• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Waterbending Suggestion.....Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
Water should be able to cut through some earthbendable blocks! Remember the episode "The Drill"? Aang and Katara used a whip of water to cut through the metal poles that were supporting the drill to make the drill collapse. The same could be done with MC waterbending! Sand would take like 2-3 shots to break, Dirt would take 4-5, Cobblestone would take 6-7, Stone would take 9-10, and metal blocks like Iron blocks, Gold blocks, and Diamond blocks would take about 15-20, and Obsidian would take 50-100 shots though. This would make waterbending a bit more realistic towards the show, and real life!(By the way, the amount of time it takes to break any of the blocks listed could be configured by the owner).
Why its not OP: No one makes bases out of sand, dirt, and especially not metallic blocks. If someone had a base made of any metallic block, they either have xray, are really lucky, or spends hours mining.
Also, EVERY element can do this! In the Sozin's Comet Part:4 Aang used airbending in the avatarstate on a rock pillar and dug right through it. In "The Drill" Aang and Katara used water to cut through the metal braces so the drill will collapse. In some episode of Legend Of Korra (Sorry don't remember) Genzin (Sorry if i spelled that wrong) used a shuriken of lava to rip out of a wooden cage. In "The Chase" Toph made a big wall of earth and Azula made a big hole in the middle with lightning. Its not needed, but its canon to the show.

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
It's kind of unnecessary seeing how your can break just about anything with your fist, and can easily carry any tool you would ever need.

Janny

Verified Member
It's kind of unnecessary seeing how your can break just about anything with your fist, and can easily carry any tool you would ever need.
Its not physically punching the blocks with your fist, you have to actually waterbend. And if you think this would be OP in factions, NO ONE makes their bases out of sand, dirt, or metallic blocks.

Janny

Verified Member
Obsidian would also be something a waterbender could break, maybe after like 50-100 shots though due to their durability.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Its not physically punching the blocks with your fist, you have to actually waterbend. And if you think this would be OP in factions, NO ONE makes their bases out of sand, dirt, or metallic blocks.
In Minecraft you can already break things with your bear hands. You can physically smash your way through a meter of solid rock in a matter of seconds, with your bare hands without even earthbending. You can wear armor made of solid gold, carrying 20,736 bars worth of solid gold, and still sprint and jump as if you weren't carrying anything at all. I get where the idea comes from, but it's not really necessary.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
In Minecraft you can already break things with your bear hands. You can physically smash your way through a meter of solid rock in a matter of seconds, with your bare hands without even earthbending. You can wear armor made of solid gold, carrying 20,736 bars worth of solid gold, and still sprint and jump as if you weren't carrying anything at all. I get where the idea comes from, but it's not really necessary.
IceBlast isn't necessary either then. etc. etc...

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
IceBlast isn't necessary either then. etc. etc...
I'm not saying additions are bad, I'm just saying ones like this one aren't needed. What if the developers just said "screw balance and usefulness! It needs to be all about things that we've seen them do that we can already do" like breaking things with water and earth, or Airbending to open doors, and airbending away redstone dust etc." it's not necessary to the plugin. Explain to me any one logical scenario in which this is the only option.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm not saying additions are bad, I'm just saying ones like this one aren't needed. What if the developers just said "screw balance and usefulness! It needs to be all about things that we've seen them do that we can already do" like breaking things with water and earth, or Airbending to open doors, and airbending away redstone dust etc." it's not necessary to the plugin. Explain to me any one logical scenario in which this is the only option.
A group of zombies is chasing you! You are running and running, but when you look around you, you see there is no where to go! There are a couple of plants, and you see that there is a cave behind you, but it's blocked!
Finn_Bueno_ uses torrent!
*Wall breaks*
It's very effective!
Now you can run again, or use waterwave to flee into the cave!

I'm sure there are more scenarios, o wait!

