• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion (2017-02-18) FrostBreath

10% of the waterbenders that are 'born' in the server will obtain the ability of FrostBreath.

With this ability, a waterbender can freeze the soaked opponents (i.e. a check is done if the entity was in contact with water and after that, whenever before 60 second has passed), by holding sneak to release it. The User must be facing his heigth-size obstance from behind their back. Otherwise, the target will only get "slowness"

Another application for this ability would be is turned "an object/blocks into a ice block" temporarely (; reverts back). The Block doesn't need to be moist; just plain there. Again, done with sneaking.

That's pretty much it. Before you ask, I asked that 1 out of 10 waterbenders should get this technique, because while it was demonstrated in the show, it may cramp the style of waterbending. And what better to make this canon rare-- is by giving it to small seldom amount random players.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
I personally don't like RNG, and don't think it should be decided randomly. Cool concept though.

I personally don't like RNG, and don't think it should be decided randomly. Cool concept though.
Well I'd say it would be wayyyy too often If people kept using this. It was shown rarely, but a fascinating one. I just don't want this concept to be a missed opportunity :p

xNuminousx

It was shown rarely
I'm sure it would have been done a bit more frequently if they were in the required circumstances to use it. A large amount of the waterbenders we saw were already around ice (north/south pole) so why WOULD they use Frost Breath? And then idk if the Swamp Benders used ice at all.... They could have.

It's probably a "last resort" move. It doesn't seem like a really powerful move. I feel like if Katara trapped a Water/Firebender in this:
They could have easily escaped. It didn't seem like a thick sheet of ice or anything.

And besides, Katara was a NEW waterbender in the gif you show. The episode "Jett" is in the beginning of the first season. She hadn't gotten to the North Pole yet to learn anything, her village didn't have any Waterbending teachers, and the Waterbending Scroll she obtained JUST before this episode didn't show any sort of Frost Breath techniques. I think it's safe to assume it was a pretty basic skill. But it was SO basic, no one bothered using it.

I'm sure it would have been done a bit more frequently if they were in the required circumstances to use it. A large amount of the waterbenders we saw were already around ice (north/south pole) so why WOULD they use Frost Breath? And then idk if the Swamp Benders used ice at all.... They could have.

It's probably a "last resort" move. It doesn't seem like a really powerful move. I feel like if Katara trapped a Water/Firebender in this:

They could have easily escaped. It didn't seem like a thick sheet of ice or anything.

And besides, Katara was a NEW waterbender in the gif you show. The episode "Jett" is in the beginning of the first season. She hadn't gotten to the North Pole yet to learn anything, her village didn't have any Waterbending teachers, and the Waterbending Scroll she obtained JUST before this episode didn't show any sort of Frost Breath techniques. I think it's safe to assume it was a pretty basic skill. But it was SO basic, no one bothered using it.
Swamp Benders did used ice.

Well, they can escape from any ice that's for sure, so...

doesn't make a difference regardless from what frozen method they escape.

Ok.

Fyf

ProjectKorra is a PvP plugin, RNG factors are not healthy or good for a successful, fair, and competitive PvP experience. RNG factors create unfair, random, and undeserved advantages. While the move itself looks okay, (though already exists in the add-on JedCore, which is still available and updated) I would suggest a different name due to that reason.

Though in a PvP perspective, I cannot support this move as Water does not need anymore ways to freeze an opponent, the freeze-trap mechanism is already annoyingly oversaturated with moves. In my opinion, Ice needs a rework.

Kind Regards,
-Fyf, ex-CD

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agreed on that last bit. Freezing overall should be improved.

Considering Waterarms hadn't its name change (before as a stock, it belong to jedcore), I think it we should keep it. Otherwise, name it BreathOfIce.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Every waterbender could make water into ice, lets start off with that. Being able to breath cold vapor to freeze ice is simply a basic technique that you don't even need to be a master to accomplish, so even if it was a rare thing it could easily be learned and accomplished.

The only problem I see with this is the potential for serious serious combat backlash, 60 seconds is a long time if you think about it, you can pull off about 60 watermanipulations with the default config, and it is definetly too long to check for a freeze in a game.

Also this seems more of a Core Suggestion rather than a RPG suggestion as the only real RPG like aspect of it is the RNG.

Fyf

No more moves that freeze a player until the freezing mechanic has a rework. Water already has far too many moves that surround a player in a lot of ice.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
No more moves that freeze a player until the freezing mechanic has a rework. Water already has far too many moves that surround a player in a lot of ice.

You can never have too much ice my friend :)

The only problem I see with this is the potential for serious serious combat backlash, 60 seconds is a long time if you think about it, you can pull off about 60 watermanipulations with the default config, and it is definetly too long to check for a freeze in a game.
Well then exclude watermanipulation from this mechanic. Don't about others. Surge perhaps could use 1 hit (if you miss freezing with it, you can then utilize this ability), and torrent with two hits.

"'it is definetly too long to check for a freeze in a game.[/QUOTE]" That's not what I meant. That timer checks how long the player lasts wet; when you can't no longer freeze them with this ability: after escaping the pool/pond.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Well then exclude watermanipulation from this mechanic. Don't about others. Surge perhaps could use 1 hit (if you miss freezing with it, you can then utilize this ability), and torrent with two hits.

"'it is definetly too long to check for a freeze in a game.
" That's not what I meant. That timer checks how long the player lasts wet; when you can't no longer freeze them with this ability: after escaping the pool/pond.[/QUOTE]
Ya I know, thats why I don't like it, the time period in which you can be frozen is way too long.

" That's not what I meant. That timer checks how long the player lasts wet; when you can't no longer freeze them with this ability: after escaping the pool/pond.
Ya I know, thats why I don't like it, the time period in which you can be frozen is way too long.
Then 30s.? You're a concept designer, and when comes down to values/intergares: It's up to you to decide xD That how config settings are usually set up. By your behave. We usually give only examples when it comes to those things.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt