• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Current [Ability]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This Ability manipulates water on a smaller scale. Basically, a waterbender with it can create, change and calm a water current he/she choooses. On one epizode called "The Waterbending Scroll", it briefly showed the ability in action three times - First technique Katara started training Aang with; than later on by both of them to set the ship off the shore to sail away, and finally they used it to stop the ship dives into the waterwall. While it would have no purpose in sparrs, it would help the bender it a survival gameplay.

Process
While sailing on a boat, a waterbender could left click on water to make the origin from the current. The User can hold shift to change (or create if the water is stationary) the direction of water's current where the crossheir is swinged at and the blocks that gets contacts with, without the player spawing out of the boat. Left Clicking the current one will make the water stiatonary

Potential
  • Helps to speed or change the course of the boat, by manipulating the current.
  • Allows to fix variety pool/ponds/fountains without need of grabbing a bucket (a bit silly for a waterbender to do that without using their powers).
  • Makes streamable item transportation water funnels systems easier.
  • Gives one more sole utility ability for waterbending
  • Gives a waterbender more confidende of the new power they wield, which obviously makes them more powerfull a bit.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Example of the process
I decide to create a current stream in a 7x7 pool. What I do, Left Click on the center of that pool. I than hold shift and move the cursor to the left, to the next water block. This Action leaves a 2 block current flowing to the left from the center to that side. So I decide to make a L shape. What I would do is pick that last block I aimed at, drag it straight downwards to the pool edge, than at the very right end of the pool. Now there's a L shaped current in that pool. I can than left click certain blocks in there to fix it all and leave the whole pool stationary.

Green

Verified Member
I do like this ability idea, but the mechanics on how to use it is kind of confusing.......

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Better demonstraction:
[] - stationary water (highligted - the source)
< - direction the current flows; where items are
0 - where the cursor is aimed at while shifting

[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]

[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][]
[][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][] (left clicking the center)
[][][][][][][]

[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][]00[][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][] (shifting will turn it into...)
[][][][][][][]

[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][]<<[][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]

(this happen because the cursor was moving to the right, at those blocks that were aimed at)

Now I'll go downwards:

[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][]<<[][][]
[][]0[][][][]
[][]0[][][][]
[][]0][][][]

[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][]<<[][][]
[][]v[][][][]
[][]v[][][][]
[][]v[][][][] (though where I marked 0 it suppose to be immediately turn into direction sign, but I'm just show tryna to show you where crossheir is pointing at, but I think you got the idea)

Now I'll move it to the right

[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][]
[][]<<[][][]
[][]v[][][][]
[][]v[][][][]
[][]>>>>>

Where I dragged the crossheir, that's where the current creates and in that direction it flows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.