other than the need of it for airsweep
Airburst is extremely useful in fights.

I typically see the falling version more often. Where if you fall from a specific height, a burst will form around you pushing players or other entities away.

BUT! If you want a double effective burst: While you're falling, hold shift with air burst. When you hit the ground, it'll do the normal burst but then if anyone evaded it, you can click to shoot off the cone burst. Generally you'll see chi blockers evading the fall air burst with High Jump.

Then there's always the air sweep use.

TFORTNT

Verified Member
Why would you even need to use airburst in a fight, other than the need of it for airsweep
That's actually proving my point, air burst is useless as an actual move...Well technically useless. That's why I'm saying we need to change it. If your asking in why would you even use it as if you already had it charged, well air blast is good but doesn't push them nearly as far, air burst is good for distance. You can air burst someone into a wall and they will take the Kenetic damage from being knocked into the wall. Or it can give you cover time to evade and plan your next Attack.

TFORTNT

Verified Member
So you're just gonna ignore the points I made?

Not really much of a debate when you're ignoring the opposition and using bias as your argument.
Oh, I didn't even see your reply, sorry. I just went straight to the reply button from my email that I got on his comment.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This would leave airblast pointless or even never used, because it's not dominant. Not sure if that's a good or not, because this suggestion doesn't really introduce anything to new to the game than just "ok we have x, let's have Y like X but a lot stronger).

To make much clearer, either sacrifise air blast by removing it (whilst sneak might be vital, the devs might be planning on removing it, so whatsover it gets lost anyways) , or buff air blast like in your suggestion. One of the duplicates have to get rid of when buffing one of those stuff.

TFORTNT

Verified Member
This would leave airblast pointless or even never used, because it's not dominant. Not sure if that's a good or not, because this suggestion doesn't really introduce anything to new to the game than just "ok we have x, let's have Y like X but a lot stronger).

To make much clearer, either sacrifise air blast by removing it (whilst sneak might be vital, the devs might be planning on removing it, so whatsover it gets lost anyways) , or buff air blast like in your suggestion.
Not exactly, air blast can be used in rapid succession, air burst should have a big cool down, so that you don't have to root your self to the ground just to use it as air is all about mobility.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Not exactly, air blast can be used in rapid succession, air burst should have a big cool down, so that you don't have to root your self to the ground just to use it as air is all about mobility.
Airblast like Airburst has a cooldown, so some servers don't have it accessible in rapid succession.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It's practically useless and gets you killed in most fights.
This argument is simply a personal problem. I can use AirBurst in any way possible by using AirBlast to go high in the air then charging it in the air. This is just about skill.

Having the ability just a click with a longer cooldown also doesnt really make sense. The only point you'd have for this is to make it easier to use (which is equivalent to making something more OP). The click is was to easy for a move like this, it doesn't simulate motions seen in the show (we often saw more motions depending on the action, airburst is a big action which would require more motion), and it's honestly sort of bland.

I see in the why you included "it's extremely useless" which I also gave reason why that's false. And another point you made is that it gets you killed, which I also said is about skill, not the ability.

If you make this a click to push people away, it's just gonna be a more spontaneous version of airblast.

And by the way, saying you'll leave if this doesn't get added isn't a good way to help your argument.

TFORTNT

Verified Member
Airblast like Airburst has a cooldown, so some servers don't have it accessible in rapid succession.
The servers I play on which is like 5 servers all have air blast in rapid succession, that's why I'm giving the benefit of the doubt on airblast.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
The servers I play on which is like 5 servers all have air blast in rapid succession, that's why I'm giving the benefit of the doubt on airblast.
Yes it's true that most servers are going to keep the default; but I've seen it other ways before.

And really think about this.... You have one move that you can click and push people back with little to no cool down. Then you have a move that does almost the exact same thing but has a 10 second cooldown. Which one would you bind and actually use?

TFORTNT

Verified Member
This argument is simply a personal problem. I can use AirBurst in any way possible by using AirBlast to go high in the air then charging it in the air. This is just about skill.

Having the ability just a click with a longer cooldown also doesnt really make sense. The only point you'd have for this is to make it easier to use (which is equivalent to making something more OP). The click is was to easy for a move like this, it doesn't simulate motions seen in the show (we often saw more motions depending on the action, airburst is a big action which would require more motion), and it's honestly sort of bland.

I see in the why you included "it's extremely useless" which I also gave reason why that's false. And another point you made is that it gets you killed, which I also said is about skill, not the ability.

If you make this a click to push people away, it's just gonna be a more spontaneous version of airblast.

And by the way, saying you'll leave if this doesn't get added isn't a good way to help your argument.
I don't at all use air burst and not many people on the servers I play on use it either, so that's why I'm kind of looking at it from a stand point of the actual move instead of the ways people use it. When I do use it, I air blast into the air and land with it on, charging it in the air though reduces the amount of movement you have. I always like to land generally close to my opponent so that they get knocked back really far

TFORTNT

Verified Member
Yes it's true that most servers are going to keep the default; but I've seen it other ways before.

And really think about this.... You have one move that you can click and push people back with little to no cool down. Then you have a move that does almost the exact same thing but has a 10 second cooldown. Which one would you bind and actually use?
Air burst can knock you back more and has a wider range hence the cool down. They each would have their strengths and weaknesses.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Air burst can knock you back more and has a wider range hence the cool down. They each would have their strengths and weaknesses.
Why not just remove airburst and add that to AirBlast? They still do the same exact thing, only difference is the size.

I'll tell you right now, they've denied moves because they're too similar to something in frozen, because it was too similar to something that was already in the plugin, and because they flat out didn't like it. I doubt this would happen.

TFORTNT

Verified Member
Why not just remove airburst and add that to AirBlast? They still do the same exact thing, only difference is the size.

I'll tell you right now, they've denied moves because they're too similar to something in frozen, because it was too similar to something that was already in the plugin, and because they flat out didn't like it. I doubt this would happen.
Ok, this might not happen, this might not ever even be Braught up but I'll tell you one thing, this airburst change idea might not be the change I'm looking for but at the very least it will bring in some attention that air burst in some way needs a change. Now please stop replying to this because this is the end of the conversation, don't take this in a way of that I just don't care about your suggestions... I do. Although I'm on vacation and have no computer so I'm typing this all on my phone. My fingers are starting to hurt xD no joke.