• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Spam Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
So what are the 2 things that everyone in PK Plugin hates?
-
Watercamping corrently being solved by the ambitious project of @Kiam McQuaid
- Move Spamming (?)
Maybe Watercampers and mainly Spammers will disagree with me xD

Right now @Kiam McQuaid is solving most of the reasons for Watercampers existence and unfortunately his solution may increase the amount Move Spammers at least from waterbenders. Therefore I decided to try to came up with an idea for solving the other problem Move Spamming

What I did come up with is something I decided to call "Spam Cooldown"
The basic idea is make spammeble moves, like pretty much every basic move (airswipe, watermanipulation, earthblast and fireblast), have a cooldown that is only activated after the move is used for a surtain amount of times.

Probably easier to understand by using exemples, I'm going to use watermanipulation for the exemples, since it is probably the most spammed due to watercampers and will be even easier to spam with the changes that are to came with waterbending:
Spam Cooldown activation: You use a watermanipulation, then you instantly use it a second time and then a third one. After the third time you use it the Spam Cooldown is activated and you will only be able to use it again after 60 seconds (1 minute).
How to avoid activating the Spam Cooldown: You use a watermanipulation, then you instantly use it a second time and then you need to stop using the move for around 15 seconds, you can use other moves during this time, they won't count to activate Spam Cooldown, after the 15 seconds pass you can freely use watermanipulation twice again without activating the Spam Cooldown.

This is how Spam Cooldown would work, every time that I mensioned is configurable by the server, as well as the amount of times you can do a certain move consecutively.

EDIT: I´m thinking of:
Airswipe - 5 times (just because airbender have lack of offensive moves)
Watermanipulation - 4 times
Earthblast - 4 times
FireBlast - 4 times
(not sure though)

The idea of using the Spam Cooldown instead of the normal cooldown is that this way easy basic move can be used 2 or 3 time consecutively as they should (without needing to wait between every use), but this way players that rely too much on using the same move again and again and again... will be penalized not being able to use them for quite a while... :cool:

Last edited:

Migsel

Verified Member
Well, I think the cooldown should be given to the moves that require sources like EarthBlast and WaterManipulation. Fire, maybe. Air, no. Or, we could do it like Super Smash Bros. and make it so that if a move is spammed multiple times, it does less and less damage until it only does half a heart until you have to wait 3 seconds before using it again. But for Air, AirSwipe and AirSweep are he only damaging moves (AirSweep is a combo that still involves AirSwipe). It's hard to not spam these when you are trying to defend yourself.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well, I think the cooldown should be given to the moves that require sources like EarthBlast and WaterManipulation. Fire, maybe. Air, no. Or, we could do it like Super Smash Bros. and make it so that if a move is spammed multiple times, it does less and less damage until it only does half a heart until you have to wait 3 seconds before using it again. But for Air, AirSwipe and AirSweep are he only damaging moves (AirSweep is a combo that still involves AirSwipe). It's hard to not spam these when you are trying to defend yourself.
I think we should do the opposite of what you said with the elements. The nonsources need the cooldown.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
Well both moves that require sources and moves that don't should have "spam cooldowns", each one of the basic moves are highly spammable. o_O
I've seen it being done with each of those and it couldn't be more annoying than be watermanipulated or airswiped. :(
And yes fire needs this as well...
I know airswipe is pretty much the only offensive move for airbenders and that is why it has 1 more move before the cooldown gets activated but it is also highly spammable and air has lots of moves to keep enemies away, I'm sure they can do it until the 10 or 15 seconds pass. ;)

Migsel

Verified Member
I think we should do the opposite of what you said with the elements. The nonsources need the cooldown.
The non-source elements already have cooldowns. FireBlast could maybe get the special cooldown because Firebenders can use other moves, but Air only has AirSwipe and AirSweep. As long as AirSweep doesn't get the cooldown, I suppose AirSwipe could get it.

Migsel

Verified Member
Well both moves that require sources and moves that don't should have "spam cooldowns", each one of the basic moves are highly spammable. o_O
I've seen it being done with each of those and it couldn't be more annoying than be watermanipulated or airswiped. :(
And yes fire needs this as well...
I know airswipe is pretty much the only offensive move for airbenders and that is why it has 1 more move before the cooldown gets activated but it is also highly spammable and air has lots of moves to keep enemies away, I'm sure they can do it until the 10 or 15 seconds pass. ;)
In a battle to the death, 10 or 15 seconds is probably enough to nearly completely heal. It leaves the Airbender offenseless other than doing knockback. Example- Airbender is fighting a Firebender and suddenly, AirSwipe (not sure if AirSweep too) and FireBlast are no longer usable for 10 seconds. Firebender regains 5 hearts and uses all of their other moves while Airbender has to spam AirBlast and AirSuction.

People don't understand Airbenders. #NoDiscrimination4Airbenders

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The non-source elements already have cooldowns. FireBlast could maybe get the special cooldown because Firebenders can use other moves, but Air only has AirSwipe and AirSweep. As long as AirSweep doesn't get the cooldown, I suppose AirSwipe could get it.
Don't forget AirPu... Owh wait I didn't upload dat one :p

BlueGhost

Verified Member
Sure it is configurable ;)
Everything is PK plugin is configurable :p
And no I'm not planning on adding the Spam Cooldown to combos :D

Joeri

Verified Member
The reason watercampers exist? It's pretty obivious. They can't defend themselves on land. People destroy plants and i dont think a waterbender has bottles with them all the time. And it requires to much time to turn around to look at water and select a source, use the move and then fire it at someone

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Giving earthblast a cooldown takes away at least half of an earthbenders offense, seeing as earthsmash has a default chargetime, and shockwave.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
The reason watercampers exist? It's pretty obivious. They can't defend themselves on land. People destroy plants and i dont think a waterbender has bottles with them all the time. And it requires to much time to turn around to look at water and select a source, use the move and then fire it at someone
^

Status
Not open for further replies.