• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbending x WaterFissure

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Water Fissure -

Element: Water
Category: Water x Ice

Action -
Waterbending has always been known to have many unique sub skills such as Icebending and many others. Waterbenders can analyze their use of water to somewhat transfer into all types of fighting styles.

Example -

Now with this example, I have an idea. You see how Katara has no water source under her when she is moving. She is moving the water from its original source.

Ice Fissure will be a mobile - defensive - offensive move.

Description -
When near a big water source - not bottlebending, snow, or plants - a waterbender can use water fissure by shifting on the source, then looking at a designated location, (you can now release shift) the waterbender can click and a 1 x 2 ( width x height ) wall of water will strike like a viper (directable mode). The waterbender can move the stream around, but the stream can never hit mid air or be aimed into the air.

Selection and perform - Directable Mode [under] (You must release shift)

2015-11-06_17.30.49.png 2015-11-06_17.33.42.png 2015-11-06_17.34.48.png

Features -
Clicking while the fissure while it's in directable mode will freeze the wall / fissure and it will then grow higher as it slowly creates a fissure

Click to begin ice fissure -
2015-11-06_17.44.47.png

When in the directable mode, the waterbender can shift click which will cause the entire water fissure to gather together to make a wall of water and freeze over a configurable amount of time.

Wall:
Gather -
2015-11-06_17.48.07.png 2015-11-06_17.48.22.png
Form -
2015-11-06_17.51.40.png
Freeze -
2015-11-06_17.51.59.png

If the waterbender decides not to do any of the features and just aims it at an opponent, it will stream the bender away like torrent except the stream cannot be directed upwards.

REMEMBER: Waterfissure can never go into midair or be directed into the air. It is a grounded move only!

Feedback is appreciated! :)

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Read it.
People should stop complaining about the look of a thread and instead concentrate on what it is actually trying to say. If it would be unreadable i would understand, but thats not the case here.
Hero just likes to be like that, ignore it.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
It's a nice effective move. (though some in-game images of what you think the directable fissure would look like would help)
However, creating an entire WALL of water seems a bit.. extreme (This is why an image of how big the wall would look like would help- I can only assume that the wall that you're talking is similar to that shown in the gif) Also, how would the move be used for mobility, as for I don't see anything stating a way for you to ride on the fissure. And maybe this could be a potential watercombo involving Torrent, WaterSpout, and Manip maybe? I don't know, my last statement was just a possibility, but I'm otherwise positive of the other things I have mentioned.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
It's a nice effective move. (though some in-game images of what you think the directable fissure would look like would help)
However, creating an entire WALL of water seems a bit.. extreme (This is why an image of how big the wall would look like would help- I can only assume that the wall that you're talking is similar to that shown in the gif) Also, how would the move be used for mobility, as for I don't see anything stating a way for you to ride on the fissure. And maybe this could be a potential watercombo involving Torrent, WaterSpout, and Manip maybe? I don't know, my last statement was just a possibility, but I'm otherwise positive of the other things I have mentioned.
It doesn't require a source to keep it going like torrent. Moves like Watermanipulation and icespike do -- there for it's mobile. I will try to provide in-game examples as soon as possible (2-4 hours from now).

HydroMan

Verified Member
Im sorry, I dont want to read blue text. What is this about?
It is about waterbenders shaping ice in a line that they then slide on for mobility use and I think it was also mentioned as a shield of some sort.

I like the irony of yours: you don't want to read someones text, because it is colored differently which you are by it annoyed. While your threads starts with big ass sized words, as if mager people on this forum had weak eye sight, that leaves us annoyed too.

Last edited:

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I advice all previous subscribers to this thread to re-read and analyze this suggestion due to recent changes and more visuals minecraft style! Remeber: ALL feedback are appreciated!

