• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

2 Benders, 2 Different Elements, Endless Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
Agreed. Pointless.
Not pointless, some of those moves would be amazing for this. *cough* Rings of Saturn *cough* They don't HAVE to be used. They CAN be used if you want but if you think they are dumb, I wont stop you. Keep coming with more suggestions guys!

promancer

Verified Member
Then why include them?
Team moves have already been suggested.
To link multiple ideas together in a neatly packed thread. Refining old ideas is a good thing, all he did was take previous ideas and suggest them in a way that would benefit the plugin better, even though @Janny didnt give credit to the original idea creator.

HydroMan

Verified Member
@HydroMan I wanna hear u opinion <3
Kinda disapointed that you tagged me last (almost) and you didn't listed me along with others, but whatevzs.

To the all idea having this concept in a game I have still thoughts if it is a good thing or bad. So I'll skip this and go straight to this main moves/combos or whatever you wanna call them.

Verified Member
OK so here is my suggestion

water+air
frozen wind barrage/ uses 3 benders 2 water 1 air (tornado, frost breath and ice spikes)

description: fist the air bender would make the tornado then the water bender would use frost breath on the tornado causing a horizontal wind tunnel with snow particles that has a range of 20 blocks and is shaped like a long cone that will change the ground to ice and if the last water bender joined in with ice spikes and left clicks on the ice a large wave of ice spikes slightly angled with the direction of the wind. this in its first state (only the wind and ice) would push any thing caught in it and slow them but once they reach the end of the sheet of ice there feet will be frozen in place but this dose not cause damage. (the ice spikes would do regular ice spike damage for every hit)

Sorin

Verified Member
This is possible, you would just have to make a check if a move is hitting within a certain area of the "combos" instance, but It isn't possible to use custom moves, as far as i'm aware of.

Matt

Verified Member
This sounds cool, speaking for myself and my own opinion here I think this is a longshot off from being added to the plugin tho
-<3 Matt

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I think it would make sense if benders just merged together and do a more powerful version of current abilites. Like, I've only seen Airbenders merging to make a bigger tornado. And by the way, "teaming with benders" and "merging benders to make new abilities" are different.

Janny

Verified Member
I think it would make sense if benders just merged together and do a more powerful version of current abilites. Like, I've only seen Airbenders merging to make a bigger tornado. And by the way, "teaming with benders" and "merging benders to make new abilities" are different.
Just because you've ONLY seen airbenders team to make a bigger tornado, doesn't mean you cant do other sorts of team air combo.

Matt

Verified Member
Give pointers on how to improve?
First of all, I’d say there are WAY too many of these abilities and the names aren't exactly "suiting", these abilities tend to only have one use so we don't get the most out of them either

I would also say make them less combat oriented and more utility based and bendable so it feels like you are bending the elements not just throwing them like objects as a bulwark against the enemy

HydroMan

Verified Member
- Spiraling Frostbite:
I like that one.
- Rings of Saturn:
I do not support EarthGrab ability on how uncanny it is, so I can't say much about your idea except I like of its creativity you have made.
- IceSmash:
Nice
- Steamblast:
How about instead of whip, the firebender must stay in the torrenting ring, near the waterbender, then when the waterbender releases sneak and causes the wave the firebender from within the circle could use fireburst ,to make the radius (the size of the expanded torrent wave) full of particles, blinding everyone in that radius. The steam would continue to expand after turning from water state, and it will end/stop at the same length of a torrent wave.
- TerraBarrage:
Kinda nifty. I like it
- ElementalBlast:
Everything is okay, except I don't get the part why does the projectile must follow the airbender cursor. I think after shooting all 4 projectiles into a single point, in that point the aim should be locked and in that point the main projectile will follow into a straight line, not allowing any bender to change its course.

Janny

Verified Member
First of all, I’d say there are WAY too many of these abilities and the names aren't exactly "suiting", these abilities tend to only have one use so we don't get the most out of them either

I would also say make them less combat oriented and more utility based and bendable so it feels like you are bending the elements not just throwing them like objects as a bulwark against the enemy
I swear... if you are talking about the abilities I suggested for this... YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THE ONES I PUT! If you want to, you can, but if you don't, then don't frickin use them and use the ones OTHER people suggest! I am suggesting a concept, the combos are just there to see if you guys think they are good FOR the concept and if you don't think so, then use the ones people are suggesting down in the replies!

SuperBower118

Verified Member

I don't see how there are too many abilities- it adds more variation to team fights. If there was only one combination ability for each conceivable group of elements, I can see the combination getting bland if nothing is added...
I don't see how multibenders can combine their attacks to make it a useful utility ability either... If you have any ideas, then share them.

Janny

Verified Member
I don't see how there are too many abilities- it adds more variation to team fights. If there was only one combination ability for each conceivable group of elements, I can see the combination getting bland if nothing is added...
I don't see how multibenders can combine their attacks to make it a useful utility ability either... If you have any ideas, then share them.
<3

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I swear... if you are talking about the abilities I suggested for this... YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THE ONES I PUT! If you want to, you can, but if you don't, then don't frickin use them and use the ones OTHER people suggest! I am suggesting a concept, the combos are just there to see if you guys think they are good FOR the concept and if you don't think so, then use the ones people are suggesting down in the replies!
That's what I've been saying. This has already been suggested, the concept; the only difference is you added your own abilities WHICH you said wouldn't mind if they don't get added. So technically it's the same suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.