• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

2 Benders, 2 Different Elements, Endless Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Verified Member
Gonna reiterate why I don't think this should or will be added to core, and this time try to be more clear and provide more in-depth answers

First of all, too many of these for the project to add, if we just threw in abilities to core like this wed have too many to count (Lots of bugs and lag, just a pain to fix and update) and that might cause inconvenience to other parts of the plugin, maybe if an API is developed add-on moves like this can be made. (Its also already hard enough as it is to add moves into Core)

Second, this hasn't been deemed possible yet (even though it very well is)

Third, lots of these moves and names are non canon and aren't advanced enough, just another bulwark againsed the enemy, no features to make these usefull otherwise. I know from my experience I want to feel like I'm in control of my element, not limited to combat or by the moves
I hope I did a justice

-Matt

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Gonna reiterate why I don't think this should or will be added to core, and this time try to be more clear and provide more in-depth answers

First of all, too many of these for the project to add, if we just threw in abilities to core like this wed have too many to count (Lots of bugs and lag, just a pain to fix and update) and that might cause inconvenience to other parts of the plugin, maybe if an API is developed add-on moves like this can be made. (Its also already hard enough as it is to add moves into Core)

Second, this hasn't been deemed possible yet (even though it very well is)

Third, lots of these moves and names are non canon and aren't advanced enough, just another bulwark againsed the enemy, no features to make these usefull otherwise. I know from my experience I want to feel like I'm in control of my element, not limited to combat or by the moves
I hope I did a justice

-Matt
First of all, the moves that were suggested on the thread don't NEED to be added, @Janny just suggested them as some potential ideas. My point is, the moves are not the main part of the suggestion.

Second, you contradicted yourself- if YOU say that it's possible, then unless you're wrong, then all this needs is OFFICIAL confirmation that this is possible.

Third, as I stated before, the moves suggested are NOT the main feature of the thread. And as I stated in another post, it's pretty hard for two different benders' moves to compliment each other, effectively creating a utility move. And even if they aren't canon, a good majority of these moves would be possible by two benders. (For Rings of Saturn to be possible, the airshield would have to be moving at an incredibly fast rate for it to break up the earthgrab)
I hope that you revise your points on why that this concept shouldn't be added.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
Water + Earth + Fire

Ultimate Stream / Moves used: Torrent, EarthSmash, and Lightning
Description: The EarthBender would have to raise an EarthSmash Boulder and keep control of it. The waterbender would then have to shoot the torrent DIRECTLY through the center of the EarthSmash. The stream would then have brown redstone particles going through it. At any time after the stream has been shot, the Firebending can zap the stream with Lightning. The resulting stream does 4.5 hearts, along with MASSIVE knockback
Cooldown: 12 seconds
I don't think mud can conduct electricity...I mean, generally what you are saying is muddy water can conduct electricity, which it can't :(

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I don't think mud can conduct electricity...I mean, generally what you are saying is muddy water can conduct electricity, which it can't :(
I'm not saying for the water to turn into mud- I'm saying for the water to pick up the rocks and bring it along with the stream. And it IS canon for waterstreams to carry rocks in them.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
I'm not saying for the water to turn into mud- I'm saying for the water to pick up the rocks and bring it along with the stream. And it IS canon for waterstreams to carry rocks in them.
Canon and reality are two different things, and okay if it doesn't make mud then alright, the water will still be dirty though. Maybe change that earthsmash into earthblast and that should be better.

Janny

Verified Member
First of all, the moves that were suggested on the thread don't NEED to be added, @Janny just suggested them as some potential ideas. My point is, the moves are not the main part of the suggestion.

Second, you contradicted yourself- if YOU say that it's possible, then unless you're wrong, then all this needs is OFFICIAL confirmation that this is possible.

Third, as I stated before, the moves suggested are NOT the main feature of the thread. And as I stated in another post, it's pretty hard for two different benders' moves to compliment each other, effectively creating a utility move. And even if they aren't canon, a good majority of these moves would be possible by two benders. (For Rings of Saturn to be possible, the airshield would have to be moving at an incredibly fast rate for it to break up the earthgrab)
Are people really still arguing over why I put those suggestions after I have clearly stated that they don't need to use mines? -_-

Matt

Verified Member

As I said, I'm (quite) sure this is possible, but we don't really know yet. If the moves aren't the main part of the suggestion then this has already been suggested multiple times and should be locked

SuperBower118

Verified Member
As I said, I'm (quite) sure this is possible, but we don't really know yet. If the moves aren't the main part of the suggestion then this has already been suggested multiple times and should be locked
Can you please include a link to these alternative posts? Because I cannot find them. If you're talking about Easte's Team Moves thread, then that is regarding two benders of the same bending type. This is regarding benders of different bending types.

Matt

Verified Member
Not sure if I can find a link, but I will try.
But I know I’ve heard this somewhere before.

Status
Not open for further replies.