• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water combo: Blood phasechange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
This combo would use both Bloodbending and phase change. The user would hold shift with Bloodbending on the target, then switch to phase change, and click to freeze thier blood, which will make them unable to move for a short time after you are done Bloodbending them, if they don't die already, and they will take a default (configurable) 1 heart of damage every 5 seconds (configurable). To boil their blood, you instead press shift, and damage them by boiling their blood, and they take 2 hearts of damage every second.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You are already holding shift to blood bend them, so you can't press shift again to boil them

Faecous

Verified Member
You are already holding shift to blood bend them, so you can't press shift again to boil them
I think that there is a very good reason for why Blood benders in the series haven't changed the state of the water in blood. And I believe that it is because the concentration of it is too low for them to be able to distinctly boil/freeze it. I am sorry, but I don't want this to be added to the plugin. ;)

owlcool

Verified Member
Yeah, this is very overpowered. I am against it, as it is not cannon, and simply has no real use outside of being overpowered. If staff needed to be able to kill people, they have /kill.

Faecous

Verified Member
Fo
Yeah, this is very overpowered. I am against it, as it is not cannon, and simply has no real use outside of being overpowered. If staff needed to be able to kill people, they have /kill.
For once we actually agree xD

owlcool

Verified Member
Fo

For once we actually agree xD
Do you know what I think earthbenders need to be overpowered? IRON CRIPPLE!!! Just a metalbender ripping the iron out of your bloodstream. You get slowness 2, blindness, nightvision, and 9 of your hearts are taken until you eat meat/potatoes, and that only cures it 20 seconds after it is eaten. Yeah, nobody needs to be making overpowered bending moves like this and blood phasechange.

6tijn

Verified Member
I think that there is a very good reason for why Blood benders in the series haven't changed the state of the water in blood. And I believe that it is because the concentration of it is too low for them to be able to distinctly boil/freeze it. I am sorry, but I don't want this to be added to the plugin. ;)
I agree. it's never shown in the series

Btw, the reason why blood benders couldn't, is because water would just be so f*kin OP OP OP against every element. waterbenders were able to bend mud, which has a big concentration of dirt. Blood is very liquid, atleast 70% or something. So, in fact, a water bender wouldn't have much trouble boiling or freezing blood. In fact, bloodbending should have been way easier, but they never put that in because of da OPness of it. Imagine: Yakone being able to bend masses of poeple, so probably he wouldn't even had to blink to freeze/boil everyone's blood, killing them inmediantly. But if he could do that, to gether with more water benders, the whole world of avatar would..... .... be ruled and dominated by undefeatable water beding master mins who can kill poeple in seconds by not even looking at them... :D

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
I agree. it's never shown in the series

Btw, the reason why blood benders couldn't, is because water would just be so f*kin OP OP OP against every element. waterbenders were able to bend mud, which has a big concentration of dirt. Blood is very liquid, atleast 70% or something. So, in fact, a water bender wouldn't have much trouble boiling or freezing blood. In fact, bloodbending should have been way easier, but they never put that in because of da OPness of it. Imagine: Yakone being able to bend masses of poeple, so probably he wouldn't even had to blink to freeze/boil everyone's blood, killing them inmediantly. But if he could do that, to gether with more water benders, the whole world of avatar would..... .... be ruled and dominated by undefeatable water beding master mins who can kill poeple in seconds by not even looking at them... :D
Of course a waterbender could do it in the show, it would just be far too morbid. Of course they can alter the temperature of blood. And if you have suggestions to make it less OP, I welcome them.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Of course a waterbender could do it in the show, it would just be far too morbid. Of course they can alter the temperature of blood. And if you have suggestions to make it less OP, I welcome them.
It just being a thought is just being op. How would you boil blood/water in the body? Waterbenders were only ever shown to be able to freeze and melt ice, no other liquid was able to have the temperature raised.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
It just being a thought is just being op. How would you boil blood/water in the body? Waterbenders were only ever shown to be able to freeze and melt ice, no other liquid was able to have the temperature raised.
They can change the state of water, and have been shown to heat solutions such as soup.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Do you know what I think earthbenders need to be overpowered? IRON CRIPPLE!!! Just a metalbender ripping the iron out of your bloodstream. You get slowness 2, blindness, nightvision, and 9 of your hearts are taken until you eat meat/potatoes, and that only cures it 20 seconds after it is eaten. Yeah, nobody needs to be making overpowered bending moves like this and blood phasechange.
Just sayin', the iron in your body is way too low in amounts to be bendable. ;)

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Not only is this non-canon, but a little too morbid. The plugin is aimed at fans of the show, which is aimed at Ages 7-13, not exclusive to older and younger. If we allow ourselves to go beyond that range things can get a little morbid. People could suggest the opposite of suffocation, where you force too much air into their lungs and pop them. People could suggest some pretty morbid stuff for firebending, more morbid than Ozai burning Zuko's face. So as far as morbid and dark stuff, let's limit it to what we've seen, not just what's been implied possible.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Not only is this non-canon, but a little too morbid. The plugin is aimed at fans of the show, which is aimed at Ages 7-13, not exclusive to older and younger. If we allow ourselves to go beyond that range things can get a little morbid. People could suggest the opposite of suffocation, where you force too much air into their lungs and pop them. People could suggest some pretty morbid stuff for firebending, more morbid than Ozai burning Zuko's face. So as far as morbid and dark stuff, let's limit it to what we've seen, not just what's been implied possible.
Gore Move Addon Pack
Air Move: AirPuncture
Water Move: BloodExtraction
Fire Move: FaceBurn
Earth Move: EarthImpale
Chi Move: HeartRip

owlcool

Verified Member
Gore Move Addon Pack
Air Move: AirPuncture
Water Move: BloodExtraction
Fire Move: FaceBurn
Earth Move: EarthImpale
Chi Move: HeartRip
Earth doesn't need to impale to be morbid, just have someone trapped inside something the size of earthgrab, and then push some blocks inwards, and simply squeeze the organs out of the body.

Migsel

Verified Member
If your temperature drops below 95 degrees Fahrenheit, you are already considered hypothermic. If your blood is frozen (32 degrees), you are already dead (and your limbs would fall off). If your blood boils, it would be melting your internal organ systems and you would eventually (to a certain degree) explode. Seems canon.

owlcool

Verified Member
Dig Dug Airbending Move!!!! http://www.playr.org/play/dig_dug/143
Just put a pump into someone, airbend into it, THEY EXPLODE!!!

paliate

Verified Member
I believe this was suggested in the past and quickly denied.
I do not think this would be a good addition to core or keep the balance that PK has worked so hard to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.