• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water Pinwheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Move Name: Water Pinwheel
Element: Water
Type: Combo
Damage: 0 (Zero Hearts)
Cooldown: 10-15 seconds
Time that it Lasts: Forever (until the release of shift)
Used For: Defense
How to Use: Torrent (Tap Shift while looking at source block), Surge (Hold Shift), Surge (L-Click)
Description: After you have performed the combo, water will start to circle around you. The water would circle in a vertical motion, much like a wheel. It would continue to circle around you like this until you release shift. The placement of the front and back of the wheel depend on where your cursor is aimed. If you move the cursor at any point while the pinwheel is active, the wheel will follow the cursor. This move will block most attacks. A water benders air shield if you will. (Thank you @Kiam McQuaid)
Uses: This move is used primarily for defense. While the water is circling you it is protecting you from most attacks coming from infront of or behind you. Keep in mind that you can change the direction that the wheel is blocking attacks from at any time. The wheel will not go away until you release shift.
Visual:

Last edited:

Kiam

Verified Member
This seems unnecessary for a defensive move that dissipates after one attack. Perhaps if it served another purpose, or lasted a configurable amount of time. A water bender's air shield, if you will. This would give it more utility in an actual fight.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
This seems unnecessary for a defensive move that dissipates after one attack. Perhaps if it served another purpose, or lasted a configurable amount of time. A water bender's air shield, if you will. This would give it more utility in an actual fight.
Thanks for the ideas :) I added them to the post. If there's still anything that you don't like, or want me to change something again don't hesitate to ask.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Move Name: Water Pinwheel
Element: Water
Type: Combo
Damage: 2 (One Heart)
Cooldown: 10-15 seconds
Time that it Lasts: 30 seconds
Used For: Defense or Offense
How to Use: Torrent (Tap Shift while looking at source block), Surge (Hold Shift), Surge (L-Click)
Description: After you have performed the combo, water will start to circle around you. The water would circle in a vertical motion, much like a wheel. It would continue to circle around you like this until you release shift or if two attacking moves are used on it. If you release shift the wheel will begin to move forward at a rate of 3 bps. If it hits someone/something it will do a useful amount of knockback along with 1 heart of damage. During nighttime or a full moon the damage and knockback is increased
Uses: This move is used primarily for defense. While the water is circling you it is protecting you from any attacks coming from infront of or behind you. Once two attacks have landed on the wheel, the pinwheel will disappear. You can also use it for quick attacks. Example: Someone attacks you, and you defend it. Then you release the pinwheel to attack them back.
Visual:
I'm confused on just one thing. You said that it will continue to circle around you until you release shift, but then you say that when you release shift, it will move forward. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that part just confuses me. Other than that, you have my support.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Why not just make a whole circle of water around you defending you from most attacks until you unshift?

Like kiam said

if not, the combo would be alot of work for 1 block.
I agree, plus if this was an offensive move, it would be just like suffocate, an impossible move to perform and kill with.

HydroMan

Verified Member
how would this change the use as having it as a defensive move,rather then using a surge shield?

EndersShadows

Verified Member
If it had some sort of unique ability to it, then I'd be up for it. Otherwise it looks like a more visually rewarding icebullet. You form it, it defends you, and you cant attack with it. All I've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.