• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Alternative Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
As we all know, Torrent is executed simply by left clicking a source, holding shift, and then left clicking again, shooting the stream of water where ever we look. I've seen a few Waterwhip threads in the past, and I think this one will most likely be the least confusing/complicated one of them all.

1) My Idea
My Idea is to have an alternate version of Torrent based off of the water whip, by simply shifting and then left clicking, a reverse of the usual way. Instead of the water coming straight to you, it'd shoot out in a similar way as water manipulation would depending on where you clicked. If you were to freeze the stream like you can anyother torrent, you'd simply have to left click once more like any other normal torrent.

2) Mechanics
This wouldn't work much differently, except that it's relatively quicker considering it doesn't have to go to you in order for it to stream off into a direction.

3) Why it isn't OP
Regardless of the fact that it wouldn't have to go to you, it would still have have the same damage output, and source ranging as the usual torrent would. Not to mention the freezing would still work like the usual torrent.

4) Why is this even needed?
There have not been many times where water has had to circle a water bender in order for it to attack(not counting redirection), and while this may not be NEEDED per say, it'd add a nice bit of variety.

Please leave comments and questions below ^J^

HydroMan

Verified Member
What i mostly like, that when you shift at a source block and while holding shift, the water(whip) would follow ur courser, allowing you to move it aroind like in the gif. After moving it abit, you can left click to launch and hit the target and deal damage, but you wouldn't be able to freeeze the target. This would be a faster attack for the alternative. However you would need to spin around u like in the gif only once in order to lauch it at where you click. Thats what i would change in your idea. If you not gonna like to add my change, then ill make it into a new post, regardless that it became look into. What you think @Loony?

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
What i mostly like, that when you shift at a source block and while holding shift, the water(whip) would follow ur courser, allowing you to move it aroind like in the gif. After moving it abit, you can left click to launch and hit the target and deal damage, but you wouldn't be able to freeeze the target. This would be a faster attack for the alternative. However you would need to spin around u like in the gif only once in order to lauch it at where you click. Thats what i would change in your idea. If you not gonna like to add my change, then ill make it into a new post, regardless that it became look into. What you think @Loony?
Oops! I forgot the part where you can control the Alt. Torrent and where it goes with your mouse, sorry! Although, since it's going to be a clicking ability, it'd be really unfair for you to not only move at high speeds, but move the torrent as you go. Personally, I think the freezing feature is all that is needed, no need for additional!

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
Then lets make so whenver to move with torrent alt, the move would stop itself and gets the cooldown. Simple.
I don't think you understand, this is simply a torrent alternation there is no cooldown for torrent, and even still you were able to move with it slightly with torrent. Why do you seem so hellbent on controlling the beam?

HydroMan

Verified Member
I don't think you understand, this is simply a torrent alternation there is no cooldown for torrent, and even still you were able to move with it slightly with torrent. Why do you seem so hellbent on controlling the beam?
Because waterbenders are lacking of moving the water in a way it should suppose too.

Status
Not open for further replies.