• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied WaterSlash/Waterslice

Do you support this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Only if it gets improved (please tell what you think must change!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member
WaterSlash/Waterslice (Name can be changed if needed)

How it works:
Go to the "WaterSlice/WaterSlash" slot. (The slot could be combined with an existing move)
Left click any watersource (The selection of a watersource has the same radius as Torrent) Then Let go the Left-Click and hold Shift. A 1x1 waterblock will come into your derection. When it reaches you (You must still hold Shift) The water will become flat and thin and start floating around you (Similar to Torrent). While you still hold Shift, you can left-click in any derection, A thin "WaterSlice/Waterslash" Will be fired in that derection. It'd deal 1,0 demage, and have a knockback.

Charging Abilty: When you have selected a watersource and used it, you can hold Shift for a longer time, to charge it. The charging would take aslong as the charged version of "AirSwipe". It would not deal more demage, it'd only have a larger range and greater width. The charging can be leaved out, if not balanced or needed.

Would it be OP?
: No, if this move could be added, I'd think it would be fair to decrease the demage of WaterManipulation with -0,5. In this way, a waterbender will have 3 offensive moves: Torrent(for large distances), WaterSlice/WaterSlash (for creating more distance between the waterbender and his opponent), WaterManipulation(For dealing direct demage). As WaterManipulation will become slighly less powerfull,
fights between waterbenders can become more variable, with more tactics. Now, if you are attacked by a waterbender using WaterManipulation, you mostly have to redirect watermanipulation. If you switch to another move like OctopusForm(Wich takes a lot time to set up.) you'd get hitted many times by your opponent's WaterManip attacks before you can resist. This causes a lot waterbender fights to turn into a spammy WaterManip fight. If WaterSlice would be added, and WaterManip would be less powerfull, benders more likely have to use more diverse strategies, instead of having to spam click WaterManipulation.

Examples of the move: I have seen this move getting used a few times in both series: TLA adn TLK.
Here is a link to a video on YouTube, Katara uses something a like at 17:15.

Images: This is to give you an idea how I have in mind how it'd look:

1: Selecting WaterSlash/WaterSlice: Yellow Wool: Maximum select radius.
2014-09-06_18.18.55.png

2: While Holding Shift: The source is selected and made it to the bender, it is now ready shoot. 2014-09-06_18.19.05.png

3: When you just left-clicked: The circel of water around you broke, and forms an arch. 4: 0.5 seconds later after shooting: The thin arch is launched towards the derection you clicked. 5: 1.0 seconds later after shooting: it reaches its max range and dissapears.
2014-09-06_18.19.16.png 2014-09-06_18.19.30.png 2014-09-06_18.19.36.png

6: The Thinness of the WaterSlash/Waterslice:
It'd exist out of a thin layer of water. (slightly similar too 'AirSwipe'2014-09-06_18.20.01.png

7: The charged WaterSlash/WaterSlice:
IF it would have a charged abilty it would have a slightly larger range and width.2014-09-06_18.19.49.png

If you think this needs improvment, more balance or anything, just comment, negative and possitive! I'd like to add and balance this move.

I hope you like it! :)

Majorite

Verified Member
Nice post and ability, but I don't really think this should be added. I think this is too much of a copy of Torrent. This is a good ability for waterbenders, it just doesn't seem that it should be implemented. Sorry. Also, welcome to the forums.

6tijn

Verified Member
Nice post and ability, but I don't really think this should be added. I think this is too much of a copy of Torrent. This is a good ability for waterbenders, it just doesn't seem that it should be implemented. Sorry. Also, welcome to the forums.
Hm... I agree about the Torrent a-likeness. What if It'd more work like IceSpike and WaterManip, like you select a watersource with shift and use left click to shoot it at the derection you want instead of the charge part? If it works that way, I think, the move could be combined with the OctopusForm slot. Because you use left-click to activate OctopusForm, and you could use shift to use WaterSlice/WaterSplash. In this way you don't have to loose a move to be able to use this new idea. Should I edit, and if I do so, would it improve it in a good way?

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Marking it as denied. While I do appreciate the screenshots to explain the ability, and the thought put into the suggestion, this does have too much similarity to existing Waterbending abilities. (WaterManip + Torrent)

Status
Not open for further replies.