• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Tremorsense more like in the show

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Element: Earth
Ability: Tremorsense (an alteration to it)
Function/Purpose: When you l-click with this ability on ground you will start to see throught blocks, like x-ray does, but you will be limited to seeing only by certain configured length (no matter on what option your render distance is set up) and only a few earthbendable blocks (you won't be able to see diamonds ores,diamond blocks, iron ores, coal and every other ores and very valuable blocks to not make it op) <==== this would turn those unseeable blocks into invisible barrier blocks if implanting xray as an ability is impossible. When this ability is active any block(those few listen earthbandables and non) that are around you 5-6 blocks further away from you would turn invisible/barrier only to your view of screen ,while further that limit only earthbendable blocks would be seeable. This would only be useful for finding near cave entress(as you are very limited to the distances range of seeing) and thats about it. The game screen would turn fuzzy,staticy or grey when in use of this ability (if possible), due that in the show when they perform this ability ,we seen how they "saw" the vibrations around them, being grey and all that. Any players and entities in your sight of this ability would become invisible in the range of the abilities effect and their nametag would disapear. Instead, glowstone beneat their feet would appear (if they are standing on a earthbendable block) that you would only see it and detect it (maybe the light of it emitting would be very bright to were it's very noticable). This would limited this ability even more ,making it more canon to the show and less op. After 10s cooldown (by default) the ability would stop and would get a long cooldown to perform this ability again (duh).
Canoon: Obviously it was perform numerious of times in the show ,both in atla and tlok.
Configuration (by default):
Length (the length limit of how many blocks further you could "see"): 12
Duration (how long does the ability last while in use): 10s.
CoolDown (self-explanatory): 20min.

Additional Information:
  • Stone, Sand and SandStone will become invisible as well.

Last edited:

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just change all the earthbendable blocks that aren't ore to barrier blocks for the short period of time? Or did I not get the point of the thread?
He wants so you can only see some blocks and not others, for the screen to change color, and for players to be black with no nametag

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
He wants so you can only see some blocks and not others, for the screen to change color, and for players to be black with no nametag
The only part able to be accomplished in that I'm guessing is the no name tag, as I see other plugins do it. You could change all the blocks you can't see to barrier blocks. But your right, mostly not possible with what I have seen.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The only part able to be accomplished in that I'm guessing is the no name tag, as I see other plugins do it. You could change all the blocks you can't see to barrier blocks. But your right, mostly not possible with what I have seen.
The entire removal of a nametag is no longer being worked on by other plugins because of how difficult 1.8 makes it afaik

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That's a good idea... i'll rewrite that in my first post :). Any other ideas how this can be accomplish and possible in the plugin??
I'll be honest, I still don't totally understand what you want XD I thought it was just like it would allow you to see ores XD

HydroMan

Verified Member
I'll be honest, I still don't totally understand what you want XD I thought it was just like it would allow you to see ores XD
Well i thought this would be more an ability as in the show that was numerious of time and never added in pk. This is what i really want to have as an earthbender :). Saying that you would be able to see them makes me think that people would consider and by that this would a quick denial to this idea ,so 'm not what you could use this for :D Mainly i focusing of detecting people and "feeling" the ground behind the wall your facing, like a cave or smth.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
This is a nice idea :D I just one problem here: you can only see barriers when you have one on your inventory. Let's see, you are trying to find a cave (johnson(lemons!)). With this, the barriers would appear and you couldn't say what is air and what is barrier. I suggest instead of barriers, glass :D

HydroMan

Verified Member
This is a nice idea :D I just one problem here: you can only see barriers when you have one on your inventory. Let's see, you are trying to find a cave (johnson(lemons!)). With this, the barriers would appear and you couldn't say what is air and what is barrier. I suggest instead of barriers, glass :D
Good thinking,buuut..... glass would look weird and not very see through. Maybe white stained glass pain.. I still need to think through what could be use for barrier as the problem you mentioned on barriers

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Good thinking,buuut..... glass would look weird and not very see through. Maybe white stained glass pain.. I still need to think through what could be use for barrier as the problem you mentioned on barriers
Problem? Barriers are perfect.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The point is that you want to be able to see through blocks, and barrier is perfect for that as it is invisible when you aren't holding one. After a short time the blocks would change back.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I forgot one small detail add. If you were in a cave or a mine you won't be able to see throught it as it is usually covered by stone ,which i said you can only see earthbendable blocks .So this could work out by clearing part of earthbendable blocks around you for about 5-6 farther away.

HydroMan

Verified Member
The point is that you want to be able to see through blocks, and barrier is perfect for that as it is invisible when you aren't holding one. After a short time the blocks would change back.
And..... ofc you, the user, would only be able to see ,like regular tremorsense makes you only see the glowstone and its emitting light

HydroMan

Verified Member
Does anyone came with the idea on how mob/player would be detected without actually seeing their apperance?

HydroMan

Verified Member
@AlexTheCoder getting the players locations, and changing the airblocks they are standing in into glowstone or other blocks but only for the user?
so making the player invisible but leaving a glowstone beneat their feet? I like that! They would be need to stand on a earthbendable for you to detect them (you would only see them)

Status
Not open for further replies.