• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

2 Benders, 2 Different Elements, Endless Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
(Let me make this clear: I am not stealing off of Easte's (or Loony's) "Team Bending" thread. HIS idea uses 2 people of the same element, while mines uses 2 and or 4 people of different elements.)

This is basically 2 people with 2 different elements helping eachother in bending making Elemental combos without the need of an Avatar.

What?

The idea is that 2 benders with different elements would be able to use their bending together. Such as making combos together like that airblast and fireblast thing Aang used in the last episode on ATLA. And things like Torrent (whip) shot with lightning being able to make it an electrified torrent.

Why?

I feel as though like bending by yourself can get a bit boring at times. And also 2 v 2s usually end up 1 team killing the other teammate. Also this would be GREAT for Team Tournaments.

How?

Well first off, to avoid any accidental usage of this concept of bending, a player will be able to use a command such as /pk team add (user). This command will have a cooldown to avoid people spamming others to team. (Also there should be /pk team toggle to stop annoying players) Once a player is part of your team, you will be able to use your bending together as one.

Moves (You can suggest more in the comments)

Air + Water:

- Spiraling Frostbite / Moves used: Airblast and Iceblast.
Description: A water bender first fires an iceblast and then an airbender uses airblast on the iceblast, making the 2 blasts spiraling each other doing airblast knockback, and damage from iceblast. (Cooldown of about 3-5 seconds)

Base Damage: 2-3 Hearts
Range: Same range as an airblast

Air + Earth

- Rings of Saturn / Moves used: AirShield, and EarthGrab.
Description: An earthbender uses EarthGrab on an airbender, then the airbender uses AirShield while inside the EarthGrab, and then the EarthGrab disappears a 1 or 3 block tall RING of air particles mixed with dirt particles rotates clockwise around the airbender and earthbender. But if the 2 benders go too far away from each other. Anything that gets near it gets knockbacked and and slightly damaged. (Cooldown of about 10-30 seconds)

Base Damage: About half a heart - 1 heart and a half if you touch the ring.

Air + Fire:

- AeroInferno / Moves used: Airburst and FireBurst.
Description: If an airbender a uses airburst and then a firebender uses fireburst on the airburst, the size and range of the burst will be increase by 2 and will have a mixture of air and fire particles doing knockback, damage, and fire tick damage. (Cooldown of about 5-10 seconds)

Base Damage: 2-4 hearts + Fire Tick
Range: Same range as an AirBurst

Water + Earth:

- IceSmash / Moves used: Torrent (Whip Freeze) and EarthSmash:
Description: First an earthbender must use earthsmash, afterwards, a waterbender uses Torrent (whip) and freezes the EarthSmash. Then, either one of the benders can control the rock and throw it. But, if both benders look at the frozen rock, both of them hold shift looking at it, and both click, the frozen rock will go twice as far and will do twice the damage. (Cooldown of about 5-10 seconds)

Base Damage: A bit higher than EarthSmash
Range: The range of EarthSmash

Water + Fire:

- Steamblast / Moves used: Torrent (Whip) and Fireblast (Charged):
Description: First, a waterbender must shoot a torrent (whip), then, if a firebender uses charged fireblast on the torrent whip, the both will turn into one, medium sized, blast of A LOT of air particles that will do knockback, blindness, and a tiny bit of health. (Cooldown of about 5-10)

Base Damage: Half a heart - 1 heart
Range: Range of an airblast
Blindess Duration: 3-10 Seconds

Fire + Earth:

- TerraBarrage / Moves used: Wall of Fire and Earthblast:
Description: First, a firebender must use Wall of Fire, then an earthbender can spam shoot earthblasts at the Wall of Fire, setting the rock on fire, and increasing the damage. (Works until Wall of Fire is on cooldown)

Base Damage: A bit higher than earthblast + Fire Tick
Range: Same as an earthblast

Air + Water + Earth + Fire:

- ElementalBlast / Moves used: Airblast, Torrent (Whip), Earthblast, and Fireblast:
Discription: (The combo must be done in the cycle of the elements, Air, Water, Earth, and Fire.) All 4 of the benders must shoot their elements' signature move at a single point. Once done, a blast of spiraling air particles, rain particles, dirt particles, and fire particles will fire in the direction the airbender is looking at. (Cooldown is about 10-30 seconds)

Base Damage: 3-6 Hearts + Fire Tick
Range: A little bit farther than an airblast

PLEASE SUGGEST MORE MOVES IN THE COMMENTS!

Last edited:

Janny

Verified Member
Also, if you want, you could just NOT implement the combos I suggested, you can just implement other ones if you don't like mines. ^3^

Janny

Verified Member
The only real problem I see is two people fighting, and then their moves accidentally mix
I see SOMEONE didn't read the entire thing. You will be able to choose who you can actually do combos with by using something like /pk team add (user) and /pk team remove (user).

Janny

Verified Member
I think my favorite is the "Rings of Saturn". If that is implemented, that would SO fricken badass!

NinjaK

Verified Member
I like it. I just worry this is going to get denied just because the fact that none of the example moves you stated are canon, even though there are team moves shown in the show. You know how picky they are about these things.. :\

Janny

Verified Member
I like it. I just worry this is going to get denied just because the fact that none of the example moves you stated are canon, even though there are team moves shown in the show. You know how picky they are about these things.. :\
I mean like I said, they don't HAVE to use the ones I suggested, they can choose whatever combos they want. :p

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
I see SOMEONE didn't read the entire thing. You will be able to choose who you can actually do combos with by using something like /pk team add (user) and /pk team remove (user).
You should also implement a "<insert name> is requesting to make combo moves, accept?" and type something along the lines of /pk team accept so people don't team just to mess with people. Also, are you going to add any base damage? range?

