• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Which element lines up the most with your personality?

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hey all - so my real life friends and I have been on a nostalgia kick with Avatar: The Last Airbender. We all found this test not too long ago (it's length, 100+ questions), but will tell you which element lines up best with your personality.

What I'm curious to know is which element do you think lines up most with your personality (you can take the test)? Is it different than what you expected?

Here's the test: http://www.playbuzz.com/jeremyr11/avatar-the-last-airbender-your-element#half

Fun fact: My small-ish friend group (4 of us) actually each tested a different element.

I'll start:

The test gave me Firebending, I tend to agree. I'm more of a Type A personality and a "hot head" at times (The staff / former staff members will know). If I had to have a secondary element for my personality type it would be Air probably.

ernest9

I got Water. I'm quite an "adaptable" person and I also love the element. My second element would definitely be Air.

Loony

I got Earthbending and I somewhat agree, because I'm sorta like a Firebender in the way that I'm assertive and have a kind of 'business-minded' personality.

I agree with being an Earthbender because it's my fighting style, whether that's arguments or actual fights. I wait and then respond.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
I got Earthbending and I somewhat agree, because I'm sorta like a Firebender in the way that I'm assertive and have a kind of 'business-minded' personality.

I agree with being an Earthbender because it's my fighting style, whether that's arguments or actual fights. I wait and then respond.
but do you have Earthbender hands

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Water. Don't think it's accurate.
I got Water as well which I don't exactly see. Personally, I see myself on the Earth or Fire spectrum, but not as a typical everyday ground stomping earth bender or raging firebender. According to this "clause", I'd be more along the lines of bending Lava or possibly Lightning almost exclusively.

Does this not feel right?
Remember, you know yourself better than any person or test. This test would likely tell Korra she's a firebender, but she knows her connection to water regardless.
But maybe we're on the right track.
Do you feel closer to air? Perhaps you're a cloud or mist bender and you could learn a mix of Tai Chi and Ba Gua Zhang.
Feel closer to earth? Perhaps you're a lavabender, in which case you could learn Baji Quan. Or maybe you're a plantbender, which could be the Wing Chun style.
Drawn to fire? You could scald your opponents with steam with a bit of influence from Northern Shaolin Kung Fu, or on the other end of the spectrum you could bend lightning almost exclusively.
Only you can decide that.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I got Water as well which I don't exactly see. Personally, I see myself on the Earth or Fire spectrum, but not as a typical everyday ground stomping earth bender or raging firebender. According to this "clause", I'd be more along the lines of bending Lava or possibly Lightning almost exclusively.
Likewise. I don't think mine is too bad, though. As I always try to be calm and collected before rushing into things. So in that aspect I think mine lines up but who knows.

Also that was a VERY long test lol. Over 100 questions...? Geez

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
110 questions before it told me something I already knew. I give the creator kudos for putting that much time in figuring out how to connect all the questions

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Now the real question is, could there be a correlation between personalities/elements and members of the ProjectKorra community?

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Now the real question is, could there be a correlation between personalities/elements and members of the ProjectKorra community?
The correlation would either be very insignificant, or it would be nearly impossible to graph using our Cartesian coordinate system. Or you also have the probability of it not being a function of which you can find the correlation.

I got water! I personally would say I'm a waterbender, but not if it comes to PK, because PK's waterbending and the waterbending from the show aren't quite alike if you'd ask me.