• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Snowmageddon 2017 and other updates

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Before I begin, if you live in the Eastern United States, I hope you stay safe and warm this week. This snow seems to be no joke (I literally just left the east coast on Saturday, so I'm just missing this snow storm).

I wanted to take a moment to update you on a few things going on behind the scenes and talk about some things coming up.

First and foremost, things have been moving a little slow. Most of our staff is in the middle of midterms week or some other equivalent. That said, we simply don't have as many developers working on the project right now as we'd like. The silver lining to that, of course, is that it's almost over and we are just about ready to pick up development at a rapid pace again.

Now, that doesn't mean that nothing has been done. @OmniCypher told me to give you updates on the following:
  • Re-added the OctopusForm feature that freezes water under you.
  • Fixed an issue where Chi descriptions/instructions weren't displaying.
  • Created a new ability attribute system that'll be helpful for developers down the road. (This alone can warrant an entire post on what you can do with this, so we won't go into it now)
That isn't as large of an update as we wanted to give, but we wanted to make sure that you knew that we were getting some stuff done.

Second, we are revisiting the official ProjectKorra server this week. I now have the time to put into this and I hope to have some updates for you all toward next week about our plans for that (launch dates and more in-depth information).

And last but not least, we are finishing up details on a major announcement that we currently plan to make THIS FRIDAY. This will be a new way to engage with the community and the development process. Fair warning, it'll be one of the largest announcements we've done in a while. No member of our staff is permitted to talk about it until then. Stay hyped and check back on Friday.

Thanks everyone! Hope all is well.

And last but not least, we are finishing up details on a major announcement that we currently plan to make THIS FRIDAY. This will be a new way to engage with the community and the development process. Fair warning, it'll be one of the largest announcements we've done in a while. No member of our staff is permitted to talk about it until then. Stay hyped and check back on Friday.

Thanks everyone! Hope all is well.
Gonna be passive-aggresive with this. Couldn't you make that bolded time release any more bigger in font size? What IF it doesn't happen on friday? How can we trust you now? And If you delay it again, won't we got any formal appology besides asking ourselfs "Why that isn't out? to get response"

I'm sorry, but myself and @xNuminousx are pissed at that... but arghh. Some of the staff members that are active (no matter what department they're from) should inform us sooner for a delay, let it be via twitter or forum post. I just can't help but imagine you guys gathered aroun the table and laughing by saying "lol, let's hope they won't notice it!".

===========================================================
To put negative aside, thanks for the input! Thanks for everyone putting efforts into still working on this plugin , despite the problem menion above (tl;dr: lack of formal sooner appologies about the delayed deadlines). Woohoo for the official server part! Looking really forward to that (maybe I'll maybe long time no seen staff members and possibly some long-time-away forum members :eek:). Lol: we almost never had snow in winter but somewhere last week rrecently. Though I do hope and wish safety for you and everyone else in your hometown area!)

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Re-added the OctopusForm feature that freezes water under you.
@OmniCypher Whyyyy :mad: :(

Created a new ability attribute system that'll be helpful for developers down the road.
I'm excited to read the post about this :eek:

That isn't as large of an update as we wanted to give
It's better than nothing, thanks for the information.

Second, we are revisiting the official ProjectKorra server this week.
YEESSS i've been waiting for this :eek::D I have an idea for the server which I will make in my own post. I will probably link it in this post once I make it.

THIS FRIDAY
:confused:o_O I REALLY hope this isn't another one of those times when you say "every 3 weeks" and then 4 weeks goes by and there's nothing.... I hate that it came to this but: I'll believe it when I see it.

-=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=-

And like Mesk said, thanks for the information! I understand times are tough right now but I am in awe that EVERY developer has been THIS busy... I'm not saying that I don't believe it, just that it's shocking. I look forward to the future of Project Korra and I ALSO look forward to seeing improvements with how this community is handled and it's development. Keep up the GOOD work guys!

Loony

@OmniCypher Whyyyy :mad: :(

I'm excited to read the post about this :eek:

It's better than nothing, thanks for the information.

YEESSS i've been waiting for this :eek::D I have an idea for the server which I will make in my own post. I will probably link it in this post once I make it.

:confused:o_O I REALLY hope this isn't another one of those times when you say "every 3 weeks" and then 4 weeks goes by and there's nothing.... I hate that it came to this but: I'll believe it when I see it.

-=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=-

And like Mesk said, thanks for the information! I understand times are tough right now but I am in awe that EVERY developer has been THIS busy... I'm not saying that I don't believe it, just that it's shocking. I look forward to the future of Project Korra and I ALSO look forward to seeing improvements with how this community is handled and it's development. Keep up the GOOD work guys!
The octopus form thing is a bug fix FYI

Make it a suggestion to remove it If you're not satisfied with something :p Thought I doubt they'll accept it, as they would have just removed the feature along with the bug instead of fixing... unless they plan to remove that feature in the future :eek:

xNuminousx

If they thought it was necessary they would have implemented it regardless of where it was. Discarding any sort of a good idea just because it wasn't mentioned in the right place is silly.

If they thought it was necessary they would have implemented it regardless of where it was. Discarding any sort of a good idea just because it wasn't mentioned in the right place is silly.
But isn't the point of having the devoted section for it? If people were to post and throw 49 ideas in this post, would still be silly? Yeah, while in this case your given is relative and its a feedback towards the provided changes in the bullet point list, but still they might skip it and not notice it.

xNuminousx

But isn't the point of having the devoted section for it? If people were to post and throw 49 ideas in this post, would still be silly? Yeah, while in this case your given is relative and its a feedback towards the provided changes in the bullet point list, but still they might skip it and not notice it.
If they were considering it then they could have said "Hey, this is a neat idea you should elaborate in a suggestion post" but instead they updated it and didn't care lol

Well, ok whatever. They could change their minds at any time, but before then they might have forgotten this thread over time? Doubt that they'll remember this (or he might have already consider it with a silence) and check this out while at the mean time they'll be on the patrol to check out Suggestions :D

xNuminousx

Obviously Omni spent time with the move; he updated it. It's clear they want it so making the post would be pointless.

Obviously Omni spent time with the move; he updated it. It's clear they want it so making the post would be pointless.
I don't think he was the one who created the freezing feature. He only fixed the bug that prevented it. They might want it now, but later on they might lose interest in it. Like that's what happened with Plantarmor. It only lasted not too long before removing it after some betas later.

Ha, snowmageddon? More like rain-and-windmageddon. I got a fricken nor' easter and a rain-and-wind day (the rainy and windy version of a snow day).

But an official PK server? Hmm. May have to check it out :3

Last edited:
THIS FRIDAY
So close :D Though I have to give kudos for (almost) sticking with that date ;) Attribute system is catching my attention. By the name off it, it sounds dope, and I know it be great since you guys always manage to impress us with the work and dedication you put in new mechanics :)

xNuminousx

So close :D Though I have to give kudos for (almost) sticking with that date ;)
They stuck to it?? They released the big thing either last Friday or the one before (I forget). But I know they released the Friday after the original post. I dont know if you're confusing dates or if I'm misunderstanding you. However, I'm most interested in this bit:
Second, we are revisiting the official ProjectKorra server this week. I now have the time to put into this and I hope to have some updates for you all toward next week about our plans for that (launch dates and more in-depth information).
When can we expect more information about the server?