• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Why does Ice = Slowness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
Note: This is not a suggestion for a move. Its a suggestion to make icebending moves that do damage and not just slow you.

If any of you have noticed, the recent icebending moves revolve around slowness. Why?
Icebending is a sub-element that was mostly shown in season 2 of Avatar: Legend of Korra and in all 3 seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender, lets see some pictures:
search.jpg
imgres.jpg
images.jpg
See the second picture? Our version of icespike does very low damage and gives slowness.
IceShards: Oh you wanted a cool move? F*** you! You get to throw small packed ice blocks that don't do damage just slow you! Why? IceShards sounds like something that would hurt not slow you!
IceClaws: I love the animation and how this move works, but why does it only do 1 and 1/2 hearts? They are LITERALLY claws of ice! If you got stabbed in the throat with claws made of ice, it would at LEAST do 2 - 2 1/2 but have a longer cooldown.
The only icebending move that I can think of that can do good damage in bending PVP would be iceblast (love iceblast).
What I am trying to say is that when we get some icebending moves, please don't give it an amazing name and make it sound like something that would pierce straight threw your heart, but then just does like 1 heart and gives immense slowness.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I think it has a lot to do with the concept of freezing but not to a point of immobilization. It's shown several times in the video games, but very few in the actual show.

Hero

Verified Member
I think it has a lot to do with the concept of freezing but not to a point of immobilization. It's shown several times in the video games, but very few in the actual show.
I think that when ice spike hits you, blood should come out of you and it would be an instant kill......jk

KnRealm

Verified Member
I couldn't agree more! I suggested an ability earlier (on a different forum) Called Ice Blade, while it still had a slow the ability's purpose was to make a blade of ice that is actually used for you know stabbing things

orfeas

Verified Member
I honestly do not know why ice moves give you slowness.The only thing i can think of is that iceshards would trap your clothes in a wall...but that is not the case in mc pvp,so yeah i agree with you.I think that this is because there is a general though that ice slows you,like how it is shocked in every video game that has ice magic,but bending is far,far,far different from the concept of magic.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm going to go and find gifs of all the times where people got their feet frozen in ice..

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Have you ever had somebody peg a chunk of solid ice at you? You aren't sprinting after that.

Another possible way to think of it is it does little damage because it is in little shards of sharp ice that cause minor puncture wounds, but impair your movement. Like Senbon

Sorin

Verified Member
Yeah I really don't see a reason for slowness. I get the idea of hitting someone wit ha solid object and slowing them but, how does it "freeze" them? Doesn't seem to logical, it's like saying if someone throws an icecube at you, it would freeze you, it would hurt, but it wouldn't impair your movement. I'd be happy with a config to turn on and off slowness.

6tijn

Verified Member
Umm, I think it's because otherwhise it would be a useless move. It only deals +- 0.5 demage.
If the slowness would be taken away the demage should be 1.5 +-.

promancer

Verified Member
Have you ever had somebody peg a chunk of solid ice at you? You aren't sprinting after that.

Another possible way to think of it is it does little damage because it is in little shards of sharp ice that cause minor puncture wounds, but impair your movement. Like Senbon
Not a good argument, because then you have to consider if it applies to the other elements. Being hit with a boulder is going to give you a CONCUSSION. Having a small tsunami will probably do this aswell. Your argument is the Titanic and I am the iceberg. Hopefully you can salvage enough of your points to continue this discussion because your ship is going down.

Hero

Verified Member
Not a good argument, because then you have to consider if it applies to the other elements. Being hit with a boulder is going to give you a CONCUSSION. Having a small tsunami will probably do this aswell. Your agrument is the Titanic and I am the iceberg. Hopefully you can salvage enough of your points to continue this discussion because your ship is going down.
OOOOOOOH You just got burned.....from frostbite!?

Status
Not open for further replies.