• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Air Burst Change! (please read)

TFORTNT

Verified Member
After air bubble was removed, I had to change one of my move slots to make up for it. I soon later figured out that no move actually was fitting in for the lost spot but I did find Air burst. Air burst is almost never used do to how much mobility you loose and the time taken to charge it up. It's practically useless and gets you killed in most fights. That's when I made up the suggestion for air gust but instead, someone told me about changing the funnel burst on air burst to a cool down instead of holding shift. If you think about it, you hold shift and click and you get funnel burst, but for the same amount, you can release shift and get a much better move. Funnel burst should be a long cool down about 10 seconds or more. If you can do that, you guys are the best and thank you!

ability:funnel burst

how: instead of holding shift and clicking, have it a cool down for 10 seconds or more and all you need to do is click and wait for it to reload.

why: I love air and that's my only element that I use but air burst is extremely useless as it only gets you killed do to the waiting for shift. by the time you have it ready, you would have already died.

Now I know what you're thinking, "why don't you just air jump into the air and land with it on?". Because that goes all around you and I don't want to annoy the people around me and sometimes I only want to get a little group of people in front of me. If this change doesn't happen, I don't think I will play on the project korra server do to lack of moves. air jump hasn't been added in yet I don't think, flight won't be available to normal players (although I probably would buy the ranks if I were to join the server), air breath is an extension of Jed core which means it probably wont be added in, and air bubble was removed. Air is seriously weak right now and no matter what suggestion I make, people call it bad or too op. That's all!

43v3rusa

! agree 100% even though I'm a water bender, I think air is a weak element and it needs to be buffed

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
What would be great If Airburst-cone ability instead of holding to sneak, it required to do a running. What I mean is, as you're running in a circle/square for certain amount of time, air burst happens:

Allows airbenders send powerfull attack, whilst mainting their quick and agile mobility. It fits the theme.

(And no, concept designers - I'm not regusuggesting airwake concept or same particles. It just coincidentally happens to be in this gif). Having to charge and stand on ground "rooted" just contradicts airbending principle. And I'm talking about cone/funnel/blast attack, not the omnidirectional attack. The 360 Ball would still require rooting, but not cone.

Last edited:

Pride

Verified Member
Off topic, but for starters, can you like not put "(please read!)" on the title? It makes me not want to read it.

Back to the topic at hand here,
Truth be told, Meskenas' suggestion is a bit more smooth. Velocity + Mobility = Charge Up.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Thank you. We finally agree for something. Airbending needs to get something that would encourage them to build momentum of their body, instead of only dodging for ages and not making an attack. AirBurst-cone's chargetime just does the opposite: discourages 'em!

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
What would be great If Airburst-cone ability instead of holding to sneak, it required to do a running. What I mean is, as you're running in a circle/square for certain amount of time, air burst happens:

Allows airbenders send powerfull attack, whilst mainting their quick and agile mobility. It fits the theme.

(And no, concept designers - I'm not regusuggesting airwake concept or same particles. It just coincidentally happens to be in this gif). Having to charge and stand on ground "rooted" just contradicts airbending principle. And I'm talking about cone/funnel/blast attack, not the omnidirectional attack. The 360 Ball would still require rooting, but not cone.
You got me with the Running + Airbending and that makes me think on why isn't it a thing yet.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You got me with the Running + Airbending and that makes me think on why isn't it a thing yet.
Just talked with Loony right now, and it made a good point why that's not practical. I agree with him. It will be hard since once running in circles/square, you'll have to heavily rely on your intuition to not get hit since you'r POV/camera will be facing away from your opponent, so it leaves you vulnerable for having hard time predicting attack from behind without spotting 'em. Unless the square/circle limit get remove, although still not sure if that solve the issue. Another solution is to add blocking/shield trial (as shown by the gif), but that may make it the technique more overpowered than necessary.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just talked with Loony right now, and it made a good point why that's not practical. I agree with him. It will be hard since once running in circles/square, you'll have to heavily rely on your intuition to not get hit since you'r POV/camera will be facing away from your opponent, so it leaves you vulnerable for having hard time predicting attack from behind without spotting 'em. Unless the square/circle limit get remove, although still not sure if that solve the issue. Another solution is to add blocking/shield trial (as shown by the gif), but that may make it the technique more overpowered than necessary.
Cough bend in third person cough

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Not talking about circles, though, just running from A to B, gaining momentum.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
***I*** bend in third person so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that would be my solution to that problem.
No offense, but your solution sucks. Your forcing others to switch to third person view, which you prefer. Also, third person isn't even a norm. Magority just use 1st person.

Pride

Verified Member
No offense, but your solution sucks. Your forcing others to switch to third person view, which you prefer. Also, third person isn't even a norm. Magority just use 1st person.
Well. I know some other people who play in third person.
There's even an Airbender I know that plays in third person. And he's pretty much one of the better Airbenders in that server.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
We did talked about it, where I resuggested to expand it onto AirBurst. Long time ago, but that was denied too, lol. Although I think I was focusing on aesthetics (to make humanoid-lookin-construct) rather on fundamental functions, which what lead to it getting rejected.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

FirePro7860

Verified Member
Airburst is far from useless. It causes distraction and is used in the combo airsweep. I always have it equiped as air

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D722 met Tapatalk

Edit: try falling from high with it. Itll surprice you if your not aware of that being a thing