• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbending is struggling

bossJetthardy

Verified Member
Ok, we all know this as true, but some people will disagree because they want water to stay underpowered. Water right now is the worst element in the plugin, this is because the developers have been giving earth lots of new offensive abilities like metalbending and lavabending. Air has gotten flight and sonicblast and even some combos. Fire has gotten many useful combos and abilities. Even chi has some new moves. What about waterbending? Yeah sure you gave us two combos and a couple of UTILITY moves like wakefishing and condensation.

My rant is over.

Much love to MistPhizzle and the Project Korra team.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
As it exists, Waterbending is the most complete element. Is it actually complete? No. But Water has a pretty solid offensive arsenal, a more than solid utility arsenal, and a fairly solid defensive arsenal.

Hit_Manx

Verified Member
To be honest, all the lava moves for earth are risky to use anyway, easy to kill yourself. Fire hasn't really gotten many abilities, it's just combos and those were long ago. Air has only really been given sonic blast and a few combos (Flight is default OP so players would need to be given specific permission to use it) In all honesty this post is kind of invalid, you're saying water has been given the least attention compared to other elements when that clearly not true. Water has just as much as air and it's not far off fire. Earth is the only one that's got a lot added to it but that is mostly due to the fact that there is so much more that can be added to earth, and that most external addons are created specifically for earth. Also, you can't really complain that Chi has been given more attention now especially since it didn't have that much to it in the first place and needed some work. I feel like you should try to evaluate the elements before voicing an opinion. They're clearly still working on the Core of 1.6.0 so give it time, they can't focus all their time and effort on water just to appease you my friend.

Last edited:

bossJetthardy

Verified Member
As it exists, Waterbending is the most complete element. Is it actually complete? No. But Water has a pretty solid offensive arsenal, a more than solid utility arsenal, and a fairly solid defensive arsenal.
I think that iceblast, icespike and watermanipulation are pretty much the same move just with small tweaks. However, I partially agree that water has a solid offense. I, completely agree with the utility arsenal being great and useful for normal survival outside of pvp. Also, I wouldn't mind one more defensive ability for water. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Much love to the the Project Korra team.

bossJetthardy

Verified Member
To be honest, all the lava moves for earth are risky to use anyway, easy to kill yourself. Fire hasn't really gotten many abilities, it's just combos and those were long ago. Air has only really been given sonic blast and a few combos (Flight is default OP so players would need to be given specific permission to use it) In all honesty this post is kind of invalid, you're saying water has been given the least attention compared to other elements when that clearly not true. Water has just as much as air and it's not far off fire. Earth is the only one that's got a lot added to it but that is mostly due to the fact that there is so much more that can be added to earth, and that most external addons are created specifically for earth. Also, you can't really complain that Chi has been given more attention now especially since it didn't have that much to it in the first place and needed some work. I feel like you should try to evaluate the elements before voicing an opinion. They're clearly still working on the Core of 1.6.0 so give it time, they can't focus all their time and effort on water just to appease you my friend.
I understand they aren't going to give a huge boost to water in one update, but I believe the developers could have put some thought on more pvp abilities for water in 1.5 and 1.6.

owlcool

Verified Member
If you really want to be counting community moves, then wait if/when waterarms is made. Water is not underpowered at all, fighting a watercamper has no chance unless you just stay on land.

If you want an example of why waterbending is not underpowered, against two lavabenders I dodged almost all the moves the lavabenders could throw at me, these guys were not bad at bending, to the contrary. I still managed to kill them often. Waterbending is not underpowered at all. Just vary up your style a little, be unpredictable. After all, waterbending is the element of flowing, it is basically made for adjusting to whatever strategy your opponent uses. In laggy servers? Yes, waterbending is underpowered. That is because you can't keep up with what even you are doing. In servers that barly lag, and if you use optifine, then you could rekt anybody.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
What is a water camper? I just started bending again a month ago.
A water camper is someone who stays inside water, and does not leave. They tend to watermanipulation or torrent from underwater, and use waterbubble for air every couple of seconds. They also use healiingwaters and waterspout. Most elements have no defense against this. Earthbenders can't bend blocks from under water, and they can't earthblast downwards. Firebenders only have lightning and combustion. Combustion is almost impossible to hit on land, let alone a fast swimming waterbender. All that is left for fire is lightning, which is disabled on some servers, and a waterbender could kill them MUCH faster then the lightning. A airbender just can't bend underwater. A waterbender is literally the only true counter to water campers, and what would distinguish a water camper from a waterbender that is just killing water campers? That is the true power of waterbending. Almost complete and total immunity while underwater, and VERY strong offense while underwater makes waterbenders considered overpowered in some cases.

David

Verified Member
To be fair, I think waterbending on land could use improvements, against earthbenders specifically. They can spam earth grab and you can't do anything about it unless you're in water.

I miss the old earth grab on Orion's. I feel like PK's earth grab is OP :L

EDIT: "You can just use frost breath and then waterspout/waterwave out!" Frost breath is an addon move, not official. And that technique isn't reliable since water spout can easily be broken with earth blast, and water wave has a charge-up time, that may or may not even work provided that you're in a small, tight, and tiny space surruonded by earth

owlcool

Verified Member
To be fair, I think waterbending on land could use improvements, against earthbenders specifically. They can spam earth grab and you can't do anything about it unless you're in water.

I miss the old earth grab on Orion's. I feel like PK's earth grab is OP :L
Power of plantbending. Only problem is, how long until plantbending becomes the next water camping.

David

Verified Member
Power of plantbending. Only problem is, how long until plantbending becomes the next water camping.
Plantbending isn't reliable for getting out of earth grab, sure it will work in the proper environment, but that's very rare.

owlcool

Verified Member
Plantbending isn't reliable for getting out of earth grab, sure it will work in the proper environment, but that's very rare.
Ugggggg, I was talking about the suggested posts of plantbending enhancing waterbending on land instead of at water.

owlcool

Verified Member
i love how this thread starts out by saying that waterbending is underpowered, and it ends up proving waterbending is anything but.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
water needs something next level tho yh theres alot of cool abilities but these abilities have been around for a while and people are getting bored of them is what they're trying to say tbh i think water is the best element in the project lol its just the way its used u can develop waterbending moves out of waterbending moves :s example would be surge, u can make a climbing device or even a parachute to save you from falling its just the way you aproach bending... dont just sit there and think just cuz its not in the description u cant do it... acualy develop your moves and learn new styles xD instead of compaining about whats already here... i do aggree that water needs some more moves but they'll get round to it sooner or later no use ranting about it thats just bad for forums :s:s:S

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ok, we all know this as true, but some people will disagree because they want water to stay underpowered. Water right now is the worst element in the plugin, this is because the developers have been giving earth lots of new offensive abilities like metalbending and lavabending. Air has gotten flight and sonicblast and even some combos. Fire has gotten many useful combos and abilities. Even chi has some new moves. What about waterbending? Yeah sure you gave us two combos and a couple of UTILITY moves like wakefishing and condensation.

My rant is over.

Much love to MistPhizzle and the Project Korra team.
most of the things you said were community made, not for the official plugin.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I do agree it's time to give water benders something new, it's getting boring tbh... Something like controlling, and flowing has to be made, a new type of torrent would be ideal.

paliate

Verified Member
I hate seeing threads like this.
You just want to be more over powered in the arena just like everyone else, but it's not about how you feel about wanting more moves, its about making it balanced and fair for everyone.

Don't get me wrong now, i think that earth has been concentrated on for way too long now but it's only because it's been focused on in the series which has sparked some inspiration for everyone.