• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

We need sandbending

You like this idea on the plugin?

• Yes

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • NO!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • That's a horrible idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
Well what i was thinking is, we have lavabending on earthbending so why don't make a new bending on the plugin the sandbending? Yeah i know some of you are thinking: Why should there have sandbending if we already can bend in the sand? Well first read the abilitys and read my explanation

SandWave: Similar to shockwave ability, this ability create a wave of sand
to use it, just sneak (default shift) in a source block (sand) and then click the direction you want, you will shoot a wave of sand,
similar to shockwave but smaller and faster 2 blocks wide, 2 blocks height,
it is weaker than the shockwave, but is more faster than it you can also change the direction the wave is going, and you can charge, just press and hold the sneak button, then when a smoke appears release it, a giant wave of sand 4 blocks wide 4 blocks height will be launched, but charged waves can't change the direction (need to be in a
sand bendable block to this work) it have a cooldown of 1 second, as it don't do so much damage.

SandTorrent: It's the junction of earthblast and torrent, to use it
just press the crouch button (default shift) in a sand bendable block
when it's selected, click on the target you want, a block of sand followed
by big stream of sand will be launched in the target, it's weaker than
the torrent and earthblast abilitys, but it's faster and have a bigger range
than both, it also have a bigger stream of sand than torrent stream of water
and if a enemie touch it he will get slow effect you can also change the direction of the blast.

Defensive

Absorption: A ability that absorb water and fire attacks, to use, just
crouch looking on a sand bendable block, when selected just click on the
direction of were you want to shoot, if it touch the water the water attack
(torrent, watermanipulation) the water attack will disappear and the sand block
will fall down and disappear too, if touch fire, the fire will disappear and turn the sand into glass, but if used against airswipe the air will disappear, but it also knock the sand back to you, hurting you, only if you dodge this. If you click with that without using the sneak button, a wall of sand, 3 blocks wide 4 blocks height will rise from the ground, protecting you against all blasts, but it will fall back to the ground after 4 seconds, making this a fast defensive move, also it not protect you against airswipe.
Mobility

SandRun: This ability make you run faster in the sand, to use it just run and then left click, you will start to run faster and will left a temporaly stream of sand where you go
this ability is temporaly and you will only run faster for 10 seconds, it have the same
cooldown as firejet

SurfingSand: This ability looks like firejet, but more slower and it is more longer and use sand blocks, when you click on where you want to go you will ''surf'' to where you are looking with a path of sand following you it is temporaly, and it stop after 6 seconds, when it stop you will fall back to the ground and all the sand path created too, it have the cooldown of 3 seconds

Passives

Decreased Hunger Food is not a easy thing to find in the desert
that's why the sandbenders have to adapt.

BreakGround: Like the earthbenders can bend in sand, sandbenders can bend
in earth, to use this just crouch when looking to a earth block, the block will turn into
Sand and then you can bend it.

well those are the abilitties, and now i will explain why i think you should add the sandbending
1: the earth attacks are too solid and can't you dont bend sand even using sand blocks
2: the reason that you dont bend sand even with sand blocks is that wen you use any of the earth attacks
the sand is turned into arenite, solid earth

Now why dont just add the ability's on the earth bending slots?
1: The fact that will be too OP if 7 new abilitys be added in the earthbending slot's
2: In the show The Last Airbender the sandbenders are originally earthbenders who learned how to
bend a not solid earth, that means they were earthbenders but generations of sandbenders have been passed, so they probably don't even know how to bend solid earth so well
3: SandBending is the reverse of earthbending, cause it's not solid earth, and the bending style is inspired on air and water bending.

