• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

What will win in a fight? A whip or a sword?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Throw the whip, wrap around the sword with it, then pull the whip to pull the sword to you.
Conclusion: Whip wins. :D

Preston M

Verified Member
This guy is at the ren faire by where I live every year, and I think he can convince you otherwise.
Go to 11:50
It doesnt really matter, he cant kill you with the whip, he can only wound you... When punishing people with whips in the early days of humanity, people bled out, they didnt die because the whip impaled them. Plus, you assume that the person with the sword doesnt just bum rush you.

HydroMan

Verified Member
It doesnt really matter, he cant kill you with the whip, he can only wound you... When punishing people with whips in the early days of humanity, people bled out, they didnt die because the whip impaled them. Plus, you assume that the person with the sword doesnt just bum rush you.
They can still bleed to death if constanly smacking them with the whip, however it is slower then swinging a sword a couple of times ir even one.

Preston M

Verified Member
They can still bleed to death if constantly smacking them with the whip, however it is slower then swinging a sword a couple of times ir even one.
It takes 2 mins on average to bleed out and die if somehow this whip breaks your skin and severs a major artery. Whip loses, plain and simple. i am sprinting at you with a sword, you get maybe 1 whip in by the time i reach you. Then i can sever a limb, slice and dice you up, ect. you simply cannot win here, there is a reason that Warfare never had a random leather whip being used.

Preston M

Verified Member
Then on a hilt. It wouldn't slide of if the hilt's wings is blocking the path of the blade
Most swords in history look like this:

not like this:

There isnt something to latch onto that is far enough away from their hand that will not be impeded by the hand.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Most swords in history look like this:
The ring thing that is apart from the hint could be latch onto it with the whip. Also the umbrella thing or whachamacallit below could be latch on around it without still slipping onto the blade.

Preston M

Verified Member
The ring thing that is apart from the hint could be latch onto it with the whip. Also the umbrella thing or whachamacallit below could be latch on around it without still slipping onto the blade.
The Hand-guard is literally touching your knuckle, you aren't going to wrap anything around that. and the ring is from the sheeth not the actual sword.