• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Watermanipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
Move: Watermanipulation

As of now Watermanipulation isn't that much of a used ability, and it should be the most use one of them all. It has so much potential to be a multi ability like waterarms is.

This move will be activated by clicking and a new set of binds will show up like waterarms does. To deactivate hold shift and click 3 times while still shifting.

So here are my ideas for the new Watermanipulation.

Slot 1:
Shift on a water source and click in the direction to hit your target (same as it is now.) It will also have a short range.

Slot 2:
Tap shift on a water source to bring a 3 long water stream that will follow you by your side. Click to shoot it very fast, will do 1.5 hearts, and click to freeze it, will only freeze the 3 long part and can't be phasechanged but will disappear in 10 seconds. Is very redirectable like torrent. This can be used to quickly block moves by holding shift while the water is by your side and a 2 block high water wall will be infront of you, when let go it will go back to your side. Has a long range.

Slot 3:
Click a water source and hold shift to create a 3 by 3 disc of half blocks of water infront of you. Let go of shift to shoot at your target and will do 2 hearts. Can cut down spiderwebs and doors. Has a medium range.

Slot 4:
Hold shift for 2 seconds and a 2 by 2 water ball will follow your mouse, this can be used as a shield to block all moves that don't go through water, and can be thrown at a target to give huge knock back by clicking.

Slot 5:
Click a water source and then hold shift until a sideways icicle shaped ice formation forms infront of you. When let go of shift the ice spike thing will be thrown and drill anything in its path, for 10 blocks, the hole will have an X shape. This would be good to get through an earthbenders wall or if they are hiding in a cave, or to get your trapped friend out of a trap an earthbender made. And can be used to hit a target which will do 2.5 hearts. This has a long cooldown!

Slot 6:
While in the water click to "surf" on the surface. You will be right above the water with a half a block of water below you and a 3 high wave will be following you. This will also allow you to go 5 blocks off out of the water before disappearing.

Slot 7:
Click at a water source an shift to pick up that water block, and it will follow by your side. Right click where you want to place it. (This move can be taken off by a server owner because of griefing.)

Slot 8:
Hold shift on a block of water and then click in the direction you want the water to start flowing.

This Ability manipulates water on a smaller scale. Basically, a waterbender with it can create, change and calm a water current he/she choooses. On one epizode called "The Waterbending Scroll", it briefly showed the ability in action three times - First technique Katara started training Aang with; than later on by both of them to set the ship off the shore to sail away, and finally they used it to stop the ship dives into the waterwall. While it would have no purpose in sparrs, it would help the bender it a survival gameplay.

Process
While sailing on a boat, a waterbender could left click on water to make the origin from the current. The User can hold shift to change (or create if the water is stationary) the direction of water's current where the crossheir is swinged at and the blocks that gets contacts with, without the player spawing out of the boat. Left Clicking the current one will make the water stiatonary

Potential
  • Helps to speed or change the course of the boat, by manipulating the current.
  • Allows to fix variety pool/ponds/fountains without need of grabbing a bucket (a bit silly for a waterbender to do that without using their powers).
  • Makes streamable item transportation water funnels systems easier.
  • Gives one more sole utility ability for waterbending
  • Gives a waterbender more confidende of the new power they wield, which obviously makes them more powerfull a bit.

The first four moves are designed to use in a quick combat fight because most water moves right now can't be used against air or chi.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Ability 2could be integrated into WaterArms

Ability 3 what's the point of Ability 1 then?

Ability's 4th shoot feature could be integrated into Surge ability

Ability 5 is better off as a standalone ability

Ability 6 could be a passive for the replacement of current swiftswim.

Ability 7 could go to Ability 1 since it doesn't interfere with it.

Ability 8 isn't logical, because how would a waterbender have the capability to augment the waterblock in size? Unless you mean to calm the flowing current that it has to none.

I don't see how watermanipulation is related to 2-6 abilities in any way, except for name which makes the ability no different from the blast and swipe counterparts.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
You do notice these abilities are technically there own? I mean it has a good balance of offense, defense, utility, and a traveling move. So why not instead make some suggestions that would be good to replace some of the moves instead of saying they are bad.

And btw don't say some of these would be good as a stand alone ability is is Watermanipulation!!!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I do notice it, but you must ask yourself how they are beneficial and not just a rip off's from beneficial ones? 3rd ability like I said, it is nothing less, nothing more than just a watermanipulation. If you want to have a waiting attack, use torrent then, which deals the same amount of damage. Why do we need unnecessary ability if you can the existing one for that. The Plugin's Concept Developers are here to accept new abilities that aren't just rip offs from the current one's with the exception of its look.

So why not instead make some suggestions that would be good to replace some of the moves instead of saying they are bad.
If you want to replace them, ask them to replace the current one instead of posting a rip off.
And btw don't say some of these would be good as a stand alone ability is is Watermanipulation!!!
If you think it is good for it to be intregrated into watermanipulation, then please elaborate. I would like to hear your input if you want to convince me to think otherwise. I gave you my reason why it should not be a watermanipulation ability. It is the variation of the [Blast/Swipe][#Element] family and it is a simple ability that doesn't need any new complicated multiabilities.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
Um water manipulation doesn't do that much damage per hit and the 3rd one does 2 hearts, and it's not redirectable.... Soooo

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Um water manipulation doesn't do that much damage per hit and the 3rd one does 2 hearts, and it's not redirectable.... Soooo
Than what's the use of having 1th ability after all, when 3rd has everything what 1 needs + the bigger benefit with dealing more damage. Torrent isn't redirectable either... don't know where you got the idea that it is.

Your idea of this kinda goes like this http://projectkorra.com/threads/new-airbending-move.1029/#post-11629 I believe Mist denied for the same reason that other had participators told to the creator - it is same as airblast. There are more threads denying things that are rip offs of existing abilities with a few minor notable changes, which I can assume that PK isn't heading for that kinda of offers to accept.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
ok I am going to change some stuff about the 1st and 3rd. Watermanipulation will have a short range, be redirectable (what I mean is when you shoot it you can move your mouse and it will move were it moves like torrent, sorry if I used the wrong wording), and can be spammed. The 3rd one has more damage, a longer range, and a longer cooldown than the 1st.

And I totally redid to 5th.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
Lol any ideas then? I like your ideas so.....

Preferably a traveling move or utility.

And I changed the 8th too.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I would like watermanipulation to be an ability without multiabilityAPI. That's all :p

Also I changed my mindset about 7th ability. At first I thought it would make waterbending like another airbending/firebending and , but than again I payed more attention to the ability and since it pushes 5 blocks I see a worth of having it, because it allows the bender to quickly escape from a attack but keeps them less mobile since that's how waterbending suppose to work. I'm up for the idea for it to be a technique for waterspout.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
Well how I think of these is some of them wouldn't need to be there own moves, so making it into one would be best.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Way too much for the simple ability of watermanipulation. The ability is meant to be elementary waterbending which does not require 8 slots to portray.
Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.