• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Update

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
My question directed to another question that is inside a quote and am asking for a completely different thing. How are you sure it won't be released in 2017? Do you really know for certain that you'll manage to fix those and new major bugs before that year comes?

Loony

Verified Member
My question directed to another question that is inside a quote and am asking for a completely different thing. How are you sure it won't be released in 2017? Do you really know for certain that you'll manage to fix those and new major bugs before that year comes?
There's 5 bugs currently, so yeah.

Matt

Verified Member
There's five now but somehow more always seem to appear
Unfortunately more do always appear, which is the side effect of working in a fairly large team (stuff falls through the cracks). I'm quite surprised we haven't released a beta not even now but earlier just based on that statement

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Sounds like you're saying we can't fix bugs without causing more problems. Could have just been my way of interpreting the message. My apologies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well that was kept happening this year. Wasn't it? If I had put the ":p" emoji without editing afterwards, you would have not misinterpeted what I said. It's ok.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just thought I should put a friendly reminder to everyone here. Every member of the staff works voluntarily and doesn't get paid for doing what they do. Although the forums have a premium member option which allows you to donate money, that money goes directly to the forum's host costs - which still has to be topped up by staff sometimes. So please remember that bombarding us with complaints and pleas and saying how it's "our fault" your server is failing won't make us go any faster. If anything, it's really demotivating.

I know some of you rely on this plugin for your servers to run. And that's fine. But for the likes of me, I don't have a server. I don't even work for a server as a mod or anything, either. So everything I've done has been only for the occasional "Thank you" and nothing else. I'm not the only staff member in this position either, as there are quite a few. And I know some staff have servers that they run as well, and that's fine, but again that's only a small proportion of staff as most do it for nothing. Please just bare this in mind.

I also know the plugin is taking a VERY long time to get a release out. And tbh, I also think that it should have been released long ago as well. But we're still working away at the final few, so please be patient while we finish things up. We're working as fast as we can to get it out. But hey, once it is out, you know it'll be so amazingly stable it'll blow your socks off! :)

Thanks for reading lol

Loony

Verified Member
Just thought I should put a friendly reminder to everyone here. Every member of the staff works voluntarily and doesn't get paid for doing what they do. Although the forums have a premium member option which allows you to donate money, that money goes directly to the forum's host costs - which still has to be topped up by staff sometimes. So please remember that bombarding us with complaints and pleas and saying how it's "our fault" your server is failing won't make us go any faster. If anything, it's really demotivating.

I know some of you rely on this plugin for your servers to run. And that's fine. But for the likes of me, I don't have a server. I don't even work for a server as a mod or anything, either. So everything I've done has been only for the occasional "Thank you" and nothing else. I'm not the only staff member in this position either, as there are quite a few. And I know some staff have servers that they run as well, and that's fine, but again that's only a small proportion of staff as most do it for nothing. Please just bare this in mind.

I also know the plugin is taking a VERY long time to get a release out. And tbh, I also think that it should have been released long ago as well. But we're still working away at the final few, so please be patient while we finish things up. We're working as fast as we can to get it out. But hey, once it is out, you know it'll be so amazingly stable it'll blow your socks off! :)

Thanks for reading lol
Going into this job we expected nothing less than an occasional "thank you" (which to be fair I've never actually gotten) but what we didn't expect was the community to constantly have a go at us for things out of our control lol. I don't know any plugin that listens to their community more than us and is so involved with their community, but we still get trashed talk for not involving the community enough

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Going into this job we expected nothing less than an occasional "thank you" (which to be fair I've never actually gotten) but what we didn't expect was the community to constantly have a go at us for things out of our control lol. I don't know any plugin that listens to their community more than us and is so involved with their community, but we still get trashed talk for not involving the community enough
I'm well aware that we were never meant to get anything more than that. But when things turn on you and you started to be blamed, a friendly reminder that says "Remember, we do this for free" doesn't hurt. I don't believe anyone should just stand by when that happens and let the insults continue.

Loony

Verified Member
I'm well aware that we were never meant to get anything more than that. But when things turn on you and you started to be blamed, a friendly reminder that says "Remember, we do this for free" doesn't hurt. I don't believe anyone should just stand by when that happens and let the insults continue.
I completely agree. I've always said - don't demand a service yet degrade those who provide it to you. Especially if it's free!

NickC1211

Verified Member
I understand but next time I beg of you please don't tell us any of us about any sort of update. And if you do pls pls pls don't say soon just be dead honest with us and say "don't expect it until like thanksgiving"

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I understand but next time I beg of you please don't tell us any of us about any sort of update. And if you do pls pls pls don't say soon just be dead honest with us and say "don't expect it until like thanksgiving"
As we've said, the reason "Soon" was said was because at the current rate, it was going to be out within the next week. However when we did testing again, we found more bugs.

I know there was lots of "Soon"s but as I said, at the time it was going to be soon. But we've also stopped saying that since then since it kept happening.

NickC1211

Verified Member
As we've said, the reason "Soon" was said was because at the current rate, it was going to be out within the next week. However when we did testing again, we found more bugs.

I know there was lots of "Soon"s but as I said, at the time it was going to be soon. But we've also stopped saying that since then since it kept happening.
idk what to say give me your honest opinion at the rate things or going do you think this update will be here before say halloween