• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water fluidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loony

Verified Member
Fluidity is one of two things, the state of being a fluid, which water is (WOW), or the ability of a substance to flow, in terms of physics. Well it's water, it already has this property.

Continuity is the state of being continuous. Water doesn't normally have this property, which is where the Waterbender comes in. They make the water continuous, not diminishing when changing.

#CheckYourselfBeforeYouWreckYourself lmao
i don't have time to copy Google definitions and argue which one is right, it doesn't rlly matter lol, calm down Google keyboard warrior xox

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
i don't have time to copy Google definitions and argue which one is right, it doesn't rlly matter lol, calm down Google keyboard warrior xox
Lmao I didn't copy and paste, but I did look up the definitions because I like to be assured. And it does matter, if it's going to be implemented. Naming always matters

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Lmao I didn't copy and paste, but I did look up the definitions because I like to be assured. And it does matter, if it's going to be implemented. Naming always matters
Well, your forgetting that each time a waterbender switches to a move it would lose a certain amount of water. Why do you think katara needs to refill her skins eventually. Sokka has told us many times in the past that they don't drink her bending water with the exception of when in the desert.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I agree in certain cases that it shouldn't be weakened. For example torrent to waterwave back to torrent like you say but staying in place using the same water for octopus surge then torrent will weaken it.
Well actually, It shouldn't be weakened if you stay in place. ONly if your moving.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well, your forgetting that each time a waterbender switches to a move it would lose a certain amount of water. Why do you think katara needs to refill her skins eventually. Sokka has told us many times in the past that they don't drink her bending water with the exception of when in the desert.
When katara does something with her water she usually uses it all up on one or two of the same attack like her water whip or some icicles.

NickC1211

Verified Member
When katara does something with her water she usually uses it all up on one or two of the same attack like her water whip or some icicles.
You're both right I think that you should only be able to switch 2-3 times because of what simp said. And the water weakens every switch because you lose some like arch said.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
I agree, fluidity might not be as accurate, but it sounds better.

I love the idea of water fluidity. I've been waiting for this. Our water should certainly be more fluid when we bend; after all, that's a key trait of our element: versatility and fluidity. We can easily change techniques or forms when manipulating the water to however it suits us. That should be reflected in-game.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm for Continuity. Like Simplicitee said, it's already there, existing, and calling it fluidity is basically asking "make it flood arenas" or "have the water-fall". That's the aspect of minecraft. This term should be used in the code and config, because it's more clear term than just calling inaccurate..
You're both right I think that you should only be able to switch 2-3 times because of what simp said. And the water weakens every switch because you lose some like arch said.
2 is to small. Leave it up to 3 ok? Of course - configurable.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'll do it for you:
Merriam-Webster said:
--Continuity--
(noun): the quality of something that does not stop or change as time passes : a continuous quality.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It's close to what this describes it . Saying water isn't fluid is preposterous. When you click with torrent on hold, what does it do? It flows. It moves, which no proof is needed to answer why its fluid. Continuity in this case describes the water continuity to exist (bending wise), switching moves and techniques while still bending the water in the moment. Continuity doesn't exist
yet. You just bend the water, then stop it just to change the tecnique and bend it/another again to execute the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.