• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water bending and combo expansion~

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
Hi! I'm here to give a few Ideas on Waterbender combos that hopefully won't make waterbending OP.

Combos
Water arm:
This ability turns your torrent into a water tentacle that lunges forward at your enemy, dealing damage and yanking them towards you on impact! 1.Create a torrent and hold shift 2. While holding shift switch to octopusform 3. Still holding shift, left click at your desired target.

Ice claw:
This combo makes surrounding water in the air turn into claws for close combat, dealing an extra 2 damage (Default punches being 1/2 hearts, making ice claw deal 1 1/2 instead) and lasting for 30 seconds. (as fancy as I want it to sound, it'll basically be warrior stance minus the resistance *cries*) 1.Tap shift with icespike 2. left click with icespike 3. tap shift with icespike 4. right click with icespike.

Bending

Vapor
: I find that often times when in a desert, especially in a largebiomes world it becomes very hard, seemingly impossible to find water ANYWHERE. And that is where it struck me: What if water could be extracted from the air? No no no, too OP...but it would be nice. I took some time to think about how to make it not as OP, and I came up with an idea.-------
Vapor isn't it's own thing, but it's a way for waterbenders to still bend without an ACTUAL water source, so it'd probably be a side ability like plant/ice bending. The restrictions for using vapor is that normal moves like Water manipulation and icespike will drop in power, and will take a 2 or more seconds until a smoke indicatior/source block (default right in front of your face) will appear, where then the player is free to shoot the attack.

Torrent redirection: After re watching Hama vs. Katara, I was thinking it would be a cool addition to water bender battles if torrent could be redirected and thrown back at your opponent. Being a potentially spammable ability, I would want to make it as hard as possible but still able to be mastered. If you are to double tap shift on a torrent that is heading towards you (the head of the torrent, not the body) and hold on the last shift it won't crash into you, but instead circle around you for YOU to use instead of the opponent.

New moon: Pretty simple, a new moon shouldn't boost the power of a water bender at all, but instead keep it's power the same as if it were merely day.

EDIT:Increase water manipulation vapor warmup to 3.5 seconds, and make it easily dispelled by other elements. And change the ice claw from 1 1/5 to 1 whole heart

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Vapor: Been suggested before, two seconds warmup watermanipulation could be pretty much match fireblast at mid range, and that would be overpowered considering it is a desert.
Torrent Redirection: Been suggested before, not every water move needs to be redirected.
New Moon: I suggested something similar to that, but new moons still are visible, in real life and minecraft actually, and I don't think they should be the same as day.
Water Arm: Yeah, just a trippy way to add waterarms, you really don't need this as it is already technically in the plugin, skilled and experienced waterbenders can bend torrent from behind the target taking advantage of how torrent follows your cursor and knocking them towards you.
Ice Claw: Waterbenders really don't need much more close combat(I am assuming you know what octopusform is), and that would do more then my suggestion for fire daggers, and it got tons of complaints over it being overpowered, it being a 5 punch kill, this iceclaw has half a heart more damage.

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
New Moon: I suggested something similar to that, but new moons still are visible, in real life and minecraft actually, and I don't think they should be the same as day.
The full moon has no reason to be super powerful in that case, the new moon idea is based of the theory that as the moon phases get close to the full moon it gets stronger. Full moon being the strongest, new moon being the weakest. If the new moon is weakest, it only makes since waterbenders would get little to no bending boost.

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
I agree with this post, but unfortunely, most of the ideas you posted here were already denied. But the New Moon? That's a great idea :D
So if that is the case, can we agree on the new moon giving little to no boost to water bending? And if you wanted to add more realism, water bending could get stronger/weaker with each moon phase. Another smaller suggestion is that firebenders, considering that moonlight is basically indirect sunlight aren't as heavily debuffed then on half or new moons.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
So if that is the case, can we agree on the new moon giving little to no boost to water bending?
Yes.
And if you wanted to add more realism, water bending could get stronger/weaker with each moon phase.
That would be also cool, but difficult to code.
Another smaller suggestion is that firebenders, considering that moonlight is basically indirect sunlight aren't as heavily debuffed then on half or new moons.
No. The Sun is the source of Firebending. At night, as you might know, there is no Sun (at least, where I live). That is the same idea of boosting Waterbending at day because when it is daytime the Moon does still there.

owlcool

Verified Member
The full moon has no reason to be super powerful in that case, the new moon idea is based of the theory that as the moon phases get close to the full moon it gets stronger. Full moon being the strongest, new moon being the weakest. If the new moon is weakest, it only makes since waterbenders would get little to no bending boost.
Another way of looking at it is that the more moonlight there is, the stronger waterbending becomes. There would still be "some" moonlight from a fullmoon, otherwise you couldn't see the black moon.

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
Another way of looking at it is that the more moonlight there is, the stronger waterbending becomes. There would still be "some" moonlight from a fullmoon, otherwise you couldn't see the black moon.
Some but very little, still making the new moon weakest.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think Vapour shouldn't work in deserts if itbwere implanted ,due to the logic that the desert is dry and moisture is less likely to be there

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
I think Vapour shouldn't work in deserts if itbwere implanted ,due to the logic that the desert is dry and moisture is less likely to be there
That imo is the only place where it shouldn't work, or at least it would have a super long warmup of like 7 seconds or something

owlcool

Verified Member
That imo is the only place where it shouldn't work, or at least it would have a super long warmup of like 7 seconds or something
Saavaana, mesa, plateau, the hell, sky, need I go on and say more biomes that shouldn't have watermanipulation work from the air? Need I state that the vapor in the air would get considerably drier once a watermanipulation has been performed?

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
Saavaana, mesa, plateau, the hell, sky, need I go on and say more biomes that shouldn't have watermanipulation work from the air? Need I state that the vapor in the air would get considerably drier once a watermanipulation has been performed?
If that's th
I always wondered how is the End... Cold, hot?
The end seems to make its own light, and has no visible sun so I guess we can assume it's very cold. Also, being ender man paradise I doubt any water at all is present in it

owlcool

Verified Member
If that's th

The end seems to make its own light, and has no visible sun so I guess we can assume it's very cold. Also, being ender man paradise I doubt any water at all is present in it
You contradict yourself a bit there. The actual "temperature" of the end is actually hotter then stone beach, which usually has a stream of lava, extreme hills, and taiga. With it being hotter and having less water then where Hama actually did the trick, we can assume that it is basically the equivalent of a desert, if not slightly drier and colder. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Biomes

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
You contradict yourself a bit there. The actual "temperature" of the end is actually hotter then stone beach, which usually has a stream of lava, extreme hills, and taiga. With it being hotter and having less water then where Hama actually did the trick, we can assume that it is basically the equivalent of a desert, if not slightly drier and colder. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Biomes
My apologies, yeah you're right.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Stone beach having a little bit of lava wouldn't make it hot.. And extreme hills would be cold because you know they are all high up and what not..
The End has a temp of .5, while a plains biome is .8.. I think the End is like a moderate temperature, almost like you'd have it airconditioned on a warm summer day in the prairie lands :D

Status
Not open for further replies.