So that's why i think this should be a separated bending, cause even being earthbending ist's really different, even lavabending look's more like earthbending, but if even with that explanation,
you prefer to add to earth bending i hope you add some of that skills

But i really hope you guys create this as a new type of bending to the plugin
i just hope sandbenders don't be forgotten

Last edited:

Sketz

Verified Member
Uh... tbh, i don't seen how sandbending would be a work in this bending prject, only because there is earth, and this is minecraft, earth can bend sand, so.. also, idk about other servers, but most have there bending arena set where they don't lose hunger, idk. I mean, i don't see this having a lot of moves, or being sand, with being around... like this bending an element, because people might say that it's just a copy of earth, but only a tad-bit different

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
Uh... tbh, i don't seen how sandbending would be a work in this bending prject, only because there is earth, and this is minecraft, earth can bend sand, so.. also, idk about other servers, but most have there bending arena set where they don't lose hunger, idk. I mean, i don't see this having a lot of moves, or being sand, with being around... like this bending an element, because people might say that it's just a copy of earth, but only a tad-bit different
the annoying is that when u use any earth ability in the sand it will not sand bend, will only turn it into arenite, like i explained after the ability list like if u use shockwave it will only create a arenite shockwave and turn everithing around into arenite that means no sand =,(

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
I don't think earth needs any more moves until all the elements have new moes as well.
no man im not saying to add this to earth, as i explained after the abilitys list it would be too OP and then i explained why it would be better being a separated bending

Sketz

Verified Member
the annoying is that when u use any earth ability in the sand it will not sand bend, will only turn it into arenite, like i explained after the ability list
like when it turns to sandstone? Um.. if that's what you mean, then i still find the action pointless, because it's only changing the block type. :I

Sketz

Verified Member
wait, i didn't say that you're adding it to earth, i'm saying that it's pointless beacause it is basically like earth, only a tad different, if you know what i'm saying <.<

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
wait, i didn't say that you're adding it to earth, i'm saying that it's pointless beacause it is basically like earth, only a tad different, if you know what i'm saying <.<
no i replied xXturbokidXx not you he was saying im adding moves to earthbending i'm not only if the staff prefer to do that

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
like when it turns to sandstone? Um.. if that's what you mean, then i still find the action pointless, because it's only changing the block type. :I
not just changing the block, it make a different bending style too, as the sandbending was made inspired on air and water bending it make it a more fast and flexible style of combat it dont have same damage as earth and the moves in the show are really different looking more like water made of earth

Sketz

Verified Member
Ah, Alright, in in this case, i will try to support you, to see if this works out with the devs, I'll "Yes" to it ^-^

Btw... can ik what you think on my "RockSlide" or "WaterSeal" ?, I am mainly aiming torwards -WaterSeal-

Sketz

Verified Member
Ah, Alright, in in this case, i will try to support you, to see if this works out with the devs, I'll "Yes" to it ^-^

Btw... can ik what you think on my "RockSlide" or "WaterSeal" ?, I am mainly aiming torwards -WaterSeal-

Fck! LoL!, i can't change my vote i'm very sorry, i still support your idea!!

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
I mentioned an idea for sand bending that is totally different from the other earth moves in my random ideas thread. you could take a look. http://projectkorra.com/threads/some-random-new-moves-all-elements.419/ I dont think this sand moves should be afded actually because they are almost the same as the already existing earth moves.
as i already said it's not to add to the earthbending slots, it's a new type of bending idea, i know it's still earthbending, but if add all of this abilitys in the earthbending slot it should be too OP, and the sandbending combat style is really different than earth, as earth shoot rocks and create walls and other rock attacks, sandbending like in the TLA show use waves of sand and some other attacks that look's more like water and air, im not making this idea to add on earthbending, im just doing a idea of a new bending

V

Vidcom

Sand is a SUB of earth, and definitely not seen in the plugin currently. The style of sandbenders seen is very much in a style of airbenders mixed with earth, due to the more fluid nature of the sand, so "earth can bend sand" is true but not strictly. In the same way, water CAN bend ice, but it doesn't much have by way of ice moves. I am hoping to get a sandbending sub in it's full entirety pushed through, but this will be a very long time away because we have literally like just done Metal and LavaSurge and junk. Let the other elements have their turn :p

Status
Not open for further replies.