• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water Abilites and Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreym11

Verified Member
Hey it's coreym11 and I wanted to talk about water abilites and some moves that should be added to the game but are not in the game as of now. Some of these moves im about to mention are based of pure Mc logic along with the show but I can understand if they weren't added because "Op" Issues. But any way here are the moves! "Im bad with names"

Drown: What this moves does is when your opponent is in the water "Non-waterbender" if hold shift this move will suffocate them timed /cooldown if need or just be like suffocation.
IceGrip: This is a passive for a water bender. When water benders are on ice they can no longer be pushed around or dragged by moves such as airsuction or surge and have no knock back. This might seem OP but with the ice under them they are missing the opportunity to use healingwaters. Got this ability from katara's fight with Master Paku.
Swamp Armor: This move is self explained. With this move if you shift on a plant with this move selected you will gain armor just like earth. (Maybe strength affect if generous). The Armor is dyed green leather armor. This is from the raid on the fire nation in tla with swamp benders as well as in the swamp in that episode.
Icecage: Just like Master Paku this move traps the bender for a short time unable to bend due to arms being restraint and can't be melted through any means "has a cool down" This move was used in Master Paku's fight with katara once again. Paralyze effect or body exposed in a type of way to be able to take damage.
Rain Bending: Waters other passive ability when raining water benders can bend without a source but they still have to sneak and un sneak to activate moves such as water manipulation.(Technically they should be able to bend water out of the green dirt which which then turns to regular dirt unbendable by water but thats an op story for another time :p)
Icicle Spear: This move turns water into a deadly spear doing damage to the opponent such as in the episode where katara tracks down the guy who killed her mother.
Tentacles:Last and finnaly! This moves allows waterbenders grow water on their hands (Or just simply give strength) and give them extra fist damage for a small time period. This is from katara and Zuko raiding the boat on the episode when they were trying to track down who killed her mother. Benders can run around while using this move.

Phew that was mind vomit! So this has been pretty much everything I can think about water moves that isn't bloodbending! Comments and feedback would be appreciated I want to know what you guys think. ^.^ <3

Last edited:

Phorcys77

Verified Member
A lot of these are cool, but Tentacles sounds a lot like Water Arms. And that's been suggested many times. But the other ones make a lot of sense. Especially Rain Bending and IceGrip. Good job :D

coreym11

Verified Member
Thanks you much appreciated :D but one question are you someone from the server Bending Heroes I play with ? X3

Kwesi

Verified Member
Drown: Techniques should generally work of all players, unless they can actively stop the effects themselves, simply being a waterbender shouldn't automatically prevent them from drowning. Also, this ability should not work exactly like Suffocate since ideally there should not be ability clones if it can be helped (keep diversity).

IceGrip: An ability make more sense being active than passive. This could work as an ability with which you tap sneak and it'll form ice blocks on the lower body. This ability could be active for a certain amount of seconds and then dissipate or could be negated by the waterbender by tapping sneak again, plus, this ability seems like it be overpowered by powerful abilities (charged FireBlast, FireBurst, Torrent, AirBurst. charged AirSwipe, Shockwave would technically be ineffective, etc). That's how I see this working anyway.

SwampArmor: This is very similar to EarthArmor and abilities clones should be avoided. I don't believe I strength boost would be necessary either.

IceCage: That was not an ability within itself, more of a creative use of IceSpike, but I see your point with it. I don't think this would restraint a master waterbender. Katara was quite talented, but she would not be able to bend to an effective level being restrained like that, especially after how little energy she had left; I feel a more skilled waterbender wouldn't have been held like that for long. That being stated, this ability might work, but it should be able to be negated with PhaseChange like every other ice trapping ability (although counting those would make this ability rather redundant).

Rainbending: This has been suggested many times before and it something rather debatable in many ways. I believe it has been accomplished and is a custom feature which can be added (I'd need to check).

IceSpear: Essentially, this ability is IceSpike.

Tentacles: Waterbenders can already fashion tentacles with water over which they have great control with OctopusForm, but this sounds a bit like WaterArms which has been suggested countless times and I don't believe the developers have any plans of adding this since it doesn't seem to be effectively possible to them.

I love the creativity! You gave me something great to read and I enjoyed exploring your ideas. :)

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Rainbending isn't possible, since you would be able to rain bend in a cave or in your house... MC can only detect when it is raining, not if there is rain around you...

coreym11

Verified Member
Oh ok thank you for reading some of my ideas :D! I did see how water arms was something that would be very difficult maybe impossible to put in the game and icicle spear is like ice spike I was just kinda vomiting my ideas on a page X3. Drown I can understand as an ability clone. Lastly the ice grip move is probably my favorite because the point of it being a passive was to be able to use other moves since its a passive or a toggle this passive I came up with was to more effectively fight air benders because they toss waterbenders around like a beach ball and in now in 1.8 you can no longer see through ice so no more torrent shield barrier on myself :(.
Thank you for reading my post much appreciated to all of you guys too!

Kwesi

Verified Member
Oh ok thank you for reading some of my ideas :D! I did see how water arms was something that would be very difficult maybe impossible to put in the game and icicle spear is like ice spike I was just kinda vomiting my ideas on a page X3. Drown I can understand as an ability clone. Lastly the ice grip move is probably my favorite because the point of it being a passive was to be able to use other moves since its a passive or a toggle this passive I came up with was to more effectively fight air benders because they toss waterbenders around like a beach ball and in now in 1.8 you can no longer see through ice so no more torrent shield barrier on myself :(.
Thank you for reading my post much appreciated to all of you guys too!
When I use the word active I still mean they can use other abilities, but it just means they must actively use it to activate its effects (a clear example of this is WaterSpout). Whether or not that was a miscommunication of context it should be resolved now.

Skilled airbenders utilise their abilities to throw their opponents off and gain the advantage, and that's fair, but I understand the logic behind having IceGrip implemented, and I agree with it. Though I will say that all disciplines have their ways of overwhelming their opponents: airbenders can push and pull players around constantly, firebenders can burn players constantly, waterbenders can freeze players constantly and earthbenders can tear up the terrain constantly - all of which can be used to serve as an advantage (no matter how frustrating it can get...)

The 1.8 ice change hit me hard too, in PvP. It was a great surprise when I found myself blinded by ice *sigh* oh well.

It's good to "vomit" ideas - it's brainstorming and it's how this works: sharing ideas amongst the community to help improve something we're all a part of. :)

coreym11

Verified Member
Oh with the 1.8 ice thing i think i found a solution don't you think there are some texture packs out there that can make see through ice if someone actually bothered to make it ? Oh and the freezing thing i forgot how good that combo is but the server i play on the owner Rune edited the plugin where you cannot ice you have already bended such as putting a torrent ice on the ground the water manipulating that / ice blasting too many people complained of me doing that and took it out :/ lol

Status
Not open for further replies.