You just joined a new bending + faction server, and you don't have much stuff yet. You come across a good base, and it's unclaimed. It's in a mountain/underground, so it's surrounded by stone etc. There's no wood to craft anything, so you would have to do it with your bare hands? You're afraid that 1 of the faction members will return soon, so you wanna do it quicker! You use water bending! :D

Best things I could think of^ But I'm sure there is more.

Hmm, I think I know someone who could think of a good scenario :3

@Kiam McQuaid ;)

Joeri

Verified Member
A group of zombies is chasing you! You are running and running, but when you look around you, you see there is no where to go! There are a couple of plants, and you see that there is a cave behind you, but it's blocked!

You just joined a new bending + faction server, and you don't have much stuff yet. You come across a good base, and it's unclaimed. It's in a mountain/underground, so it's surrounded by stone etc. There's no wood to craft anything, so you would have to do it with your bare hands? You're afraid that 1 of the faction members will return soon, so you wanna do it quicker! You use water bending! :D

@Kiam McQuaid ;)
It would take 7 shots to break 1 cobble block, if it's underground i doubt there would be water near

Anyway. Shooting the exact same block with watermani 7 times takes longer to just mine it with your hand

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member

@Kiam McQuaid ;)
If you have water and you're being chased, then why not Attack the zombies? This move is just a shortcut for playing actual minecraft and making tools. And how often do you see a good and unclaimed base? And as stated its easier and quicker to break things with your own hands, and come to think of it, is this even possible for this to work in a plugin? What happens if two people work on a block at the same time?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you have water and you're being chased, then why not Attack the zombies? This move is just a shortcut for playing actual minecraft and making tools. And how often do you see a good and unclaimed base? And as stated its easier and quicker to break things with your own hands, and come to think of it, is this even possible for this to work in a plugin? What happens if two people work on a block at the same time?
I see. You convinced me. I thought it could be cool for smashing people into blocks.

Janny

Verified Member
Why are some saying this shouldn't be for water? EVERY element can do this! In the Sozin's Comet Part:4 Aang used airbending in the avatarstate on a rock pillar and dug right through it. In "The Drill" Aang and Katara used water to cut through the metal braces so the drill will collapse. In some episode of Legend Of Korra (Sorry don't remember) Genzin (Sorry if i spelled that wrong) used a shuriken of lava to rip out of a wooden cage. In "The Chase" Toph made a big wall of earth and Azula made a big hole in the middle with lightning. Its not needed, but its canon to the show.

Janny

Verified Member
Pickle9775, you it would take near 10 minutes to break a block of obsidian with your arms, it takes a bit long to break some of the metallic blocks, and you can just spam water manipulation to break through the blocks faster than you normally can.

Joeri

Verified Member
Pickle9775, you it would take near 10 minutes to break a block of obsidian with your arms, it takes a bit long to break some of the metallic blocks, and you can just spam water manipulation to break through the blocks faster than you normally can.
I doubt there would be water in an underground base. Watermani has 1 sec cooldown meaning 100 hits would take 100 seconds. Thats travell time excluded aswell as personal reaction time. Not to count that youll almost never find an obsidian base near a mega source of water

Janny

Verified Member
I doubt there would be water in an underground base. Watermani has 1 sec cooldown meaning 100 hits would take 100 seconds. Thats travell time excluded aswell as personal reaction time. Not to count that youll almost never find an obsidian base near a mega source of water
Are you serious? This isn't for breaking into bases! This is just to add a touch of reality to bending. Note: I AM NOT SAYING YOU CANNOT USE THIS TO BREAK INTO BASES). And 100 seconds is 1 minute and 40 seconds which is pretty fair for high durable blocks. Unless you have an efficiency V (5) diamond pickaxe, you wont be able to break obsidian that fast. And obsidian bases are not uncommon for very wealthy and powerful factions.
EDIT: Yeah regular diamond pickaxes take like 15 seconds to break obsidian, but some people wont have that luxury to use diamond pickaxes, and watermanipulation doesn't have a cooldown. It can be spammed 2-3 times in a second if your decent at waterbending. And i edited the thread and its not JUST for water anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.