• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WillPower - Bloodbending Resist combo..? (or a blood bending fix or option..?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
My first suggestion is that, we all know there are cheapos out there who spam blood bending and are worthless benders who just pay to win, and maybe there can be a config out there that it says if a blood bent player is successfully able to hit the blood bender 1 - 2 times the blood bender will lose the grip and the cool down will kick in so that no one on a server with blood bending can complain (me)

So maybe this can be added to help fix op-ness everywhere..? As a FIX or a Config thing

OR alternatively (this idea/version is not recommended)

Element: Universal
Combo: (doesn't matter what slot) // (shift) 1 - 10 times (while clicking rapidly)
Cooldown: Maybe it can vary per person..? (I don't know how configs work don't badger me)

So, basically I don't know if this can legitimately be coded into a combo or something, but I was wondering if there was a way that benders or chi blockers can basically avoid a cheap pay to win who uses blood bending to throw you away or to restrain you while someone else hits you and kills you (Cheap people: you know who you are -_-)

As we all know (hopefully) we've seen Mako break the grip of blood bending from Amon without the usage of Avatar State.. er and thats all the proof I can give as of now because I can't think of anyone else who broke through Amon's blood bending grip on him who wasn't an avatar or Katara

BUT, maybe like since we are automatically triggered to rapidly shift and click we can do it in a varying combo or something so that it kicks in and you can break free from the blood bender? Because I'm sure we all have encountered someone who spams blood bending to you know.. be cheap.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I personally like the idea of you losing grip if attacked while blood bending.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think the bender could have 25% of breaking free. With 40% more if the user is weak (starting with 3.5 health). When they one of this probability, they can bend their way out of it by hitting the bloodbender (such as what mako did).

'1&2 hits (to the victim) - bloodbend lost' is also another idea that could be inplanted for the sake of balance.

Adding both of these features (especally the last one), should greatly, but properly nerf it so that the ability is still useful

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I think the bender could have 25% of breaking free. With 40% more if the user is weak (starting with 3.5 health). When they one of this probability, they can bend their way out of it by hitting the bloodbender (such as what mako did).

'1&2 hits (to the victim) - bloodbend lost' is also another idea that could be inplanted for the sake of balance.

Adding both of these features (especally the last one), should greatly, but properly nerf it so that the ability is still useful
Please don't bring RNGesus into the bending plugin

My first suggestion is that, we all know there are cheapos out there who spam blood bending and are worthless benders who just pay to win, and maybe there can be a config out there that it says if a blood bent player is successfully able to hit the blood bender 1 - 2 times the blood bender will lose the grip and the cool down will kick in so that no one on a server with blood bending can complain (me)

So maybe this can be added to help fix op-ness everywhere..? As a FIX or a Config thing

OR alternatively (this idea/version is not recommended)

Element: Universal
Combo: (doesn't matter what slot) // (shift) 1 - 10 times (while clicking rapidly)
Cooldown: Maybe it can vary per person..? (I don't know how configs work don't badger me)

So, basically I don't know if this can legitimately be coded into a combo or something, but I was wondering if there was a way that benders or chi blockers can basically avoid a cheap pay to win who uses blood bending to throw you away or to restrain you while someone else hits you and kills you (Cheap people: you know who you are -_-)

As we all know (hopefully) we've seen Mako break the grip of blood bending from Amon without the usage of Avatar State.. er and thats all the proof I can give as of now because I can't think of anyone else who broke through Amon's blood bending grip on him who wasn't an avatar or Katara

BUT, maybe like since we are automatically triggered to rapidly shift and click we can do it in a varying combo or something so that it kicks in and you can break free from the blood bender? Because I'm sure we all have encountered someone who spams blood bending to you know.. be cheap.
I like the idea of being able to break the grip of bloodbending, I think that once you start getting bloodbent, you have a 4-5 second window at the start of being bloodbent to charge up a move. For Fire: Lightning, Earth: Shockwave?, Air: AirBurst
Water: maybe torrent if you have enough water bottles in your inventory.

All of these moves should be drastically nerfed if you use them to break out of the grip, and bbending should also have it so it'll stop if you get hit at all, really.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Shockwave, torrent tsunami and airburst shouldn't. Watermanipulation, icespike, iceblast, surge, airswipe, combustion, catapult (out) should disable it. Chi should throw out something such as smokescreen directly at the blood benders if its selected beforehand (hiding the bomb in the clenched hand, and since bloodbender has no use in bending fingers, the bomb can be thrown away smw at least with the wrist).

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Water: maybe torrent if you have enough water bottles in your inventory.
Water should automatically be stronger against bloodbending, I mean Katara was able to withstand Hama without being a bloodbender,
Not to mention that would add a dependency on water bottles in the inventory.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Water should automatically be stronger against bloodbending, I mean Katara was able to withstand Hama without being a bloodbender,
Not to mention that would add a dependency on water bottles in the inventory.
That was because Katara was a master bloodbender, and that was normal bloodbending that can be achieved by any good waterbender on the full moon- it wasn't something special like Amon's, which seems to be the bloodbending the plugin uses.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
RNGesu-a what now?

EDIT: Googled, so nvm. Urban Dictionary said it all: Well, RPG has a chance system for assigning elements and sub-skills, so what do you find wrong in mine?
RNG's choosing system isn't any better either, if some servers aren't completely set up, you can be assigned to an unwanted element.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
RNG's choosing system isn't any better either, if some servers aren't completely set up, you can be assigned to an unwanted element.
How about 15 clicks
That was because Katara was a master bloodbender, and that was normal bloodbending that can be achieved by any good waterbender on the full moon- it wasn't something special like Amon's, which seems to be the bloodbending the plugin uses.
Nope, Katara just simple had BloodShield ability bound to her slot. Tarrlok is a master bloodbender (seeing that its advance it doesn't need to performed during fullmoon), but he didn't had BloodShield bind on (irl case - he wasn't taught to know that skill), so that's why he losed in a "no be bloodbend" contest.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
I thought that was the main issue you have for bloodbending?
Yeah you're talking about hitting them like 15 times and the other person is making you depend on bottles when in reality, all I want is for you to be able to hit the blood bender a couple of times so that you can break their grip and you can bend freely again to remove bloodbending's OP'ness

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
I said when they're rapid clicking, not getting hit. If I were bloodbend, rapid clicking air or anything 15 times should allow me to break free from the Bloodbend.

Or, if I get injured 2 times I should break free.
Anyone can rapidly click in the air to break free but I feel like yes, if you're hit 2 times you get released || Also I feel like if I were hit 2 times and or if I hit the blood bender 2 - 4 times I will get to break free from their grip

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No she hadn't learned bloodbending yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.