• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water Combo : Frozen Orb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Explanation : This is a watercombo that is semi-automatic and still very easily manipulated

Combo Formula : Watermanipulation (Hold sneak) > Surge (Release Sneak) > Octopusform (Left click) [All facing water]

Visualization :

In the gif the firebender (Pumpkin head) is attacking the waterbender, the first two moves are blocked by the orbs and the last one will be shot towards the enemy.

Detailed Description: Frozen orbs created will protect the bender for two hits, and after both are destroyed, the last one can be launched forward by clicking while sneaking, the orb is not redirectable after clicking, but it will move at a great speed.
The first two orbs will protect you from light moves, such as watermanipulation, earthblast, fireblast, and airswipe, but moves that are too light such as airblast, will not destroy the orb and go back to the bender.)*See footnote 1
The orb can still be destroyed by the basic attacks of each element (Watermanipulation, earthblast, fireblast, airswipe)

Cooldown : 12000
DamageFromOrb : 5

Note : Movement is possible and the orbs will face the direction you are.
Switch away from octopusform to deactivate.

Footnote 1 : Light moves
Airblast, Airbreath

Last edited:
Although it's very creative, your idea seems to be lacking in some aspects.

First of, can you move with the combo going on? Is it possible to change to other abilities while the orbs float? Any way to deactivate this combo? Cool down? Damage given by the last orb? Which attacks can the orb defend you from?

I feel like I'm complaining hard on this, but I think I won't be able to agree on something before knowing all the details.

Green

Although it's very creative, your idea seems to be lacking in some aspects.

First of, can you move with the combo going on? Is it possible to change to other abilities while the orbs float? Any way to deactivate this combo? Cool down? Damage given by the last orb? Which attacks can the orb defend you from?

I feel like I'm complaining hard on this, but I think I won't be able to agree on something before knowing all the details.
I'm just saying you need to read this thread more carefully because all this stuff you complained about is already there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like it's rather powerful in the sense that it just automatically blocks people's moves... Such a simple combo being able to block 3 hits seems rather unbalanced from the other elements. Also, I'm pretty sure you can block fireblast/earthblast by hitting the opposing move with a water manipulation? I'm very uncertain about the latter point, but that's my voice on it.

This is when you don't have time to use water manipulation, and or not having water around you, think of this as a backup, also this doesn't have to block 3 attacks if the opponent uses something other than the block able moves.

but moves that are too light such as airblast, will not destroy the orb and go back to the bender.)
WOOHOO INFINITE DEFERENCE FROM AIRBENDERS (but it is a bit of an over sight how if they try to push you it works indefinitely(but good job beside that))

Airbreath
Add-ons aren't supported by PK (As you've been told by now I hope)
this seems like it's rather powerful in the sense that it just automatically blocks people's moves...
This is when you don't have time to use water manipulation, and or not having water around you, think of this as a backup, also this doesn't have to block 3 attacks if the opponent uses something other than the block able moves.
This is just me, but suggestions shouldn't be created for scenarios in which you're suffering (if you can even say that) from a move or an element's downfall. (I could go on a tangent with this statement I said) In this case, the real reason why this suggestion is created is because you can't block some moves all of the time with WaterManipulation. WaterManip isn't meant to be some attack that's excellent at blocking moves. It's meant to be a basic attack. Sure, maybe you can't block a few moves with WaterManip because you got caught off guard, but that's your fault in reality. Already, surge shield can block a lot, combined with the mobility of waterspout, you should have plenty of defensive capability. Overall, if this combo were to be added, maybe it'd be useful in the scenario you mentioned, but outside of it, it'd just be OP in the sense that it's just extra padding for water's defense, which it really doesn't need. It ESPECIALLY doesn't need something that AUTOMATICALLY blocks attacks.
Is it possible to change to other abilities while the orbs float?
You still haven't answered this by the way, Twisted. Though even if you couldn't perform moves with this combo actovated, I'd still keep true to what I just said.

If suggestions aren't created for scenarios only some suffer from, think about it, why do we need jetblast if we already have normal fire jet, anyone who has 2 fingers in 1-2 seconds can use jetblast.
Was just someone thinking fire jet didn't have enough power and just gave it a combo for a reason to power it up without letting others think it's OP.

Imagine you're fighting with this combo, you can only keep using this combo but well if you're being barraged without any water around you, you would need some time to go to a lake or river. Though it sounds like it's the waterbenders's fault for leaving the water, some arenas have people fighting on land , for the other 3 elements.
So in the fact that earthbenders can catapult away, fire benders fire jetting away, and air going sky high. This has a little difference in that it doesn't do its task specifically, you can use it in various ways when you think about it.

By the way, up there states switch away from octopus form to deactivate

So in the fact that earthbenders can catapult away, fire benders fire jetting away, and air going sky high. This has a little difference in that it doesn't do its task specifically, you can use it in various ways when you think about it.
The other players running away from your really doesn't warrant how you need more defense? If they're able to run away from you, how does buffing defensive moves help with that situation - they're so far away from you that they can't even hit you..

Sorin

This seems pretty cool, but a bit op; Maybe moves that are able to make it through? Idk, call me crazy - but this seems to be way to easy/op, maybe you have to sneak and the ice block will come to your cursor so it isn't automatic.

Besides all the other moves mentioned above. (The basic moves) all other can break through, like earthsmash, charged fireblast, charged airswipe, or torrent

This combo doesn't seem very logical for combat or any other scenario that is foreseen. Use surge shield to block moves if you need moves blocked. Suggestion denied, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.