• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New Sub Element for Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamskii6

I know the title makes you go "...but", however this suggestion is something I came up with while watching Season 3 of Avatar: Legend of Korra.

You know how Zaheer learnt how to levitate like Guru Laghima? I remember hearing Kya (Tenzins WaterBending Sister) say that there was another Guru who stopped eating and didn't need food. That could be the new "Sub Element" for Air, a passive that keeps the players food bar from ever going down!

I think this should really be considered as it's true to the show and airbenders need more Sub Elements (in my opinion)!

Adamskii6

And before you say it wasn't proved, remember what Zaheer said, that there's some truth to all the legends.

I guess, but it ain't a sub-element officially comfirmed by Bryke&What-his-name. Sure, you can argue icebending isn't either to waterbending but that's was created probably for the sole purpose of easily disabling freezes, I guess.

xNuminousx

There's already a sub-element that makes your hunger bar deplete at a slower rate. Having it move slower rather than not moving at all is a means of balance. Just because some guy didn't eat for 40 days or whatever, doesn't mean everyone should or would have. You could argue about Flight, but there are means to make it not OP (via config) if you want to. You can't nerf infinite hunger without making it the already existing passive.

Adamskii6

There's already a sub-element that makes your hunger bar deplete at a slower rate. Having it move slower rather than not moving at all is a means of balance. Just because some guy didn't eat for 40 days or whatever, doesn't mean everyone should or would have. You could argue about Flight, but there are means to make it not OP (via config) if you want to. You can't nerf infinite hunger without making it the already existing passive.
What do you mean? I'm not talking about the passive which already exists, I'm talking about a brand new one which defaults to op. If it defaults to op I don't see why you should need to nerf it? You could just not give it to people or negate it in the permissions file for operators...

xNuminousx

So basically you want something that you can play around with.... Not something that could provide balance or provide a general feel of the Avatar universe...

Also, besides - it's an sub-element. What else it's gonna have than just this one passive, which would beunaccompanied by a one or frew abilities. Hunger manipulation powers? In practical sense, I mean creating a dedicated categorization for one passive is imo a bit redudant for a plugin, because it wouldn't offer any bindable abilities (as you haven't provided any ideas/examples it having such things).

Than again, I may contradict: I don't mind this feature, If it comes with a off/disable feature and doesn't replace/omit the slow-rate hunger passive (by keeping that in, but introducing absolute satiation to the table that wouldn't interfare with the formal). I do keep an open mind and I think it's a possibility concept designer will too.

xNuminousx

Well it would add uniqueness and diversity, just like with flight?
Flight was sort of a "fan favorite" ability. It had a strong part in creating the plot for season 3 and the character of Zaheer. Someone not eating for a couple months was a legend mentioned in 1 episode. We know that Airbenders have the ability warm themselves and maybe use less energy than others which allows them to eat less at a time or eat less then others period. However, not having to eat AT ALL is not a part of the lore. Possibly a config option that allows you to customize how slow or how fast an Airbenders hunger depletes; but I disagree with giving Airbenders infinite hunger.

xNuminousx

I remember hearing Kya (Tenzins WaterBending Sister) say that there was another Guru who stopped eating and didn't need food
And as an add-on to my last post: The guru they mentioned spent a certain amount of days without eating. He didn't just stop eating forever. His name was monk Tang Xu and he spent a little over 98 days meditating. He did this intentionally and claimed he wanted to get his nourishment from the universe through meditation.

Yeah and he had to actively consume food via meditation, as xNum remarked, not passively so If that ability were introduced It would have follow the criteria (probably would function with a sitting animation cosmetic and would put the meditater at its vulnerability to their surrounding enviroment).

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Sub Elements in this plugin exist for the sole purpose of giving ability permissions without modifying the server perm file, however the problem here is that there is already an existing passive like this, and its kind of pointless to simply make a copy of it that just prevents your hunger from going down, and adding a complete separate sub element to go along with it.

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.