• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Water&IceShield Counters] IceWall too OP (let's brainstorm how to nerf it?)

I don't really see reason for IceShield to witstand attacks like RaiseEarth. Ice is obviously more fragile than a wall of a rock, and even the show proved that theory.

The Ice Shield isn't OP at all. It depends on the skills of both parties. If the waterbender can't use it that well, sol. If the person knows how to get past it, sol.
I guess that's reasonable. If a noob doesn't know how to use bloodbending, it should be enabled by default. Brilliant!

Hero

I don't really see reason for IceShield to witstand attacks like RaiseEarth. Ice is obviously more fragile than a wall of a rock, and even the show proved that theory.
Because raise earth isn't even used to attack. And ice can be pretty damn hard. You need a pick to break stone and ice. And so what if the show proved that ice is harder than stone? There isn't a reason to make raise earth break ice because reasons.

Hero

I guess that's reasonable. If a noob doesn't know how to use bloodbending, it should be enabled by default. Brilliant!
That happened on our server once and bloodbending was just annoying instead of deadly. You can only use it one person and it relies on fall damage. So I don't see the point you were trying to make...

That happened on our server once and bloodbending was just annoying instead of deadly. You can only use it one person and it relies on fall damage. So I don't see the point you were trying to make...
My point is that IceShield is annoying. NOTHING can get it pass it. And the fact you mention bloodbending controls one person, I can also point in a similar principle, IceShield defends from one person. If you get gaang up on, both: iceshield and bloodbending would become useless, because you just cannot defend/use with those abilities omnidirectionally.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Hero

My point is that IceShield is annoying. NOTHING can get it pass it. And the fact you mention bloodbending controls one person, I can also point in a similar principle, IceShield defends from one person. If you get gaang up on, both: iceshield and bloodbending would become useless, because you just cannot defend/use with those abilities omnidirectionally.

I see how that can be a problem now. Make ice shatter.

Shattering alone doesn't really help, considering that none of the attacks pass through. While Combustion does destroy it partly, there's no penalty to the waterbender, because the attack didn't reach him and the waterbender is likely to reuse the shield back up afterwards (If a waterbend had a shield up, its likely he wasn't that far off from a pool or a big quantity of waterbending source that bend it to begin with). Combustion should at least deal knockback behind it and logically EarthSmash should break into through it and reach its target

Now regarding WaterShield - it's pointless, since IceShield is dominant, since the solid from blocks from currently all (or magority - If my revamp is executed)) attacks + including fire attacks. To make it balance, diversive and usefull: WaterShield must at least block a few attacks that IceShid alone shouldn't.

Surge Shield itself isn't the greatest shield.
It is a giant disc that covers where you look. It blocks a majority of the moves. While it may not be great against other waterbenders, you're generally not going to use it against other waterbenders. It's like complaining that AirStream can't kill other airbenders with fall damage.
Its ice form is the only shield in the plug-in that cannot safely block everything (besides fire shield). It serves as a wall, but it backfires a ton if it's used all the time. A person can climb over the wall sometimes and then you're screwed.
How is the ice form weak? It's a solid defense against Lightning, which is something WaterShield can't do. While Combustion and FireBlast will explode on Contact, that's why you can switch to WaterShield.

If you're close enough that someone is going to climb over your shield, then you're just too close.
Earthbenders can still control the ground under them (not an issue at all). And fire is extremely fast. When I see firebenders fight nowadays, most of the time, they are flying around on firejet blasting them.
That's why you generally stay OVER water. And it's not like SurgeShield lags behind your vision. It goes right where you want it to and with iceshield, it's easy to just deny a firebender firejetting towards you. Even if you are slow enough, Surge the water underneath you and launch it up and freeze the Firebender
ice shield can't protect them everywhere *cough* put in my water dome *cough*.
No element needs a 360 megashield that protects them from basically everything.

We actually do have one, but due to its short duration it is rarely used: IceBullet.
A few moves that get stopped by surge shield get through icebullet. If there was something like Waterdome, then water would be practically impossible to kill. Fights would just drag on

Because raise earth isn't even used to attack. And ice can be pretty damn hard. You need a pick to break stone and ice. And so what if the show proved that ice is harder than stone? There isn't a reason to make raise earth break ice because reasons.
It proved that ice is stronger than stone? I said the opposite. Even things like arrows can eventually SHATTER flat ice. Ghazan's earthblast went through Kya's Ice Shield.

I doubt anyone said this already but oh well. If someone already has, sue me. :) .

I remember that Torrent can break Icewall. Does Torrent still break it or nah?

Jedcore's or Surge's?
Uhh... I don't know :confused:. I just know that it used to do that a while ago. A while ago as in a year or two ago, and as I type this I figure out thar is not much help at all...

this is what happens when you try to help, Silver :|
and when you try to be more active on the forums