• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

What will win in a fight? A whip or a sword?

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
It takes 2 mins on average to bleed out and die if somehow this whip breaks your skin and severs a major artery. Whip loses, plain and simple. i am sprinting at you with a sword, you get maybe 1 whip in by the time i reach you. Then i can sever a limb, slice and dice you up, ect. you simply cannot win here, there is a reason that Warfare never had a random leather whip being used.
I don't think you understand how whips work. A snap in a whip is literally the rope breaking the sound barrier, which can break bones. A swordsman can't approach without the risk of broken limbs.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Amesthyst vs. Pearl? How about we make this settle and more interesting: Waterbending vs Airbending?

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
It isn't possible or practical to grapple other people's swords with a whip, and even if this happened you would be put at a disadvantage. If they grab the whip with their offhand, you can easily either be
a : pulled closer to your enemy, results in death
or
b : disarmed and have no weapon, still die

There's a reason most armies throughout history have used swords instead of other crazy weapons, a sword is easy to pick up and swing around, while using a whip with any effectiveness would take many more years of training, and still be at a disadvantage to anyone with a sword.

Oh and if someone wanted to kill people from a high range, they would just use a bow , which easily beats a sword in almost every situation ^-^
conclusion : farmer joe with a sword would be able to kill a 10+ years experienced whip user

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
It isn't possible or practical to grapple other people's swords with a whip, and even if this happened you would be put at a disadvantage. If they grab the whip with their offhand, you can easily either be
or

There's a reason most armies throughout history have used swords instead of other crazy weapons, a sword is easy to pick up and swing around, while using a whip with any effectiveness would take many more years of training, and still be at a disadvantage to anyone with a sword.

Oh and if someone wanted to kill people from a high range, they would just use a bow , which easily beats a sword in almost every situation ^-^
conclusion : farmer joe with a sword would be able to kill a 10+ years experienced whip user
I think an expert whip user could defeat an swordsman. Watch the video of Adam Crack I posted on the last page.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I remember a seen from a anime, where the girl tried to choke another person by wrapping the whip the around the neck tighly. Thats another possibility of killing the target.

HydroMan

Verified Member
or

Unless the farmer is noob, he wouldn't have a chance to kill the boy, becuz his more experience then him. :p

Last edited:

Joeri

Verified Member
If it's a regular whip, i would try to grab it out of the air or when its hitting me, pull the person towards me and slice him up

Still, depends on skill - and details

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
If it's a regular whip, i would try to grab it out of the air or when its hitting me, pull the person towards me and slice him up

A whip crack can break bones, so grabbing is not advised.

Yeah, it depends on skill.

HydroMan

Verified Member

What if I tried to choke you with it. What would you then? You wouldn't be able to pick up because it is around your neck wrapped, tightly while im pulling it.

Joeri

Verified Member
Yeah? I'm pretty sure he could do that to your arm. I'm pretty sure you would be screwed. Whip Wins.
Yea and as you see, that requires high amounts of practise. thus it's all really dependant on the skill level