• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Watermanipulation addition

There's barely has anything unique. It's portable as waterarms with a difference of animation.

Original posters idea can simply be done with waterarms. Wanna reach out for your opponent? Create its tentacles, walk away of the body of water/bendables and rapid fire punches as you run towards your opponent. Especally when he suggested that wManipulation deal 2 shots, you have advantange with wArms as it can deal up to 10 shots somewhere.

With WaterGimbal, block-destruction is AT LEAST something new to waterbending that nothing similar existed in the plugin. Also, it's canon for waterbenders to destroy/slice up matter, so it's justified.

Again, I myself like this idea, but really - how come you response one suggestion with x on A suggestion, whie on B you can apply with x as well. A gets denied, B looking it. Come on, seriously?

WaterManipulation is currently the most basic water move with 0 extra functionalities other than redirection. This suggestion however makes WaterManipulation unique. WaterGimbal on the other hand, doesn't describe a unique ability with unique features. It provides 0 differentiation and is a steaming hot mess ready to happen.

It uses the exact same usage as Torrent, so if someone accidentally clicks with torrent twice then tries to use it it will go into combo mode. It has minimal actual use since Torrent is so similar in its functionality as well. Its only unique feature and addition to torrent is that it breaks blocks instead of creating. It also goes in a straight line, yippee! We should totally copy AirSwipe, turn it so its horizontal, and make it go 40 blocks and stop its arc. Oh wait someone already did that its called AirBlade, and there is a reason we haven't added it to Core.

While other suggestions for WaterManipulation changes are good, this one is easily implemented along side our current plans, it looks good, its well thought out, its fluid. It makes Waterbending more realistic pertaining to the show, and adds unique features to an already very bland move.

Oh and by the way, when I said exact copy, I wasn't using figurative language.
Again, watergimbal is completely different, functionality wise: DESTROYS blocks but in return to balance it out: it ain't directable & doesn't freeze. If you gonna use analogy, use it right. Pretty much what you said can be configurable in the current airswipe, except for the animation/position of the particles. You can't disable freezing and turn on block destruction.

If you wanna fluidy, incorperate Water Reusement to the certain abilities. Don't make wManipulation into portable waterarms.

NickC1211

WaterManipulation is currently the most basic water move with 0 extra functionalities other than redirection. This suggestion however makes WaterManipulation unique. WaterGimbal on the other hand, doesn't describe a unique ability with unique features. It provides 0 differentiation and is a steaming hot mess ready to happen.

It uses the exact same usage as Torrent, so if someone accidentally clicks with torrent twice then tries to use it it will go into combo mode. It has minimal actual use since Torrent is so similar in its functionality as well. Its only unique feature and addition to torrent is that it breaks blocks instead of creating. It also goes in a straight line, yippee! We should totally copy AirSwipe, turn it so its horizontal, and make it go 40 blocks and stop its arc. Oh wait someone already did that its called AirBlade, and there is a reason we haven't added it to Core.

While other suggestions for WaterManipulation changes are good, this one is easily implemented along side our current plans, it looks good, its well thought out, its fluid. It makes Waterbending more realistic pertaining to the show, and adds unique features to an already very bland move.

Oh and by the way, when I said exact copy, I wasn't using figurative language.
Dang he really went in lmao

Yet, I still didn't find any legitimacy

We should totally copy AirSwipe, turn it so its horizontal, and make it go 40 blocks and stop its arc.
You might as well do that. Considering waterarms punch copied and pasted into watermanip makes it a "legit" and "unique" to your understanding.

I feel like your only trying to justify this suggestion because it looks goods (I presume your talking about animation), not because of a revolutionizing feature which I yet couldn't find it in Nick's suggestion (just because I like repeating, what's so interesting in giving watermanip waterarm's-punch portability ? )

Loony

There's barely has anything unique. It's portable as waterarms with a difference of animation.

Original posters idea can simply be done with waterarms. Wanna reach out for your opponent? Create its tentacles, walk away of the body of water/bendables and rapid fire punches as you run towards your opponent. Especally when he suggested that wManipulation deal 2 shots, you have advantange with wArms as it can deal up to 10 shots somewhere.

With WaterGimbal, block-destruction is AT LEAST something new to waterbending that nothing similar existed in the plugin. Also, it's canon for waterbenders to destroy/slice up matter, so it's justified.

Again, I myself like this idea, but really - how come you response one suggestion with x on A suggestion, whie on B you can apply with x as well. A gets denied, B looking it. Come on, seriously?
Just because WaterArms has portable water and this has portable water doesn't mean that it's a copy..

Just because WaterArms has portable water and this has portable water doesn't mean that it's a copy..
I didn't meant it's a copy as a whole. Just one aspect that is portable & can be shot twice. Besides, what makes it a decent concept when again, waterarms would be preferable option since it covers a lot more to it.