HydroMan

Verified Member
I'm not get thing this very well. I have some questions for you:
  • How will the user/bender would be able travel with? You didn't mention much about mobility.
  • Which mode is used for attack, since you didn't mention it either. I'm assuming that it is left clicked in directable mode, but i'm not sure.
  • Why not use torrent? It can dame and freeze (make the wall thingy).
  • IS GRASSBLOCK BENDING CONFIRMED?! Just asking, as I notice you took the water from the grass block, by the looks how you have no sources near (or you either using bottles or you invented the art of drawing from air)
  • ^ That was a joke, just so you know, don't answer it :p.
  • Cooldown? (atleast describe the duration approximately without mentioning numbers)
  • Is there a chargetime?
  • Counterpart to this?
  • Will it deal 10.0 hearts of damage?

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I'm not get thing this very well. I have some questions for you:
  • How will the user/bender would be able travel with? You didn't mention much about mobility.
  • Which mode is used for attack, since you didn't mention it either. I'm assuming that it is left clicked in directable mode, but i'm not sure.
  • Why not use torrent? It can dame and freeze (make the wall thingy).
  • IS GRASSBLOCK BENDING CONFIRMED?! Just asking, as I notice you took the water from the grass block, by the looks how you have no sources near (or you either using bottles or you invented the art of drawing from air)
  • ^ That was a joke, just so you know, don't answer it :p.
  • Cooldown? (atleast describe the duration approximately without mentioning numbers)
  • Is there a chargetime?
  • Counterpart to this?
  • Will it deal 10.0 hearts of damage?
  1. This move is mobile because for the same reason of torrent, it doesn't need a source to make it move, unlike watermanipulation, you need to spam the source. This move will be similar to torrent but with different aspects ect. You cannot travel with this move at all.
  2. So once you choose your source, you just left click and look where you want to aim and it'll move with your cursor, unlike torrent where you have to keep holding shift.
  3. Like I said, this will be very different from torrent and I think it's a great addition. Secondly, freezing torrent makes a sphere shape not more of a wall much.
  4. Grass block bending :p
  5. Default Cooldown: 10000 (10 seconds config wise) [Can be configurable]
  6. No, like I said, it just merely a selection > perform > aim > use a variety of features of waterfissure in a form of attack
  7. I'm not exactly sure what you mean about counterpart, but if your talking about moves that can counter this one, I'd say mobility moves because nothing can counter this move except dodging and avoiding (remember waterfissure cannot hit you while you're in the air *coughs* airbenders *coughs*)
  8. It will not deal that much damage! Normal waterfissure will do 2.5 hearts in default (5 in config I think). IceFissure will do 3 damage (6 in config) along with the effects of slowness like icespike. Remember: all features including: damages, cooldowns, durations, ect. will be configurable.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
  1. This move is mobile because for the same reason of torrent, it doesn't need a source to make it move, unlike watermanipulation, you need to spam the source. This move will be similar to torrent but with different aspects ect. You cannot travel with this move at all.
  2. So once you choose your source, you just left click and look where you want to aim and it'll move with your cursor, unlike torrent where you have to keep holding shift.
  3. Like I said, this will be very different from torrent and I think it's a great addition. Secondly, freezing torrent makes a sphere shape not more of a wall much.
  4. Grass block bending :p
  5. Default Cooldown: 10000 (10 seconds config wise) [Can be configurable]
  6. No, like I said, it just merely a selection > perform > aim > use a variety of features of waterfissure in a form of attack
  7. I'm not exactly sure what you mean about counterpart, but if your talking about moves that can counter this one, I'd say mobility moves because nothing can counter this move except dodging and avoiding (remember waterfissure cannot hit you while you're in the air *coughs* airbenders *coughs*)
  8. It will not deal that much damage! Normal waterfissure will do 2.5 hearts in default (5 in config I think). IceFissure will do 3 damage (6 in config) along with the effects of slowness like icespike. Remember: all features including: damages, cooldowns, durations, ect. will be configurable.
Does a fissure of ice need to deal slowness too...?

Status
Not open for further replies.