• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Vine...? plantbending ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASTER-Pakku

Verified Member
Hey,
I would like to suggest a new plant bending ability.
This ability basically is a little bit like waterarms. When you have this ability selected and you wear plantarmor, you have to left click and a vine (green particles?) will shoot out of the armor to pull you up (just like waterarms Graple). When you used this 4 times, the plantarmor will disapear. I didn't saw this move in the series, but i just made it up when i was looking to waterarms.
But the next ability was in the series. Actually this is the same as waterarms grab:
When you have this ability selected and you wear plantarmor, you have to hold shift and left click. A vine will shoot out of the armor and grab someone. You can move him around and push him away by clicking. If you let go shift, the vine will let go the player. When you used this 2 times, the armor will disapear.
I know this basically is the same as waterarms, but this ability won't damage someone.
I think this should be a real move so plantbending will get more moves.
I also can't think of a name ( maybe vinegrab or at least something with Vine... )
What do you guys think about this?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Same as Waterarms; More Defensive than Waterarms - still not enough to make it as its own ability. I'll make my own thread about PlantArmor, with a different binds and all.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I think it's definitely got potential and we have seen enough proof of a "Vine Whip" kind of move from the show. But I think the move would be better off being integrated into a single plant move (VineWhip?). It fits the idea of a "VineWhip", the use of the vines is just a bit more dynamic. And having the source be PlantArmor was a very good idea, kind of reminds me of MetalHook by Jedk1.

Placing Looking Into, for now.

NOTE: I would make the move less like WaterArms, because I just don't see a Vine being able to do some of the same things.

MASTER-Pakku

Verified Member
I think it's definitely got potential and we have seen enough proof of a "Vine Whip" kind of move from the show. But I think the move would be better off being integrated into a single plant move (VineWhip?). It fits the idea of a "VineWhip", the use of the vines is just a bit more dynamic. And having the source be PlantArmor was a very good idea, kind of reminds me of MetalHook by Jedk1.

Placing Looking Into, for now.

NOTE: I would make the move less like WaterArms, because I just don't see a Vine being able to do some of the same things.
Cool! I was thinking about Vinewhip too, but because we allready have Plantwhip i thought it would be a little bit confusing.
Yeah it is supposed to be a single move, but i think that it should only be able to use it with Plantarmor because i don't see how this could work with other plant source blocks.
Vinewhip isn't exactly the same as waterarms: it only has a 'grab' and 'graple' ability and does not do any damage (unless you dropp someone). There are no submoves, the only difference between 'grab' and 'graple' is holding shift to use 'grab'. And i also think that this move shouldn't show any thing if you do not use it. Like with waterarms, you see two arms, but woth this move, you only see the action. I hope this is 'enough' to make it less like Waterarms?

Luminty

Verified Member
I think it would be cool to make it so that plant armor is used with shift, and left-click would give you a vine ability such as this one. I don't know how the particle stuff works, but would it be possible to use leaf-breaking particles? Just like packed really close or something? Don't melons grow with weird curly vines now? Would that be a possible thing?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
So waterarms grapple will be removed?

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
ahem I already made a similar suggestion to this, verrry similar.

Last edited:

Moonelight

Verified Member
I remember reading that PlantArmor will be removed. Would it be kept for this move should it be added?
I do not want PlantArmor to be removed. Create a post on why you think it should stay, or even why it should/could be improved. Anything to make it stay!

Of course the move has a lot of potential, it's just that the ideas were abandoned when we lost a Developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.