• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterArms [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedk1

Kinda like those cliche hanging scenes where the victim grabs a rock and climbs but it falls behind them
the logic behind that doesnt work and it would also break the grappling mode so it wont be added. sorry.

WaterFan99

Verified Member
guys you know, if you go into grapple mode and click the ground you practically dash. and if you spin around in the air it will reduce fall damage since a little sliver of the arms catches you,

jedk1

guys you know, if you go into grapple mode and click the ground you practically dash. and if you spin around in the air it will reduce fall damage since a little sliver of the arms catches you,
or you can grapple the ground while falling, (although yes pulling your self faster to the ground should cause greater damage) you actually "catch" yourself and dont get any damage :D

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
As to your reply in the review (since i cant reply there :p ) I was simply suggesting some stuff for you to fix. I know it is better than what i could do, but i am still learning java. I am practicing every night and i hope to become a better dev soon :D

Good luck in coding, and have a good day!

jedk1

As to your reply in the review (since i cant reply there :p ) I was simply suggesting some stuff for you to fix. I know it is better than what i could do, but i am still learning java. I am practicing every night and i hope to become a better dev soon :D

Good luck in coding, and have a good day!
then why the 3 stars? why not just tell me what needs fixing then review after fixing? meanie.

jedk1

If i can edit my review i while if you fix any of those :D
in your review you said
"the animation with arms constantly out looks unnatural, people can swim on your arms, pulling blocks is a bit buggy (for me at least), and having a cooldown makes no sense as it is her real arms"

the arms constantly being out, well as you said they are her real arms soo....
people can swim on arms. sadly yes that is how water works in mc, i might add some knockback preventing players being on the arms.
you can turn the cooldowns off practically in the config, but for your sake and the sake of others ill add config variables to disable all duration cooldowns etc.

Rain Drop

Verified Member
Amazing move, I love it.
However, I do have one suggestion to make that has to do with switching modes, since it isn't that smooth in a fight.
Instead of Shift + Click to switch modes, it could be something like this:
Shift + Left Click = Grapple (Since it's the grapple move and you don't really need to run if you're using it)
Left click = Punch
Right click = Pull
(Credit ideas go to ShadowRaptor3)

Loony

Verified Member
Love the move dude, can't wait for future updates!

Suggestions:
  • Have the default ability to start with as punch. I always end up instantly switching to punch when I use the move.
  • Make it so that the move is only active for so long, or so you can edit how long it is active for.
  • Make it so you can pull blocks with the 'pull' ability and then throw them at player's. I'm unsure if you can do this but, it would be awesome.
Thanks for reading,
~Loony

Janny

Verified Member
Amazing move, I love it.
However, I do have one suggestion to make that has to do with switching modes, since it isn't that smooth in a fight.
Shift + Left Click = Grapple (Since it's the grapple move and you don't really need to run if you're using it)
Left click = Punch
Right click = Pull
I do NOT like the fact that your suggestion has it that you have to hold shift for Grapple. The WaterArms ability should NOT have a mode that will immobilize the waterbender such as holding shift.

Mage_x

Verified Member
this is awesome people like you are what inspire me to become a coder but as an earthbender i feel like u should make a metal chain version of this because we all know that the grappling hook sucks i feel like metal benders should have something simlar to this if u remeber how ,metal benders in the serires use chains of mettal to swing themselves across places nd attack simalarly to this move

jedk1

Amazing move, I love it.
Left click = Punch
Right click = Pull
there are multiple issues here.
1) to get a right click event, the player would need to have an item in their hand or to be right clicking a block.
2) when i add new modes how would you use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.