Janny

Verified Member
You should also implement a "<insert name> is requesting to make combo moves, accept?" and type something along the lines of /pk team accept so people don't team just to mess with people. Also, are you going to add any base damage? range?
FINE! I'll add technical sterf

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
Water + Fire:

- Steamblast / Moves used: Torrent (Whip) and Fireblast (Charged):
Description: First, a waterbender must shoot a torrent (whip), then, if a firebender uses charged fireblast on the torrent whip, the both will turn into one, medium sized, blast of A LOT of air particles that will do knockback, blindness, and a tiny bit of health. (Cooldown of about 5-10)
Also, you may wanna change that to surge, alot of water would be needed to create steam strong enough to deal both knockback, AND blindness.

Janny

Verified Member
Also, you may wanna change that to surge, alot of water would be needed to create steam strong enough to deal both knockback, AND blindness.
But then where does the damage come in? Clearly the damage done is because of the water as the fire loses most of its power after hitting water.

Janny

Verified Member
Since the "Forum Etiquette" thing is just THAT, an "Etiquette" and not a forum "rule".....
1. @Gamzee
2. @Hero
3. @Finn_Bueno_
4. @Heika

1 cuz Gamzee is cool
2 cuz Hero's criticism is good
3 cuz Finn's criticism is also good
4 cuz HEIKA SENPAI!!!!!

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Here are some team moves that I've thought of (I support this idea)

Water + Earth

Rocky Stream / Moves used: WaterManipulation and EarthBlast
Description: The waterbender would shoot a WaterManipulation and the earthbender would shoot the earthblast at the watermanip. When the two collide, the watermanip would stay intact, but would have brown redstone particles. It would be controlled like a normal watermanip, but would do about 1.5 hearts of extra damage and a lot more knockback
http://i.imgur.com/lFQ39Rn.gifv

Earth + Fire + Air

Flaming Bullet / Moves used: EarthBlast, FireBlast, and AirBlast
Description: The Earthbender would shoot an earthblast, while the firebender shoots a fireblast at the earthblast- setting the earthblast on fire. The airbender would then shoot the flaming earthblast with an airblast- increasing the speed of the earthblast by 2x. The earthblast is not directable after the airbender shoots the earthblast.
The Flaming Bullet would do an extra 1.5 hearts of the normal earthblast, and it would do half a heart of burn damage.

Air + Fire

Flaming Twister (of death) / Moves used: Twister (The Combo) and FireBurst
Description: The Airbender would shoot a twister while the firebender would shoot the twister with fireburst (Left Click) The Twister's air particles would be replaced by fire particles, and anyone caught in the twister would recieve 2.5 hearts of burn damage, and when the twister ends, half a heart of extra burn damage. This would not work if the Twister goes in the rain.

Water + Chi (+ Water)

Wet(Icy)Smoke
Description: This one's a hard one to pull off. The Chi Blocker would shoot their smokescreen, and the waterbender would have to shoot a watermanip at the snowball representing the smokescreen. Then, the waterbender would be able to shoot their watermanip like normal, but when it hits, the smokescreen would go off, effectively blinding the opponent while damaging them. If another waterbender is there, they can left click with phasechange to freeze the watermanip, turning it into an ice block that would have smoke particles emitting from it. The waterbender that controls the watermanip can move the ice block like a watermanip, but this would do an extra heart from the base damage that watermanip does, and it also sets off the smokescreen.

Janny

Verified Member
Here are some team moves that I've thought of (I support this idea)

Water + Earth

Rocky Stream / Moves used: WaterManipulation and EarthBlast
Description: The waterbender would shoot a WaterManipulation and the earthbender would shoot the earthblast at the watermanip. When the two collide, the watermanip would stay intact, but would have brown redstone particles. It would be controlled like a normal watermanip, but would do about 1.5 hearts of extra damage and a lot more knockback
http://i.imgur.com/lFQ39Rn.gifv

Earth + Fire + Air

Flaming Bullet / Moves used: EarthBlast, FireBlast, and AirBlast
Description: The Earthbender would shoot an earthblast, while the firebender shoots a fireblast at the earthblast- setting the earthblast on fire. The airbender would then shoot the flaming earthblast with an airblast- increasing the speed of the earthblast by 2x. The earthblast is not directable after the airbender shoots the earthblast.
The Flaming Bullet would do an extra 1.5 hearts of the normal earthblast, and it would do half a heart of burn damage.

Air + Fire

Flaming Twister (of death) / Moves used: Twister (The Combo) and FireBurst
Description: The Airbender would shoot a twister while the firebender would shoot the twister with fireburst (Left Click) The Twister's air particles would be replaced by fire particles, and anyone caught in the twister would recieve 2.5 hearts of burn damage, and when the twister ends, half a heart of extra burn damage. This would not work if the Twister goes in the rain.

Water + Chi (+ Water)

Wet(Icy)Smoke
Description: This one's a hard one to pull off. The Chi Blocker would shoot their smokescreen, and the waterbender would have to shoot a watermanip at the snowball representing the smokescreen. Then, the waterbender would be able to shoot their watermanip like normal, but when it hits, the smokescreen would go off, effectively blinding the opponent while damaging them. If another waterbender is there, they can left click with phasechange to freeze the watermanip, turning it into an ice block that would have smoke particles emitting from it. The waterbender that controls the watermanip can move the ice block like a watermanip, but this would do an extra heart from the base damage that watermanip does, and it also sets off the smokescreen.
YES! PEOPLE, USE HIS AS AN EXAMPLE AS TO WHAT YOU SHOULD SUGGEST! (Give the staff team an idea of what do add if this is successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.