• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water fluidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Before I start Ik you've heard this a thousand and one times but here me out. I think as long as you hold shift you can switch to different moves using the same water. For example octopus to torrent and torrent to surge shield. Or using the water from waterwave

How I set my post apart from the others is that when you reuse the water from another move for another move it will be weaker than normal. For example you go from torrent to surge and the surge would be smaller like 2x2. This way it's not too op for a waterbender to switch moves quickly, but it's fair for waterbenders to switch moves quickly and have their fluidity.

Examples:
Surge -> torrent = normal
Torrent -> surge = smaller shield 2x2
Waterwave -> anything = normal
Torrent -> octopus = weaker
Torrent -> waterwave= slower or shorter
Octopus -> waterwave = normal
Octopusform -> surge = normal (debatable)
Octopusform -> torrent = normal

I think you should be able to do three or four move switches before you need a new water source. This way it keeps waterbending balanced and a bender has the option of using the water currently being bent or find a new source. Not op but still fluid everyone's happy.

Let's face it water needs more fluidity and I think this is a good way to do it. All it needs is for the move to be weaker when reused and maybe an aesthetic animation for move switches. Thanks for reading :D tell me your great ideas for making water fluidity balanced.

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't think it should get weaker per say, for example, lets say you switch from torrent to water wave, then switch back to torrent, why does it get weaker, if you have the same amount of water left over. It wouldn't get weaker unless there was less water than when you started.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I don't think it should get weaker per say, for example, lets say you switch from torrent to water wave, then switch back to torrent, why does it get weaker, if you have the same amount of water left over. It wouldn't get weaker unless there was less water than when you started.
I agree in certain cases that it shouldn't be weakened. For example torrent to waterwave back to torrent like you say but staying in place using the same water for octopus surge then torrent will weaken it.

NickC1211

Verified Member
You think maybe if you reuse the water it would have a set damage less than the usual? That way it makes more sense

BryanPlays

Verified Member
I think that if it is a smaller move it should be weaker. For example if you tried to waterwave from torrent the wave would be slower and smaller than usual. With octopusform to waterwave it would be the same as a normal waterwave because Katara showed waterwave from octopusform was strong. I think you should be able to do anything from waterwave and be able to do torrent/watermanip from octopusform. Maybe a torrent from surge too.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I think that if it is a smaller move it should be weaker. For example if you tried to waterwave from torrent the wave would be slower and smaller than usual. With octopusform to waterwave it would be the same as a normal waterwave because Katara showed waterwave from octopusform was strong. I think you should be able to do anything from waterwave and be able to do torrent/watermanip from octopusform. Maybe a torrent from surge too.
I agree that you can do any move switch but but there has to be certain drawbacks.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
agree that you can do any move switch but but there has to be certain drawbacks.
Octopusform -> waterwave = normal

NickC1211

Verified Member
Octopusform -> waterwave = normal
Yea that works mind if I add these?

Loony

Verified Member
The overall suggestion of water having more fluidity is in development. However, we aren't accomplishing this by allowing you to switch binds mid-move. We're accomplishing this by having moves do one thing (for example pick up water) and then using the water and rushing it forward. So I'm going to mark this in development.

NickC1211

Verified Member
The overall suggestion of water having more fluidity is in development. However, we aren't accomplishing this by allowing you to switch binds mid-move. We're accomplishing this by having moves do one thing (for example pick up water) and then using the water and rushing it forward. So I'm going to mark this in development.
Pls explain omg so excited

Loony

Verified Member
But why :-:
Ok ok.

The water can do the things and then do other things and then you can choose to do another thing or if you don't want that it'll do the other thing and then you can do more things after it did the last thing

NickC1211

Verified Member
Ok ok.

The water can do the things and then do other things and then you can choose to do another thing or if you don't want that it'll do the other thing and then you can do more things after it did the last thing
Whaaaaaat????

NickC1211

Verified Member
Ok ok.

Funny yet cruel

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you're gonna do this at least use the correct term, it would be something like Water Continuity

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Fluidity is the correct term.
Fluidity is one of two things, the state of being a fluid, which water is (WOW), or the ability of a substance to flow, in terms of physics. Well it's water, it already has this property.

Continuity is the state of being continuous. Water doesn't normally have this property, which is where the Waterbender comes in. They make the water continuous, not diminishing when changing.

#CheckYourselfBeforeYouWreckYourself lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.