Nontheless, it's a little bit naive to think that WaterGimbal is a copy of torrent, despite from different attributes I listed. It really still baffles me to think that this "watermanipulation addition" is somehow astonishing whilst WaterGimbal is not.

I'm repeating myself, so I'm just gonna end my thoughs in a summary:
  • Strip down water arms with grapple, grab, freeze, spear, pull + leave Punch in place = you got what Nick suggested.
  • WaterGimbal is something newwwwwwwww (destroys blocks, but as a drawback - can't freeze and can't be directed after it's fired) - you just cannot replicate this with any ther ability.
It's redundant to deny WaterGimbal with a reason that contradicts this looking into suggestion.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

I think it's more about the concept. Adding something to WaterManip is more appealing to them (because they may be looking for that sort of stuff) so ideas towards that could be more appealing. However, they aren't looking for stuff for torrent so they may be more inclined to deny stuff about torrent. That could be why this idea was accepted, because it was useful for THEM, where your WaterGimbal wasn't because they didn't need it.

As for why they're accepting/denying ideas with the same contradictory reason I'm not sure... If this isn't the reason and they're going to stick by their original reasons, theeeeennnn well.... Rip

I think it's more about the concept. Adding something to WaterManip is more appealing to them (because they may be looking for that sort of stuff) so ideas towards that could be more appealing. However, they aren't looking for stuff for torrent so they may be more inclined to deny stuff about torrent. That could be why this idea was accepted, because it was useful for THEM, where your WaterGimbal wasn't because they didn't need it.
If that's the criteria why and for what grounds it's denied, they should have appriopated concluded If they're gonna leave a comment about it before locking the thread.

As for why they're accepting/denying ideas with the same contradictory reason I'm not sure... If this isn't the reason and they're going to stick by their original reasons, theeeeennnn well.... Rip
Yeah it does make it silly, which was my main point in this rant.

xNuminousx

If that's the criteria why and for what grounds it's denied, they should have appriopated concluded If they're gonna leave a comment about it before locking the thread.
They could just not know how to put it in to words. I've found myself having alternative reasons for things because I DID have a reason to do something I just didn't know how to put it into words. This could be happening here.

Of course, I'm just assuming now and trying to see things from both points of view. I think the difference between this idea and WaterGimbal could simply be the concept and they needed this idea but they didn't need the WaterGimbal concept.

NickC1211

Again, watergimbal is completely different, functionality wise: DESTROYS blocks but in return to balance it out: it ain't directable & doesn't freeze. If you gonna use analogy, use it right. Pretty much what you said can be configurable in the current airswipe, except for the animation/position of the particles. You can't disable freezing and turn on block destruction.

If you wanna fluidy, incorperate Water Reusement to the certain abilities. Don't make wManipulation into portable waterarms.
Well it has been shown many times in both shows waterbenders carrying water without it technically being waterarms so. Also water is literally doing the same thing in a million different ways "moving water". This doesn't have to be the only other functionality of watermanipulation either.

They pretty much can already with torrent ring, surge, octopusform, waterwave.

Your suggestion is fundamentally exact thing: carry a temp block across water for an attack.

I much prefer continuity to turn your shield/ring/arms/octopusform construct into between each other, without having to reselect a source block again.

I know this doesn't have to be with watermanipulation. However this isn't what your original post proposed and it's not like we already don't have the options to recreate that with other abilities (Refer to my first remark in this comment for examples).

This will add a charge function to watermanipulation. If a player clicks the water then holds shift for two seconds a block of water would raise and start spinning around the player. If they keep holding shift for two more seconds another block of water will join the spinning. When the water is spinning it looks like two watermanipulations circling the player. After this the user can let go of shift and run with the water. While the user sprints the water blocks move to either side. When the player is ready they can click to shoot their watermanipulations, kind of like watergimbal.

I thought of this because when I'm fighting as water and someone is baiting me on land and are out of reach of watermanipulation, I go on land and get my butt kicked. With this water has a chance to go on land armed with one or two watermanipulations that they can shoot at any time.

It'd look somewhat like this when running:

When walking or standing still:

Except the two water blocks would never touch and spin adjacent to each other.

Before anyone asks no this won't replace the current watermanipulation. And no it won't make bottles useless.
amazing suggestion. i like it.

NickC1211

They pretty much can already with torrent ring, surge, octopusform, waterwave.

Your suggestion is fundamentally exact thing: carry a temp block across water for an attack.

I much prefer continuity to turn your shield/ring/arms/octopusform construct into between each other, without having to reselect a source block again.

I know this doesn't have to be with watermanipulation. However this isn't what your original post proposed and it's not like we already don't have the options to recreate that with other abilities (Refer to my first remark in this comment for examples).
This was a while ago but I still think water needs this and is not the same as gimbal.

Hi that's great im currently learning to do how bout we work together I have a great idea but I'm currently still working on the datapack then I can shift to custom abilities would be great if we get in touch