• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Deleted] PlantWhip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think it should be particles of some sort instead of blocks to look more like a vine and it is a little glitchy and aim is bad.
Particles? Ew no <,<
Also, the aim has been improved, and should be alot better now. It could be buggin when looking straight up, then looking down, but I dont know why you would do this.

Sorin

Verified Member
I think it should be particles of some sort instead of blocks to look more like a vine and it is a little glitchy and aim is bad.
Belive me particles would make this look really wired, and if you have the right version the aiming was fixed.

Ashwish

Verified Member
I think the source should be a config option, so you could set it so you could also use a plant source not just leaves.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
finnbon updated PlantWhip with a new update entry:

Better everything!

I'm sorry this update took so long guys!
Anyway here it is:

• Improved aiming again. It now follows your cursor better.
  • Added a new config option, 'TravelTime'
    • The amount of milliseconds the move lasts.
  • Added a new config option, 'LeavesOnly'
    • If set to true, then only leaves can be used as a source.
Todo:
  • Improve dragging.
Again, I'm sorry this took so long. I've been very busy with personal stuff.
Thanks for...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorin

Verified Member
I'm having an issue where when i click the source the black smoke appears then fastly disapears so i can only use the move if i hold shift and punch as well as they never revert.

Ashwish

Verified Member
Lovely work. But i have another suggestion, could you add the feature of thickness to the whip. So in stead of having it 1 by 1 it could be 2 by 2 this would be a config option to how thick you want it to be. Also you could make this a MultiAbility move witch means you could have plantwall plantwhip plantride. The possibilitys are endless i really hope you take this into consideration.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Lovely work. But i have another suggestion, could you add the feature of thickness to the whip. So in stead of having it 1 by 1 it could be 2 by 2 this would be a config option to how thick you want it to be. Also you could make this a MultiAbility move witch means you could have plantwall plantwhip plantride. The possibilitys are endless i really hope you take this into consideration.
I like the idea of a config option for how big the whip is. I won't make this a MultiAbility tho, because I will release more plantbending abilities, but they won't have anything to do with eachother except them all being plantbending abilities.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
finnbon updated PlantWhip with a new update entry:

General upgrade!

• Changed the way the ability works.
    • Shift to select a source, left click to shoot the whip.
  • Added new config options (see main post).
  • Added the feature to create a dome on impact.
  • Fixed a bug where the hit radius of the whip was too big.
  • Fixed a bug where you could hit entities multiple times.
Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorin

Verified Member
The cool down config doesn't work ,-, ass well as if its cooling down and you tap shift on another plantblock it restarts the cooldown
Code:
  finnbon:
    VineWhip:
      Description: This ability allows a plantbender to create a whip of leaves. This can be used to make a bridge for a short amount of time, to attack your opponent, and even to trap them! To use this ability, you first must find plants. Then, press shift to select the plant as your source. You may release shift after you've done this. Then, left click, and a whip of plants will be bent from the plant. When you click again, a dome will be created around the thing it hits!
      Range: 20.0
      Damage: 4.0
      SourceRange: 20
      RevertTime: 20000.0
      CoolDown: 100.0
      Speed: 0.8
      TravelTime: 5000
      DomeRadius: 3
      ContinueOnHit: false
      LeavesOnly: false
      CreateDome: true
      Hollow: false

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The cool down config doesn't work ,-, ass well as if its cooling down and you tap shift on another plantblock it restarts the cooldown
Code:
  finnbon:
    VineWhip:
      Description: This ability allows a plantbender to create a whip of leaves. This can be used to make a bridge for a short amount of time, to attack your opponent, and even to trap them! To use this ability, you first must find plants. Then, press shift to select the plant as your source. You may release shift after you've done this. Then, left click, and a whip of plants will be bent from the plant. When you click again, a dome will be created around the thing it hits!
      Range: 20.0
      Damage: 4.0
      SourceRange: 20
      RevertTime: 20000.0
      CoolDown: 100.0
      Speed: 0.8
      TravelTime: 5000
      DomeRadius: 3
      ContinueOnHit: false
      LeavesOnly: false
      CreateDome: true
      Hollow: false
Uhm, I dont really understand you. Could you be a bit more specific??

Sorin

Verified Member
So when i change to config option for the cooldown it doesn't change in game the cooldown last the same amount of time no matter what i change it to, as well as when you tap shift on another source while the cooldown is active it makes the cooldown last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.