• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

PK 1.8 Exposed hints, teasers, upcoming features, ect.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Devs/CD can confirm or clarify of the things I listed that conclused from my assumtion that I picked up by following trello board's teasers/plans.
  • Firemanipulation: new, defense aspect focused ability for firebending.
  • AirBubbe will be removed.
  • Firejet revamped to be like "jetpack".
  • Mid Combo execution shorten to 10 seconds time out starts.
  • WaterbottleBending fixed.
  • Tremorsense revamped: triggers client side/pov glow to the opponents/allies.
  • Chi blocking fixes.
  • AirJump (presumambly, the ability from the last year recently suggested and set to be looking into)
    • Double jump ~ user is propelled.
  • Speed option for waterbending ability (maybe it's a config related setting?).

Predictable, but still a good reminder:
Regardless, Water is going to get updated too in the future.

Last edited:

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Devs/CD can confirm or clarify of the things I listed that conclused from my assumtion that I picked up by following trello board's teasers/plans.
  • Firemanipulation: new, defense aspect focused ability for firebending.
  • AirBubbe will be removed.
  • Firejet revamped to be like "jetpack".
  • Mid Combo execution shorten to 10 seconds time out starts.
  • WaterbottleBending fixed.
  • Tremorsense revamped: triggers client side/pov glow to the opponents/allies.
  • Chi blocking fixes.
  • AirJump (presumambly, the ability from the last year recently suggested and set to be looking into)
    • Double jump ~ user is propelled.
  • Speed option for waterbending ability (maybe it's a config related setting?).
:eek:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I understand 1.8.0 like the very first build, doesn't include 1.8.1, 1.8.2, ect. and so on.

1.8.x or 1.8 ~ interpeting as including 1.8.1, 1.8.2, 1.8.3 and so on ect.

I don't how work versions either. Did we got 1.8.0 already? If so, that might mean all features will be forwarded to 1.9.0 as the stable/complete download from 1.8

I only know that a.b.c goes like this.

AB - stable
C - beta.

Right now currently were on with Beta 3 of 1.8 as an official download in this site (1.8.3).

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Loony

Verified Member
He just picked up stuff on our trello, not that's going into the next beta.

1.8.0 C
It's information Mesk collected from the Trello. This stuff is likely going to happen.
But it doesn't mean it's going into the next beta or that it's 100% going to happen.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
*remembers M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender*
I personally would call this more... something else other than fire manipulation really. Not to mention how dull it is to repeat the last initial of the waterbending's arsenal.

Unrelevant, but I find kinda weird calling watermanipulation "watermanipulation" when it doesn't when intented (I think it should work by the yo-yo principle)

NickC1211

Verified Member
I personally would call this more... something else other than fire manipulation really. Not to mention how dull it is to repeat the last initial of the waterbending's arsenal.

Unrelevant, but I find kinda weird calling watermanipulation "watermanipulation" when it doesn't when intented (I think it should work by the yo-yo principle)
When fire is going to get more "manipulation" than water ever had.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Fire is a very manipulative element. We saw redirection and other waterbender techniques in their fighting. Much to how Lightning is the coldblooded Fire, I'd say Firebending is the coldblooded Waterbending. However, I would believe you're right because where Fire is more focused on aggression and power, Water is more focused on redirection and flow. I think the difference between the two elements should be focused on a bit more.

Loony

Verified Member
Firstly, because fire has no manipulation whatsoever WaterManip and Torrent is both manipulative b

Regardless, Water is going to get updated too in the future.